Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2002 6:49:50 PM EDT
I ate two big pieces of focaccia bread without realizing they were moldy! Should I start writing my will tonight, before I go into a coma?
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:51:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:53:26 PM EDT
[#2]
At least you wont have to take antibiotics for anthrax now.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 6:57:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Man, make light of this if you will, but there's nothing worse than hugging the toilet in the middle of the night!

Make all the fun you want! ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HA [BD][:X*][puke]

Edit to add, "dibs" my ass! With friends like yous guys, who needs enemies!
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 7:03:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 7:13:30 PM EDT
[#5]
You'll be fine.

I went through this same thing a couple of months ago. I was having a sandwich for lunch at a friend of mines house when he says to me, he says "You didn't eat the moldy bread did you?". What a dumbass. I can't believe he hadn't thrown it out already.

Anyway, I looked and realized I had just had two sandwichs with the moldy bread (I didn't notice because I was eating it with my wifes wonderful egg salad, it's just THAT good).

So I called up my wife freaking out asking her if I was going to die. She assured me I wasn't and that I probably wasn't going to even get sick. I didn't believe her and sweated it all day, thinking I was going to start throwing up and die in a coma.

Niether happened. Didn't even feel queasy.

I think you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 7:18:13 PM EDT
[#6]
A little mold never hurt anybody[X]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 7:20:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Jeeesh... Some people will do any thing to get a free dose of Penicillin (sp)

Yes you will die... one day.

Link Posted: 1/12/2002 7:20:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Should I start writing my will tonight, before I go into a coma?
View Quote

I duno,,,
Ed Avila is the [size=5][b]REAL OLD[/b][/size=5] bread expert around here!
[:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 7:20:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#10]
I think you have more to worry about if you inhaled the mold spores than if you ate them.  I've heard of some nasty respiratory infections from inhaled spores.

USPC40

-------------------------------------------------
[b][blue]NRA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.nra.org[/url]
[b][blue]GOA Life Member[/blue][/b] - [url]www.gunowners.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAF Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.saf.org[/url]
[b][blue]SAS Supporter[/blue][/b] - [url]www.sas-aim.org[/url]

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/USPC40/alabamaflag.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 7:54:20 PM EDT
[#11]
the ailment raf is describing is

ergot poisoning

that type of poisoning can happen when one eats infected rye grain not just the baked bread its self.

there was also a documented case around 1946 is some small town in france. Also Im pretty sure there was a case in here in the states around the 1600's too.

if you start seeing blood drip from the walls and snakes in your bed while convulsing and twitching at the same time your pretty much toast.

i got dibs on your stuff too [;D]

raf how bout a game of rock paper sissors
{after he croacks of corse. its not right diddy up his stuff untill he's been snuffed}
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#12]
one time, at camp, i ate some moldy bread, and you know what? i died....
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 9:17:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Post from mattja -
With friends like yous guys, who needs enemies!
View Quote

Considering what has just occurred, the correct phrase should have been:

'With friends like you guys, who needs [u]enemas[/u]?'

Eric The(PhraseTurning)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 9:22:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Don't worry you'll be fine.
I eat expensive moldy cheese all the time...
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 9:43:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Everyone dies, some sooner than others.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 9:47:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Yes, Mattja, you're going to die (eventually).  The question is, "Are you going to die alone"?

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=85589[/url]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 9:48:19 PM EDT
[#17]
dont worry you wont die ........Yet
first you will stuck on the toilet for hours shooting flames out yer @ss, and THEN you will die.

now dont be embarrassed, if its good enough for Elvis then its good enough for YOU.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 10:12:12 PM EDT
[#18]
This is one of the most entertaining threads I've seen yet.  Seriously though, you're more likely to be killed by Ted Kennedy's car than some moldy focaccia.

On the other hand, I heard recently that the death rate in America is 100%.  If you get a chance, could you post a list of items that will be in the estate sale?  [:)]

I wish you a comfortable and restful night!
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 10:29:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 1:38:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
IIRC, some town in medieval France went temporarily bonkers one day.  Turned out that the town's bread supply had been tainted by a mold (ergot) that produced chemicals with an LSD-like effect.

Maybe this is a bad time to bring this up.  Sorry.

Most of the affected recovered, I think.
View Quote
LMAO
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 2:21:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 2:22:04 AM EDT
[#22]
Mattja,
I asked this question once and these were the responses.  It's pretty disturbing!

You might have to register as a member to read my post but it's worth it if you want to live!!!
[url]http://www.dssunderground.com/forum/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=nobsarea&Number=144825&page=&view=&sb=&o=&vc=1[/url]

Here is a sample:

If your eating of moldy bread is unintentional, all will be fine. However if you intentionally ingested the moldy bread, I would be contacting my physician immediately!!!

Mold spores can be detrimental to your health. They can cause nausea, diarehhia, and vomiting in extreme cases. Furthermore, the introduction of bacteria/mold spores into the gastrointestinal/urinary tract can lead to certain unintentional consequences such as yeast infections in the groin area as well as stools that omit an unusually extreme foul odor(over and above the usual odor). I suggest you seek professional medical advice immediately! If you are shy about seeing a physician, some yogurt tablets and/or penecillin substitutes can be found at your local health food store! I hope this helps!

Dr. Animal_Mother

The most notable characteristics of a full-blown infection are a foul smelling cheesy-like substance around the glans penis and also on either side of the scrotum in the area where you get chaffing from your underwear. That is if you are male. If you are female the cheese-like substance is not visible, but the odor and a feeling of "uncomfort" exists. If you find these manifestions, seek immediate medical help!!! Further neglect of this condition could result in a UTI(Urinary Tract Infection)which is very serious and if left untreated can result in reproductive problems in both sexes. This UTI WILL require treatment with penecillin!

Dr. Animal_Mother
View Quote

[img]http://www.dssunderground.com/forum/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img] YIKES~!!! [img]http://www.dssunderground.com/forum/images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 3:13:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Am I going to die, or what?
View Quote

I've got bad news and I've got good news.....

The bad news is Yes, you are gonna die

The good news is, not for some time soon.

Other than possible gastric complaints and/or diarrhea you should be allright.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 5:56:19 AM EDT
[#24]
After returning homelate one night I ate two muffins aided by a Glass of Milk.

Half way to the last one I realized they were no such thing as green berries and the milk was gone off.

Dont drink and eat.

Or should I say dont eat unless you are sober.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:00:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I ate two big pieces of focaccia bread without realizing they were moldy! Should I start writing my will tonight, before I go into a coma?
View Quote

Dude, turn on the fucking light when you raid the icebox!

Seriously, you are deeply screwed.  Eating moldy bread [i]does[/i] lead to death, usually in 50 to 60  years.  Sorry, man.  We'll miss you.

Hey, you gonna use those Hi-cap mags?...
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 6:08:17 AM EDT
[#26]
What's focaccia bread ?  It sounds like it SHOULD be moldy.   Like a lot of the expensive cheeses,  they're not right unless they are moldy.  Good luck with that toilet man.  Just make sure it doesn't squirt up the lid and come down on your head like that guy had happen to him in the restaurant

crash.
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:55:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Before you guys start divvying up my stuff, let me tell you what happened.

Tonight, close to 24 hours later exactly, I had a major gastrointestinal event. We're talking out of the ordinary here! It was explosive!

Other than that, I feel okay.

Damn it! No more Italian food for me!
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:57:51 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 9:00:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Matt, lemme buy you more moldy food.  We need to increase your odds of becoming eligible for an estate divvy-up [;D]
View Quote

With all the cool stuff you can get in Texas, why would you want my measly California-legal collection anyway? he he

Link Posted: 1/13/2002 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Think of mold as a green vegie, kinda like....mold. Opps. I mean peat moss or sprouts or something.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top