Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 12:52:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Page 2.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I can see the "gunshow loophole" being closed very easily... especially since it would pass the standards set forth by the Heller decision.

What are these "standards set forth by the Heller decision?"

There's nothing in the decision that would prohibit it, and an argument can be made that if disallowing felons/prohibited persons is permissible, then background checks for all firearms sales is an extension of that rule.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 6:29:18 PM EDT
[#3]
In NC in order to recceive a pistol from someone either a permit from the sheriff or a valid CCW permit is required period NCGS 14-402. I think there is also a federal law requiring a NICS back ground check for all long guns,shot guns wether it is bought from a dealer or from a private seller.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 6:37:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I think there is also a federal law requiring a NCIS back ground check for all long guns,shot guns wether it is bought from a dealer or from a privvate seller.

I think you have no idea what you're talking about.

Link Posted: 4/9/2009 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#5]
What about the "trade" loop-hole?

When parked at work, and some shit-ass breaks into your pickup, and steals your Glock from your glove box, he will trade it to Tyrone for an 8-ball of crack. Tryrone will then have to fill out a 4473 in order to sell the gun to Latrell. Since Latrell is a convicted felon, the sale will be declined, and one more felon will go home without a weapon. However Tryone will have a Glock semiautomatic assault pistol because the shit-ass traded it for some crack w/o having to file the appropriate paperwork due to the trade loophole.

I don't see how this will work if there is a "trade" loophole.

Link Posted: 4/9/2009 6:50:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What about the "trade" loop-hole?

When parked at work, and some shit-ass breaks into your pickup, and steals your Glock from your glove box, he will trade it to Tyrone for an 8-ball of crack. Tryrone will then have to fill out a 4473 in order to sell the gun to Latrell. Since Latrell is a convicted felon, the sale will be declined, and one more felon will go home without a weapon. However Tryone will have a Glock semiautomatic assault pistol because the shit-ass traded it for some crack w/o having to file the appropriate paperwork due to the trade loophole.

I don't see how this will work if there is a "trade" loophole.

Scared white men don't need a law that works. They need a law that makes them feel less scared.

Link Posted: 4/9/2009 6:54:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Thats OK

I already sold all my guns in private sales

well, the ones I didn't lose in my boating accident.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 3:11:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

it would be politically unwise to attempt to reinstate the AWB, the dumbocrats know this.  i don't really care if they intitute a mandatory waiting period for rifles like the already have for pistols.  you can't wait 2 or 3 days?

What is this "waiting period" you speak of?  The longest I ever waited was about two minutes and that was before I got my CHL.
i've never purchased a pistol but i know @ the gun show you can't take home a handgun but you can take home a rifle or shotgun.  at the gunshow, if you buy a pistol, it get's mailed to you.  i'm not sure how it works honestly, i've never bought a handgun. my dad has so many i just use his.  i was under the impression it would be the same @ a gun store, in that you must wait 2 or 3 days for whatever reason.  maybe so you'll cool off if your buying it to kill yourself or someone else?  idfk

That must be a state law.  Usually you walk in (whether it's the gun shop or a dealer at the gun show), fill out the form, they make a two minute phone call, you hand them money and walk out with your gun.  It's no different for a pistol or rifle.  If you're buying it from an individual you don't even have to do that - just exchange money for gun and you're done.

i have a feeling that's a strictly Texas phenomenon.  the 2 minute phone call only applies to rifles and shotguns here in South Carolina.  for handguns there's definitely a waiting period, at least @ a gun show.

No.  SC is one of the states that has a handgun waiting period.  These waiting periods are state law not federal law.  The majority of states do not have a handgun waiting period.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top