Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2002 12:52:06 PM EDT
Went to Colordao for Christmas and ran across some microwaveable pork rinds.  Skeptical at first, I decided to try them anyway.  Damn, they were actually pretty good.  I got the hot and spicy variety.  Made by a company called Lowerey's out of Oregon.  

Anyone else ever heard of these?
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 12:54:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Try "Pork Rind Nachos".  Put cheese on the nachos and nuke em till the cheese starts to melt, then dip in salsa (hot salsa, not the pussy stuff).  Wonderful.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Nuked Pork Rinds, ROCK!!!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 1:32:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 1:40:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Around here the Wal-Marts carry them.  However, it seems to be a popular item – they’re always running out of them.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 2:14:11 PM EDT
[#5]
It's a heart attack in bag - but they're good[:D]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Went to Colordao for Christmas and ran across some microwaveable pork rinds.  Skeptical at first, I decided to try them anyway.  Damn, they were actually pretty good.  I got the hot and spicy variety.  Made by a company called Lowerey's out of Oregon.  

Anyone else ever heard of these?
View Quote

I saw these at Walmart in health concious Los Altos, CA and had the same reaction: saw them, snickered, then put a bag in the cart. Also got the spicy variety, but I thought they were pretty tame.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:29:13 PM EDT
[#7]
POSTED BY BROUHAHA

I can't seem to find them here around Houston, but I picked up a few packages while on a trip to Mobile, AL last winter. Those things are awesome!
View Quote

Got mine at Sam's. They may have them at Wal-Mart too.

Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:32:27 PM EDT
[#8]
You better wash them down with a beer and a lipitor. he he
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Gotta love them cheech-a-row-knees!  Pork rinds and a sixer of Sierra Nevada, yeah buddy.

Then of course, my cholesterol level has never been above 148. [:D]

Otra cervesa, por favor!
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:05:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Hahah when my family moved down to NC from NY about 8 or 9 years ago, that was one of the first "southern" things I encountered. I tried some pork rinds, they were okay, but just the idea of eating fried pork fat kind of wierded me out.

Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:23:26 PM EDT
[#11]
I think they're great, but my fiancee says they stink up the whole house and I can't eat them here. I think they smell better than her artichokes!
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:32:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I heard they are really popular in Afghanistan!
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:35:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
but just the idea of eating fried pork fat kind of wierded me out.
View Quote

I don't think they're the fat.  They're actually the skin.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top