Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2002 5:58:41 PM EDT
Very cool old gun. My uncle got it at a show last weekend ad we took it out today to shot a few clays with it. of all the clays we shot at only one was missed, by me of course.[rolleyes] my uncle shot a few doubles with it. Anyone here have one? I just think these were very nice guns that were never made for very long. And they have a interesting history behind them. I have heard that they were designed by "carbine williams", the guy who designed the M1 carbine. I would like to here from anyone who has more info about Winchester 59's.

-bricklayer
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Winchester never had a auto that was very successful.The 59 deseved to be.It was ahead of its time.I believe Carbine Williams designed part of the 50.QWhich is a heavier version of the 59.The barrel on the 59 was supposed to have a mile of material rapped around it.I seen a 59  Winchester did a test on.They were never able to blow up a 59 barrel
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top