Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/12/2009 7:59:35 PM EDT
Or is it just the one I visit on occasion?

The wait staff is, well...hot. Very much so. And I mean this as respectably as possible. Just stating a fact.
A single man notices these things.

Link Posted: 4/12/2009 8:00:38 PM EDT
[#1]
I think so.

Men in long term relationships notice these things too.....lest I be "teh ghey"
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 8:00:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Ummm.  Every restaurant tries to hire the most attractive waitresses that it can get.  
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Duh? Extremely attractive women are a draw for any business.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 8:02:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Ummm.  Every restaurant tries to hire the most attractive waitresses that it can get.  

This, sex sells,

It sells even better with food and beer.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 8:05:25 PM EDT
[#5]
It's just good business.

Link Posted: 4/12/2009 8:06:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Pix, please.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 8:07:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

From my observations in the restaurants around the town of about 40,000 people that I have been known to inhabit, it seems Texas Roadhouse is the only restaurant that does an exceptionally good job of this.

Link Posted: 4/12/2009 8:19:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Ya'll need to check out Bone Daddy's.
Makes Hooters look like a stall of aging streetwalkers.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Back room policy, not official due to lawsuits to discrimination. When i worked there, rumor was that the guidelines must be at least 70% must be attractive, under 28, and the other % can be what ever.  Any women who are old, unless attractive, will never make it past the application interview.

Link Posted: 4/12/2009 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#10]
ahh the good old days

I used to  hang out with many girls from that place. all hot and young. Had a few at the house.
Late 20's were good to me

30's suck so far
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 8:30:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By ––bullseye––:

The wait staff is, well...hot. Very much so. And I mean this as respectably as possible. Just stating a fact.

Dont know what you are talking about. We had a dude wait on us.  You dont like dudes do ya?

Link Posted: 4/12/2009 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Dont know what you are talking about. We had a dude wait on us.  You dont like dudes do ya?

Outed!
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 8:33:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Thread title:
"Does Texas Roadhouse make a point of hiring extremely attractive waitresses ?"
"Waitresses" being the operative word here.

Link Posted: 4/12/2009 8:40:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Not only are they hot, but borderline jailbait.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 9:26:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Oh, you've been to my local Hooters.

Link Posted: 4/12/2009 9:29:02 PM EDT
[#16]
The two that had here shut down within months.  Not from what I saw.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 9:31:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

From my observations in the restaurants around the town of about 40,000 people that I have been known to inhabit, it seems Texas Roadhouse is the only restaurant that does an exceptionally good job of this.

I grew up in a town of about 40,000. We had some restaurants with a generally attractive waitstaff and most had older folks who were in it for a career.

Go to a bigger city. No, scratch that. Go to a college town. A big college town, with a big D-1 school and a wide pool of coeds to pick from.

With a big enough sample size, the hot girls win. Every time.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 10:08:43 PM EDT
[#18]
Never been. Post pix of said waitresses or GTFO.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 10:12:34 PM EDT
[#19]
I know for a fact that many companies do. People who serve as guides  for the Universal Studios tour, one of the criteria is good looks. Also my younger sis is a dentist and so is her husband; he would only hire good looking dental assistants to work in their office, and it would drive my sis nuts. My friends would go their office for teeth cleaning, and ask me, "how can your sis stand it to be with all of those good looking girls?"
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 10:15:27 PM EDT
[#20]
I would imagine its something of a self selecting staff issue too.  The attractive women are probably going to make more money waiting than the average to less than average looking women.  The lower earners will be less likely to keep waiting when they're not getting the big tips.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 10:20:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Ya'll need to check out Bone Daddy's.

this
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 10:27:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
....Go to a college town. A big college town, with a big D-1 school and a wide pool of coeds to pick from.

BINGO!!!

Grocery cashiers, fast food workers, wait staff, bartenders, etc......all HOT girls.

Even the valet at the last restaurant I ate at was a beautiful girl.

Link Posted: 4/12/2009 10:44:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
....Go to a college town. A big college town, with a big D-1 school and a wide pool of coeds to pick from.

BINGO!!!

Grocery cashiers, fast food workers, wait staff, bartenders, etc......all HOT girls.

Tallahassee?
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 10:47:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

BINGO!!!

Tallahassee?

Nope.

Albert lives here.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 10:51:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Nope.

Albert lives here.

When did we get valets in Gainesville?
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 10:53:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Nope.

Albert lives here.

When did we get valets in Gainesville?

Stonewood and Ballyhoo have them most every weekend.

Link Posted: 4/12/2009 10:55:10 PM EDT
[#27]
They have those all the way up in Wisconsin now?
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 10:56:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Ballyhoo

Stuffed grouper.

Link Posted: 4/12/2009 11:04:03 PM EDT
[#29]

Excellent choice, as is their calamari, fresh scallops and fish taco.

They've moved ahead of Bonefish in my opinion.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 11:17:44 PM EDT
[#30]
I was robbed.....my wife and I ate at Texas Roadhouse on Saturday night. The waitress was a little on the heavy side.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 11:19:11 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I grew up in a town of about 40,000. We had some restaurants with a generally attractive waitstaff and most had older folks who were in it for a career.

Go to a bigger city. No, scratch that. Go to a college town. A big college town, with a big D-1 school and a wide pool of coeds to pick from.

He IS in a college town.

Yes, Texas roadhouses are in WI and yes the waitresses are hawt.

Link Posted: 4/12/2009 11:21:18 PM EDT
[#32]
down here the chilis used to be better than hooters, now its just some vultures and one hooters.  
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 12:17:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Very much so.  I live in a college town so the waitstaff is always attractive.  Doesn't help that there are usuall 3-4 of them just standing at the entrance greeting you when you first walk in.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 12:18:39 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

If that was true then why don't most restaurants have attractive waitresses?  The guys I know that run restaurants intentionally hire unattractive and often older women because they're usually much more reliable.  A pretty waitress is useless when she doesn't show-up for work.z
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 12:21:11 AM EDT
[#35]
I always prefer the older waitress, she's not too busy texting and flirting with guys at other tables to properly serve me.

Pretty women are everywhere, when I do go out, I want service worthy of the tip I leave.

ymmv.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 12:28:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I always prefer the older waitress, she's not too busy texting and flirting with guys at other tables to properly serve me.

Pretty women are everywhere, when I do go out, I want service worthy of the tip I leave.

ymmv.

As far as the tip goes, I leave what I feel they deserve.  I don't just tip X amount and hope they live up to it.  If they do a shitty as job then they get a 5% tip.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 12:54:47 AM EDT
[#37]
Texas Roadhouse is the place that serves the dern near pure alcohol drink, right?  This might explain your impression of the wait staff's appearance.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 1:24:07 AM EDT
[#38]
The last time I ate at  TL the waitress was a pig.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 1:26:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, you've been to my local Hooters.

He says that like it's a bad thing.

Link Posted: 4/13/2009 1:48:39 AM EDT
[#40]
No, Texas women are hotter than northern women on average. It's simply a practical and obvious example of statistics in action.

Link Posted: 4/13/2009 2:15:29 AM EDT
[#41]
not judging by the employees i have seen.......
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 2:20:31 AM EDT
[#42]
I would notice the Waitresses if I wasn't so busy with the 24 oz. Ribeye.
The sex will go, but you always will be hungry!

( Homer) MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm STEAK! Drool!
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 3:27:43 AM EDT
[#43]
This is usually the case, though the one by me seems to pick 'em a little on the young side. And they always appear to be ridiculously overstaffed.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 3:31:24 AM EDT
[#44]
for gods sake! you know better than to talk about attractive females and not include pics or at least MS Paint rendering!!
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 4:10:04 AM EDT
[#45]
Unfortunately in my most recent visit I failed and got a male waiter.  Maybe they're trying to tell me something.

Or maybe my wife was happy in there for once.......

Link Posted: 4/13/2009 4:48:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Seeing as I always have a dude waiting on me, I'd say no...

GR
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 4:49:12 AM EDT
[#47]

The Roadhouse in Brookfield?! I noticed that too. Did you try the "Boot Beer"?

Carl
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 4:53:24 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
ahh the good old days

I used to  hang out with many girls from that place. all hot and young. Had a few at the house.
Late 20's were good to me

30's suck so far

I still hang out with the Roadhouse girls.

My text from last Fri night said "All the RoadHouse girls are going to McCann [another bar]. Bring your ass.

It helps that one of my best friends was the managing parter of the local RH, so we partied with those girls all the time for years.
Link Posted: 4/13/2009 4:55:29 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

ymmv.

You come to Texas and I'll have you hooked up with great service and a beautiful babe to serve it to ya.

Link Posted: 4/13/2009 5:01:12 AM EDT
[#50]
The Texas Roadhouse by me has very hot waitresses, also the local pizza joint only hires hot chicks to work the pickup counter and as hostesses
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top