Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2002 8:10:11 AM EDT
Went to a small local show today (King's Caterer's in Bristol, PA) There were 5 gun dealers, and maybe 40 other dealers selling primarily junk (though there were TWO small tool dealers with large, mutitable displays in this small show).

The gun dealers were the usual mix; guy who sells EBRs of various types at 150% of actual value, guy who always has a good selection and variety of guns, lots of interesting stuff, asks top dollar, and rarely discouts anything interesting (though at this show he had a lot of decently priced stuff, though only one good deal), the mandatory guy selling riot guns and bryco/jennings pistols for just a little less than he wants or his one or two Glocks (and who offered me his "great deal"; a SAR-1 AK for only $369 with TWO (count 'em) 30 round mags), and, of course, the guy who selling all sorts of sh*t, including a post-ban 9/11 carbine as a pre-ban for only $595 and a pre-ban NIB Norico AK-47, fixed stiock, for his "bargain" price of $2195.

The rest of the show was all junk dealers with few guns and lots of "stuff."

The deal I got was from dealer number 2; a NIB PolyTech M14/S for $560. The only bad thing was that he had pulled the 20 round mag (which I could buy for only $45) and it came with just the 5 round.

Link Posted: 1/12/2002 9:18:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Dave,my friend,can I call you my friend?...Always get the mag its marketed with.I've refused purchase when 'they' pull that crap.9 times outta 10 they give you the mag.That was how it was displayed,i'd bet.I've played that game a time to many.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 11:37:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 11:50:28 AM EDT
[#3]
bolt -

I believe they came originally with 1-5 and 1-20. if I didn't have a few M14 mags around the house I moght have said something. But given that these usually go for $750 at shows around here, and genrally <$600 is a good deal, i wasn't too concerned.  I'll pick up a few more of the $32 M14 mags just to round out the collection.

oneshot-

It was a great price for here otherwise I would have passed,

Link Posted: 1/12/2002 12:39:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 2:11:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I was at the OGCA show today too.....mind numbing as usual.  Tried to talk my brother into buying an Ishapore .308 Enfield somebody had for $100.  Couldn't believe the prices people were asking for M-16 mags..$35 and up except for one table that had used ones for $10.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 2:56:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I went to the "BigTown" Show here in DFW today. I couldnt believe the prices some folks where asking for used abused scratched up stuff.Scopes in particular.If it wasnt for a couple of good to fair ammo dealers it would be a waste.I just wonder if they would drop the "flea market" vendors what would the atmosphere be like?
Most shows in this area should be called "the gun,knife army surplus and garage sale show"!
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 3:38:45 PM EDT
[#7]
The polytech 20 round mag isint worth the same as a usgi anyway the GI mags have the catch block at the back of the mag welded on whereas the chinese mags it is stamped out of the sheet metal and dont always lock in that well and wear quickly---save the $45 get a usgi from coles or get a few of the chineese ones for $15 bucks each at tapco or the like. If you got $45 off the price for a chineese mag he did you a favor.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 4:41:53 PM EDT
[#8]
All of the good chinese M14 mags I've ever had (~30 total) were identical in appearance to USGI mags, minus the manufacturer ID marks. The mag catch is welded on identically to the USGI; I'm looking at the two, side by side, right now.

The only M14 mags I've seen with the stamped catch are the POS USA-brand mags.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top