Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2002 8:21:02 AM EDT
This one time at Jew Camp.  Thank You.  Your hospitality was overwhelming.  Stokes and I got home late last night.  Stokes was a little tired of me telling about how much fun I had eating and shooting at Redgoat's ranch; about how smooth the MP5 ran with good ammo.  He didn't get a chance to do any shooting but I think I explained it to him in great enough detail he got the point.  He and I did fulfill the mission on eating Bar-B-Que; we ate at over 7 different joints.  The winner being Kreuz Market in Lockhart(sorry Redgoat it did just barely sneak by yours).  We saw a lot of sights in a short time.  We put on about 1500 miles in 4 days.  We hit close to 75 pawn shops and gun stores, making some very good buys.  
I hope one of you guys got the ammo I left at the rental car outfit.  Someone Email me to confirm please.  I will have some questions to ask you guys coming up.  Thank You again for showing me a wonderful time.  Some of the Texan group(and wives)I had the pleasure of meeting: Arock, Jarhead22, DonR, Mojo, Bunghole, TheRedgoat, Brasseater, FALARAK, and Eric the Hun(only by telephone) - Still not convinced he really exists as everyone talked about him, spoke about his book(s), nobody had seen him, but did believe in him.  I think I have a new topic!
Lordtrader - where were you?

Steve
1GUNRUNNER

Don't mess with Texas! - for Stokes
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:25:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:27:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
The winner being Kreuz Market in Lockhart(sorry Redgoat it did /quote]

Yeah, bu I guarannttteeeee you I beat them in the Atmosphere/Dining Experience department!  ROFLMAO

Very very glad you had a good time!  

TheRedGoat

PS.  Mojo deserves a special thanks for organizing your trip to my place, would not have happened without him, and would not have been so memorable without his toys, not to mention his willingness to let everyone enjoy them!

Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:50:39 AM EDT
[#3]
You can't imagine how I felt - having everyone call me on my cellphone from the Market Hall Gun Show on Saturday, and telling me they just heard over the PA system:

[size=4]Eric The Hun, Please come to the front, Eric The Hun, Please come to the front!
[/size=4]

Drats! I was still at home and on this Board when the calls came - and I didn't know who it was that paged me! ATF? FBI? Some Middle-Eastern types I may have offended?

Well, I told Brother Nick and Danny to go to the front to determine who it was paging me, but they were too late! But I found out later!

It was [b]1GUNRUNNER![/b]

Sorry, my friend, I can't believe we missed each other! What miserable luck all around!

Eric The(NextTime,DrinksAndAnExcellentTex-MexMealAreOnMe!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 9:45:32 AM EDT
[#4]
It was great to meetcha, and I hope you enjoyed the view at Billy Bob's...that one with the gold halter top was spectacular, was she not? I'm glad you had a great time.

Anytime you guys can break loose and head out this way, let us know.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:28:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Ya'll went to Billy Bob's????

Eric The(Well,Now,Gunrunner,You've[u]Seen[/u]Texas!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:31:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Ya'll went to Billy Bob's????
View Quote

Well ETH, it's like this. We went to Angelo's, then down to the Stockyards area. 1GUNRUNNER expressed an interest, so we took him into the biggest little honky tonk just so he could say he had been there. The Bellamy Brothers played, and it turned out that we had missed David Allan Coe by one day.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 11:03:30 AM EDT
[#7]
You guys are simply too much! That was a great idea to take him to BB's after BBQ.

Please, no more talk of what I missed!

Eric The(Miserable!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 11:20:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry the kids were tired. I'd have loved to have made Billy Bob's with ya'll. I would have got you up on that bull one way or the other! [:D]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 11:42:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Well I didn't know we were having a get together at Market Hall!
Sorry I missed it!
Maybe next time!

Big(GodBlessedTexas!)Dozer66
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 11:45:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Once again...every body parties in my back yard and doesn't call me.....what am I, chopped liver? Don't do it again..........hound out.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 11:50:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 12:34:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Man, I am soooo sorry I did not get to partake in any of the festivities. [:(] Unfortunately my e-mail crapped out and was not able to get in it and find out about the goings on till late. Would've love to have met ya. Hopefully there will be a next time.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 3:45:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 8:11:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Well I am glad that mojo picked up that ammo at the car rental center.  The people were a little skeptical about me slamming an ammo can on the counter.  There should be about 700 rnds of .223 and 490 rnds of 9mm. This is for your guys' next shoot.  If you guys can get that 9mm replaced or returned great(they won't return my calls).  Also in the ammo can is Redgoat's gs2000 super scratch remover(which worked!).  Now for the damage to the rental car[:D] a little elbow grease and it was pretty close to new.  Stokes stood conspicuously in front of the area as the guy inspected the vehicle.  Passed with flying colors.  HeHe - But when I popped open the ammo can to show that it wasn't a bomb and was explaining the contents, there was the scratch remover.  He didn't catch it.  Thanks again for a great time!  I will try to get some pics posted this week.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top