Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2002 9:10:54 AM EDT
... Man, I've been home sick three days now with the flu.

... Anyone else been sick this winter?

... Actually (as read as my perception) it seems this has been a mild flu season, I was thinking with all that anthrax scare stuff that more people would be out illin'.

... Thank goodness for sick days.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:17:45 AM EDT
[#1]
What do you describe as the "flu"?
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:29:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Been lucky so far.
Have a better one.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:32:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What do you describe as the "flu"?
View Quote

... Lower back and muscle pains, fever, congestion and a nasty cough. I ain't bitching I know there are a lot out there worse off then me, just venting. At least I can stay at home and "visit" with the "gang". Can't do [u]that[/u] behind the firewall.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:46:02 AM EDT
[#4]
That's a drag, Winston.

I hope you feel better soon.
Sometimes you get it because of family members who are high risk. Do you have kids? Or, a wife in the health care business?

Check out this link:

[url]http://www.msnbc.com/news/685319.asp[/url]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 12:15:56 PM EDT
[#5]
JOIN THE F-ing CLUB!!!

I've been home since Monday
Had AT LEAST a 102'F on Monday afternoon
Throat so swollen I literally couldn't swallow
My neck was swollen like a buck in heat
Scale says I lost 8lbs. (couldn't eat..see above
Slept in basement familyroom to avoid kids

AR15.com & warm ginger ale buddy!!!!
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 12:53:31 PM EDT
[#6]
wolf,
your symptoms do sound like influenza. There are meds that can help but are much better if given very early on. Pneumonia would also be a possible.

gunnut,
your symptoms sound more like strep to me. If so, you need antibiotics for several reasons. Have you had Mono? If not, are you very fatigued?
If strep, I've found that Ibuprofen seems to work best for all of your symptoms and unless there is a reason not to I would take up to 800mg every 8hrs with food, as needed.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 1:07:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Started the weekend before New Years.  New Years Eve I felt so bad, I took Tylenol PM at 7 pm, told my brother to wake me if anything blew up, woke up at 6 am thinking, "Guess we're still all here."  I finally feel better, just a little congestion.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 1:16:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I was in bed 4 days straight last week. I think I read every post ever made on this board during that time.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 5:39:37 PM EDT
[#9]
... I finally went outside today, it was nice. Sailed a radio controlled sailboat around a duck pond with a fishing line in the water.

... Ahhhhh

... It was damn good therapy. No more Thera-Flu M for me!
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 5:43:41 PM EDT
[#10]
The whole family gets it and you're the "Flu Sux Clan".
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:05:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The whole family gets it and you're the "Flu Sux Clan".
View Quote

[b]BusMaster007[/b], that was a real stinker

[:D][:D][:D]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:23:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
wolf,
your symptoms do sound like influenza. There are meds that can help but are much better if given very early on. Pneumonia would also be a possible.

gunnut,
your symptoms sound more like strep to me. If so, you need antibiotics for several reasons. Have you had Mono? If not, are you very fatigued?
If strep, I've found that Ibuprofen seems to work best for all of your symptoms and unless there is a reason not to I would take up to 800mg every 8hrs with food, as needed.
View Quote

drjarhead:

1)  ...you need antibiotics for several reasons

[red]Zithromax 250mg[/red]

2)  Have you had mono?

[red]I've been married for almost 15
          years.
          My wife wont let me kiss her
          anymore.[/red]

3)  ...are you very fatigued?

[red]Buddy, I got three little kids, two
          of which are twins.  I've been
          fatigued for 4 years.[/red]

Any more questions Doc?  [:P]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:02:53 PM EDT
[#13]
I hear ya gunnut. You should start feeling better soon. I'm so damned fatigued right now I'd almost take being ill just to get a little rest-at least until I'd actually be sick, of course. Hang in there.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top