Link Posted: 4/5/2009 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

An issued one.

Unless you buy your own thats better.

Well, your username fits

Link Posted: 4/5/2009 9:42:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Standard issue slings are the best IMHO.

Everybody comes to Iraq and immediatley buys the damn Mamba or some other high speed sling. Pain in the ass if you ask me.

The only after market sling type thingy I use is the wolf hook. And even those you can make yourself with a D-ring and some 550 cord.
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 9:44:07 PM EDT
[#4]
standard two point or single point slings are GTG. I'm a firm believer in K.I.S.S. and those 3 point harnesses aren't something u want to be fucking around with when your clearing rooms.
Link Posted: 4/5/2009 9:54:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Standard issue slings are the best IMHO.

Everybody comes to Iraq and immediatley buys the damn Mamba or some other high speed sling. Pain in the ass if you ask me.

The only after market sling type thingy I use is the wolf hook. And even those you can make yourself with a D-ring and some 550 cord.

This
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 1:12:05 AM EDT
[#6]
for the Marine Corps, issue is either a "parade" sling, or a 3 point. a lot of guys use their own bought shit though.
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 2:20:15 AM EDT
[#7]
The army issues a soft piece of nylon webbing with 2 "keepers". Very few actually use it in Iraq. Some units bought 3-points for soldiers. Most just buy their own. I use a Vtac 2-point.
Link Posted: 4/6/2009 2:35:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
for the Marine Corps, issue is either a "parade" sling, or a 3 point. a lot of guys use their own bought shit though.

We got VTACs, they have an NSN, however the armory also had Black Hawk and Spectre 3 points.

The Padded VTAC is a good piece of gear.
Link Posted: 4/9/2009 2:29:38 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

The army issues a soft piece of nylon webbing with 2 "keepers". Very few actually use it in Iraq. Some units bought 3-points for soldiers. Most just buy their own. I use a Vtac 2-point.

Is that different than the "silent sling" that I am familiar with?

Link Posted: 4/11/2009 1:00:40 PM EDT
[#10]
This sling has a NSN:

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Viking-Tactics-Sling-MK2-VTAC-p/viking%20mk2%20sling%20black.htm

Is it safe to assume that it is issued to the military?
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 2:37:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Or you can make one out of a ruck sack strap and have exactly the same thing.
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 2:55:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
So,

What sling does the Army use on M4's?

I used my own 3 point sling, our unit issued out several 3 point slings as well.  Very few used the issue sling.
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 10:52:22 PM EDT
[#13]
I just participated in a "Robin Sage" training excersise this past Wednesday.  Everyone (US Army SF candidates) were using M4a1's and as far as I could tell....all were using the good 'ol, $6 "silent" sling.
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 11:07:32 PM EDT
[#14]
the issue sling in my unit was the mamba.
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 11:13:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Where can you get the mil-issued sling? I was surprised when I bought my Colt that it came with the nylon one. I was hoping to get one that was like my issue one,made out of cotton,like the issued web belts.
Link Posted: 4/11/2009 11:46:35 PM EDT
[#16]
My ANG SF unit issues Tactical Link single point slings and QD mounts that are installed on the buffer tube.

I installed them last May or so. The unit bought them for all of our M4's.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 1:03:00 AM EDT
[#17]
I use both. A wolf hook that i use when Im on the ground, and the issue one for when I am on the FOB.  Both work fine installed at the same time. I could easily get away with just the issue one.
Link Posted: 4/12/2009 2:04:42 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
standard two point or single point slings are GTG. I'm a firm believer in K.I.S.S. and those 3 point harnesses aren't something u want to be fucking around with when your clearing rooms.

3 points work fine for CQB.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top