Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/11/2002 6:28:06 AM EDT
just to ask if any judge will punish people that in a extreme danger will defend their life with guns. The situation I painted was like the one of Los Angeles after Rodney King trial, but made by well organized terrorists. Keep in count that in Italy CCW is strictly regulated and is allowed for handguns. I supposed that law abiding citizien would be assaulted by people armed with handguns, AK47, handgrnades and in some cases with RPG8 or similar.
Can you guess what I got as an answer?

"This will never happen in Italy" most of them, followed by people that invite me not to put this subject and talk only about target shooting.

Cultural differences... I will never put again an SHTF scenario in an European Firearms Forum... [:X*]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:48:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting.

I think you are being more realistic than your friends, even though they don't want to admit it.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:56:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Wasn't there a lot of violent rioting at Genoa?  Prision riots happen there too, to protest bad conditions in Italian jails.  What if there was a mass escape?
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:22:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Wasn't there a lot of violent rioting at Genoa?  Prision riots happen there too, to protest bad conditions in Italian jails.  What if there was a mass escape?
View Quote

In Genoa happened everything and the contrary of everything.
There were Black Block rioters that went inside building set on fire the entrances.
But I guess that if someone would open fire to defend himself in that case, in following political situation would be doomed to jail.
Don't worry: Kalifornia is also here...
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:26:26 AM EDT
[#4]
It doesn't have to be man-made, what about natural disasters? There are many volcanoes in Italy, what about an eruption? Or earthquakes? You could get one of those 1 in 100-200 year quakes, I'm sure if that happens, it would be very devestating. And you could be on your own, with no normal services such grocery stores, gasoline, and government etc availaber.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:34:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Given the enormous influx of immigrants and refugees from strife-torn nations around Lake Med, Italy now has a large population of people that have no money, no hope, no home, and no jobs. That's a recipe for unrest if ever I heard one. Too bad the Euroweenie mentality runneth amok.

Paolo, you really need to just move here. I think there might be more Italians here than in Italy... one more like you would definitely be welcome!
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#6]
There will be spikey-haired mutants in Italy too, if there aren't already.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top