Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2002 3:09:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 3:19:12 AM EDT
[#1]
The full version of this article is accessible through our subscription services. Please refer to the box below for details.
View Quote

Online (monthly updates) US$ 1,465
View Quote

Yum, for only $1465 dollars, I can read the rest of what looks to be an interesting article.

Think I will have to pass.[IMG]http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/aahmed/tongue.gif[/IMG]

Link Posted: 1/13/2002 3:23:54 AM EDT
[#2]
DAMN!  I thought this article was going to reinforce an earlier one.

An earlier article from Jane's on small arms calibers said that the move towards mouse calibers was WRONG, that recent conflicts and preferences of Special Forces have borne out that the bigger calibers (i.e. 7.62N and AK-47 ammo) are the best ammo for assault rifles.  

This totally contradicted a certain guru at AK-47.net at the time whose opinions were trated as orthodoxy.  

Anyway, I had hoped this was more of the same from Jane's, an  outfit I have the highest respect for.  Oh well.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 3:24:08 AM EDT
[#3]
[b]"By the time the next Jane's Infantry Weapons Foreword is published the veracity of these forecasts can be reassessed"[/b]

I would like to see the reassessment.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 3:33:19 AM EDT
[#4]
AK do the best in less than optimum situations, ie sand, dirt, dust, mud, stuff like that....much more rugged and reliable.  AKs were made to be just a lead sprayer, and thats about all they are :).  

Course over in Afghani country, a 7.62x54 PKM would do nicely.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 3:36:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 4:48:11 AM EDT
[#6]
What is a mouse gun anyways? ive never seen a mouse with a gun i thought the brady bill banned
mouse with guns.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 5:22:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:01:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Surely some good reader here has corporate access to the rest of the article.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 10:33:33 AM EDT
[#9]
It seems to me that the debate of M16 vs AK47 has become a moot point in light of the air and armor power exhibited in the last two conflicts in which the US has been involved.

In more personal conflicts, the Israelies have shown the M16 (mostly CAR16s) to be accurate, reliable and durable in harsh environments.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 10:51:40 AM EDT
[#10]
Damn gun shows. Without them, the Taliban wouldn't have an guns to fight with. Except of course all those .50BMGs that Barrett illegally exported to them. I hope they don't shoot down too many of our F16s.

Note: the above is satire (for those of you who don't get it).
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 5:39:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top