Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2002 6:57:30 PM EDT
Well, I went to the Gun Show today and intended to get a brake for my AR. Well, I couldn't find any Non-Threaded Brakes that didn't look just plain weird.

As I am walking around, people are asking how much I want for my AR. So, I begin thinking how much it would cost me to build another. One dealer offers me $300 which I turned down for obvious reasons. But, I did eventuall make a private sale/trade. I got enough money to build another AR and a .22 Rifle with a really nice scope. I think the Scope is a little too nice for a .22, so I'll probably try to get a mount to put it on my next AR.

Well, for now I'll just send the money to VISA, so I don't have to pay so much interest while I try to figure out what parts I'll get. Then, I'll just buy the parts on my VISA Card.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 7:10:16 PM EDT
[#1]
[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/eek2.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 8:18:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 9:06:36 PM EDT
[#3]
M
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 9:09:51 PM EDT
[#4]
You sold your AR?

Well, grab a 180 before it's too late!
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 10:36:43 PM EDT
[#5]
No, I said I sold it. I got $400 [u][b]AND[/b][/u] a .22 With A Nice Scope.

The AR was built from a kit that cost me $300 and a $95 RRA Lower.

I plan on using the money and my next check to to build a 16" Carbine or M4gery w/ Fixed Telestock or I might use it to go Class 3.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 10:39:32 PM EDT
[#6]
BTW, what kind of adapter would I need to mount the scope on a Flat-Top.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 10:40:19 PM EDT
[#7]
My guess is you would not have taken it to the gun show unless you intended to sell it in the first place![;)]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 10:42:44 PM EDT
[#8]
you would need scope rings to mount it on a flattop...or you could use scope rings and something like a DPMS tri-rise to get added height.

medcop
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top