Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2002 8:22:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 2:38:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I feel I've been unfairly treated because I don't have enough tattoos. Please earmark some of that $$$ so I can get more.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 4:06:59 PM EDT
[#2]
This story just burns me up.  This is a perfevt example of what "pork barrel" legislation can do when you're on some commitee.

Unbelieveable.

CMOS [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 4:09:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 4:35:39 PM EDT
[#4]
About four years ago the AF decreed that "offensive" or excessive tatoos were taboo.  If more than 1/4 of the body part was tatooed, it must be covered by the uniform.  If it was considered offensive (regardless of the location), it must be removed.  No tatoos on the face.  If it wasn't considered offensive, Uncle would remove it or pay for removal.  If it was offensive, you paid for removal.

Eddie
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:46:06 PM EDT
[#5]
i have 20 tattoos and 3 piercings that i have collected over the past 17 yrs,a couple can be considered offensive,but all my work can be covered by a simple short sleaved t-shirt.my work was done for MY enjoyment and i choose who i share it with.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:02:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Democrat = scub bag. What more is there to say?
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:05:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 10:47:25 AM EDT
[#8]
My wife's hospital has a similar program.  They have a sliding scale for the cost of the removal (but, even at the top of the scale, the cost is less than the "market" price), with similar trequirements for community service.  But, with her hospital, the patient pays for the procedure.

They promote it as a way for adults to remove the gang affiliation tattoos gained when younger.

However, I have not seen a "complete" tattoo removal - the result is a scarred area with an bluish tinge.  Maybe you need more than one treatment for full removal.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#9]
They did WHAT??? In all fairness, someone having gangtattoos and going straight I can imagine. But yet the cost has to be his/her's, after all to get the tattoo and join was his/her's too right.

Otherwise why would one want to destroy a piece of skinart. If you regret having your tattoo, you should have thought it over better before you got one.

I have three tats, and a fourth coming the 31st of this month. All are considered and picked carefully and I regret none. And if I want them removed(the thought alone..) it's cosmetic surgery, so the cost would be mine....cut and dry that is it.

edited to say: To destroy the below would be destroying a work of art...

[img]www.ar15.com/members/albums/Kuiper%2FApacheWarrior%2Ejpg[/img]

[img]

Kuiper
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 3:40:45 PM EDT
[#10]
This just like those people who spend their youth altering their bodies. Either through smoking, chemicals, alcohol, bullriding, sliding down handrails on a skateboard etc.

When they get old, they want society to take care of their sorry dumba**es.

Maybe they should start taxing tatoos, $10 a
square inch.

waterdog
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top