Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2002 1:10:29 PM EDT
Check this out:

[url]http://www.usnewswire.com/topnews/temp/0109-129.html[/url]

These quotes are particularly interesting:

"Conversion kits are available to transform assault rifles such as AK 47's into a .50 caliber sniper rifle."

"The purchase of 25 Barrett .50 caliber sniper
rifles has been traced to Osama bin Laden."

"These weapons are easily accessible at gun shops and over the Internet either whole or in kits."

When was the last known instance of a politician stating a truth or fact about firearms?  These guys just make up shit as they go.  Why?  What do they hope to gain?  [pissed]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 1:17:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 1:22:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is your chance to help her understand [url]http://www.karenmay.org/[/url]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 1:28:37 PM EDT
[#3]
They might be thinking of .50BMG uppers for AR's.  From media point of view, AR's and AK's are the same gun.  However, it's more likely that they're just throwing out boogeyman buzzwords so no one will notice a new push for legislation to tilt at windmills.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#4]

"Conversion kits are available to transform assault rifles such as AK 47's into a .50 caliber sniper rifle."

View Quote

I'd like to get me one of 'em conversion kits.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 2:43:07 PM EDT
[#5]
marvl, remember, they don't have to correct in what they say or report - they just have to repeat it often enough to get the sheeple to believe it.  And what do you know, it's working.  

Maynard is correct, as long as the Libs can keep the sheeple in a state of fear, and pose themselves (the politicians) as the saviors, they can then propose and pass any anti-gun laws they want, regardless of the fact that it won't do a damn thing for this illusion called "safety".

Why do we have crime and victims?

Simple - because too amny people are spinless enough that they absolutely will not do [i]anything[/i] to defend themselves.

It's that simple.

CMOS
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 2:56:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Here is your chance to help her understand [url]http://www.karenmay.org/[/url]
View Quote

Have you read the bills she has sponsored and co-sponsored?

Don't waste your time writing to her...might as well write to Babs Boxhead.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 3:41:43 PM EDT
[#7]
"Cult leader David Koresh and members of his Branch Davidians fired on federal
agents using .50 caliber military sniper rifles."

This is the first I ever heard of that?
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 3:41:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 4:03:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, I had to do something to make myself feel better, so I wrote a long letter to Ms. May and tried to educate her.  I'm sure it was a complete waste of time, but at least it made me feel better.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 4:07:47 PM EDT
[#10]
I'd bang her.  Maybe that's all she needs.  I sent her an email to that effect.  I'll let you know if I get a response.

Will I be allowed to auction her panties here?
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#11]
All,

Well, I don't know how many of you contacted Karen May, but I sent her an email where I ripper her a new As*hole.  I was polite enough as I wanted her/her rep. to read it, but I indicated in no uncertain terms that she is a LIAR.  

BTW, it seems to me that around 2 months ago I saw a thread on TFL by the owner of Barrett regarding some rep. slandering him/Barrett on this very matter.  I think he's considering a libel suit.

@#!#$!!!...she's just another commie bitch...
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 10:34:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'd like to get me one of 'em conversion kits.
View Quote

Well, it's for the AR-15 instead of the AK, but since this is an AR-15 site, that should be ok.
[url]http://www.watsonsweapons.com/products/50boss.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 10:41:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'd bang her.  Maybe that's all she needs.  I sent her an email to that effect.  I'll let you know if I get a response.

Will I be allowed to auction her panties here?
View Quote

Man, she's nastier than Hillary. What the hell's wrong with you? [}:D]

It's people like here and our own scum bags in California that are driving to me to spend my unemployment checks on a new 50 cal.
Link Posted: 1/14/2002 7:17:43 AM EDT
[#14]
She is definitely a loser.
Just look at her record on bills introduced and bills co-sponsored.
It is a good thing she is though.
BigDozer66
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top