Posted: 1/13/2002 3:16:29 PM EDT
Just read this article:
[url]http://www.usnewswire.com/topnews/temp/0109-129.html[/url]
Conversion kits are available to transform assault rifles such
as AK 47's into a .50 caliber sniper rifle. The .50 Caliber
Shooters Association estimates there may be as many as 20,000 of
these rifles in civilian hands.
View Quote

HMMMMMMMMMM......maybe its me, but I have never seen an AK conversion to .50 cal.

Edited cause my dumbass forgot how to spell quote
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 3:33:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Ever think about Arizona? Its 76 today in Phoenix. Does that seem odd to your salt/slush soaked self? I moved from Petoskey Michigan last year. Not moving back, even though its really nice there, AZ has more natural wonders than Michigan. The country is awesome! Everybody interested in guns is coming here.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 3:40:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 3:40:47 PM EDT
[#3]
You could always get out there and get busy working to take back your state.  Hard work but convincing people -- many of whom don't know any better are waiting to hear from someone besides the news. [:D)

Beats [>(]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 5:45:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ever think about Arizona? Its 76 today in Phoenix.
View Quote

And it will only be about 115 in August.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 5:58:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Yep. I go out to the car. Run the A/C at full blast all the way to the office. Sweat all the way into the building. Process is later reversed.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Like I said, I moved from Michigan and love it. I'm Norwegian, and originally from Nort Dakota. The chances of you not liking it here, considering it rains every day in WA. are about the same as your chances of finding a small breasted Mexican gal here.Sun shines all the time here.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:39:11 PM EDT
[#8]

as AK 47's into a .50 caliber sniper rifle. The .50 Caliber
Shooters Association estimates there may be as many as 20,000 of
these rifles in civilian hands.
View Quote

i about creamed myself when i read this, thats f*c*iNg insane. what pisses me off it people will belive it.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:38:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

Like I said, I moved from Michigan and love it. I'm Norwegian, and originally from Nort Dakota. The chances of you not liking it here, considering it rains every day in WA. are about the same as your chances of finding a small breasted Mexican gal here.Sun shines all the time here.
View Quote

Yeah, but it's a dry rain...[:D]

Well, I went to sunny southern CA from the Chicago area, and 7 years later moved up here to WA of my own accord.  Part of the reason I moved up here was that La Rasa seems to be winning down there (look them up on the web). Another reason was the crazy laws and politics, and the final reason is it was way to crowded in SoCal... people were getting nasty, and things were getting too expensive - so we moved to God's country
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yeah, but that's only in the shade.  [:D]

And no mosquitoes! (they vaporize at 100degrees)

Link Posted: 1/13/2002 10:23:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
as AK 47's into a .50 caliber sniper rifle. The .50 Caliber Shooters Association estimates there may be as many as 20,000 of these rifles in civilian hands.
View Quote

i about creamed myself when i read this, thats f*c*iNg insane. what pisses me off it people will belive it.
View Quote

They probably really mean "assault rifles such as AR-15's", using WatsonsWeapons.com type uppers.
[url]http://www.watsonsweapons.com/products/50boss.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 10:29:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
as AK 47's into a .50 caliber sniper rifle. The .50 Caliber Shooters Association estimates there may be as many as 20,000 of these rifles in civilian hands.
View Quote

View Quote

They probably really mean "assault rifles such as AR-15's", using WatsonsWeapons.com type uppers.
[url]http://www.watsonsweapons.com/products/50boss.htm[/url]
View Quote

Jeezus!  That's the coolest thing I've ever seen!

Anybody have any experience with these?
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#13]
next week it will be a 10/22 .50bmg kit! any one want one???
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 10:52:23 PM EDT
[#14]
... You will want to stay away from AZ.
(were bustin' at the seams)
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 1:09:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Jeezus!  That's the coolest thing I've ever seen!

Anybody have any experience with these?
View Quote

if that anti artical prompted someone to buy a 50 cal upper, that would be a victory for us on so many levels.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 1:25:00 PM EDT
[#16]
Vote with your feet!
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 1:44:58 PM EDT
[#17]
My state sucks
View Quote

<--------I know how you feel.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Hey, when are you AZ folks gonna get rid of that scum-bag McCain?!? He's making his fecal-based noises again. Last I heard there was an initiative to have his butt recalled. WHat ever happened to that? Are we in for a surprise come the next senatorial election in the great state of Arizona?
[peep]
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 2:52:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hey, when are you AZ folks gonna get rid of that scum-bag McCain?!? He's making his fecal-based noises again. Last I heard there was an initiative to have his butt recalled. WHat ever happened to that? Are we in for a surprise come the next senatorial election in the great state of Arizona?
View Quote

Oh yeah?!  Well our scum-bag senator McCain can beat up BOTH of your scum-bag leftwing senators any day!!

Link Posted: 1/14/2002 3:28:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Garhead,

It's not your state, it's some of the bozos who have been elected there.  Here, read this, it will make you feel beter:

[url]http://www.usnewswire.com/topnews/temp/0110-127.html[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top