Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2002 2:02:58 PM EDT
Quick and short.I posted some 15rd mags on GunBroker.Clearly state i will not sell nor ship where prohibited.Buyer uses Buy It Now option.He emails me and wants me to call him.Find out he's in Cal.I email him stating i cant sell nor ship to him.His reply was typed worse then my typing now.Misspelled words,no caps,periods looked like a 5 year old pounding on the keys.Anyways i respond a 2nd time stating i cant send them to Cal.His 3rd reply looks like it was typed by a Grad student stating he wanted the items shipped to WA. now.I have a feeling i should avoid this deal like $2.00 hooker in downtown Watts.Whats your opinion?  
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 2:09:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't touch it with the proverbial ten foot pole.  You clearly stated your prohibitions and you know where the guy lives. Frankly, it sounds like a setup.  Advise the Gunbroker.com administrator on what's happening and repost your mags.  My .02 worth...
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 2:30:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 2:42:49 PM EDT
[#3]
There's no law that says you can't sell a CA RESIDENT the mags as long as said resident doesn't bring hi-cap mag back into CA. If he does bring the mags into CA then its his problem not yours. Various large mail-order outfits will sell hi-cap mags to CA residents as long as the mags are NOT SHIPPED to CA.

Link Posted: 1/11/2002 4:05:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Chas I agree with you.Just seems a bit flakie.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 4:08:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 4:28:10 PM EDT
[#6]
If he has someone in WA State willing to accept the mags it is most certainly NOT illegal for you to take his money and send the mags to an address in WA State, especially if he tells you in writing that the mags are staying in that state.
Let's not wind up enforcing the spirit of unconstitutional state laws we all hate when we could go by the letter of the law instead.
However, if you feel bad about it, don't do it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top