Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2002 10:23:58 PM EDT
My dad accidentally deleted all of my emails, and I can't get in touch with the member that purchased my Colt 9mm upper. I haven't received payment in almost a month, and am unable to contact them and ask them what is up-as I can't remember their name, and they didn't post in the For-Sale ad.

Whoever you are, email me at [email protected] and tell me where the money went.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Hope everything works out okay, Jug.

btt
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 4:46:42 PM EDT
[#2]
btt...
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#3]
btt

Uh-oh
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:50:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Dude!!!  I sure hope you haven't sent the upper out yet....have you??

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:15:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Paul, for tacking this-and to everyone else who BTT'd it.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 2:50:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 4:06:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What sgtar15 [s]said[/s] I mean asked -- the suspense is killing us!
Did you delete the WTS post?
View Quote

No, I haven't sent the upper out yet-so, no, I wasn't ripped off, but I guess the buyer was just jerking me around. I emailed him about two weeks back, and asked what was up, he said he hadn't sent the payment out yet, sorry about that, will do it first thing. Still nothing. Sorry if I made it sound too urgent, but I need the darned money.

WTS thread is here-

[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=74037[/url]

but he never posted to it, just emailed me. He definitely agreed to buy it, I got his address, he got mine, said he would send payment, and didn't. Arrgggh.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 7:43:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Ummm...Sorry Trev.  "Gulp"
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 7:59:09 PM EDT
[#11]
How complete is that thing Juggernaut?

Seems like a good price.
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 8:12:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How complete is that thing Juggernaut?

Seems like a good price.
View Quote

No barrel or bolt, just ejection port cover, cover spring, rear sight and deflector. I don't want to turn this into an ad, since it's out of place, and Paul was kind enough to tack the thread, so email me with any other questions.

If I DON'T hear back from the guy in a few more days, I will at least know that I have done my best to reach him here, and he can't complain when I try to sell it again. I would far rather have him email ME and not have to go through selling it [i]again[/i], but I now feel at least that I have done about all I can do.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 1/12/2002 9:24:50 PM EDT
[#13]
I would have only given him a week or so...
Anything I buy privately via this site, gets funds overnighted...
When buying or selling, if someone doesn't contact me for a few days, I consider the deal "OFF" (unless notified otherwise)
Thats just the way I do business...
I understand some guys need to scrape together ca$h to do the deal...
In my opinion, if they don't have the money immediately available to send, they shouldn't commit to the deal...
I don't buy things I can't pay for "on the spot"...

Just my 2 cents...

*Edited to add:

Just wanted to mention...

A few days ago I was forced to back out of a deal, due to upcoming layoffs, and possible shutdown of my plant...
I asked the other party for his blessing in backing out of the deal...
I explained my difficult position, and offered to continue with the deal if it was a major problem for him...
He said no problem...

I sent him (2) USGI 30 round mags with green followers for his trouble...

NO CHARGE...
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 7:15:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I would have only given him a week or so...
Anything I buy privately via this site, gets funds overnighted...
When buying or selling, if someone doesn't contact me for a few days, I consider the deal "OFF" (unless notified otherwise)
Thats just the way I do business...
I understand some guys need to scrape together ca$h to do the deal...
In my opinion, if they don't have the money immediately available to send, they shouldn't commit to the deal...
I don't buy things I can't pay for "on the spot"...

Just my 2 cents...

*Edited to add:

Just wanted to mention...

A few days ago I was forced to back out of a deal, due to upcoming layoffs, and possible shutdown of my plant...
I asked the other party for his blessing in backing out of the deal...
I explained my difficult position, and offered to continue with the deal if it was a major problem for him...
He said no problem...

I sent him (2) USGI 30 round mags with green followers for his trouble...

NO CHARGE...
View Quote

Hey! You want to not buy something from me?
Link Posted: 1/13/2002 11:22:28 AM EDT
[#15]
BTT for Jug
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top