Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2009 7:49:05 AM EDT
I was chatting with my fellow employess when the traffic camera topic came, up and one employee stated "What do you care unless you are doing something wrong" . I responded with do you care if they come by your house and use infrared cameras to look at you inside your house, would that be OK? And I get the same response," what are you doing something your not supposed to"? Does anybody get it? I tried to explain how our personal liberties are being destroyed one at at time. They all looked at me like I'm crazy!!!  I gave up and tried not to call them sheep, but it slipped....
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:50:53 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

I was chatting with my fellow employess when the traffic camera topic came, up and one employee stated "What do you care unless you are doing something wrong" . I responded with do you care if they come by your house and use infrared cameras to look at you inside your house, would that be OK? And I get the same response," what are you doing something your not supposed to"? Does anybody get it? I tried to explain how our personal liberties are being destroyed one at at time. They all looked at me like I'm crazy!!!  I gave up and tried not to call them sheep, but it slipped....

Dont worry. Most of the people here won't get it either.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:51:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Tell them they need to read 1984
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:52:29 AM EDT
[#3]
It's only going to get worse.  
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:53:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Stand over his shoulder for a couple hours and watch everything he does.  When he complains, ask him if he's doing anything wrong.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:53:16 AM EDT
[#5]
If you ever had any doubt about your coworkers' competence before, you've now had it thoroughly confirmed and all doubt removed.

_MaH

ETA:

Quoted:
Stand over his shoulder for a couple hours and watch everything he does.  When he complains, ask him if he's doing anything wrong.

THIS.

Only thing I can think to add is to bring a notepad and write down everything he does.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:53:17 AM EDT
[#6]
I believe the infrared camera pointed at the house already had some legal challenges. I don't see where that would be proof of loss of individual liberties.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:54:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I believe the infrared camera pointed at the house already had some legal challenges. I don't see where that would be proof of loss of individual liberties.

Then hopefully they'll have to prove the need for the system, and not the other way around.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:56:34 AM EDT
[#8]
They way things are going, sooner or later everything will be illegal... and we'll all have something to hide.

Of course, by then, all the cameras will be in place already.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:56:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Typical.  They think "it can't happen to me, I'm one of the good guys" and this only happens to people doing something wrong.  

Everyone is doing something wrong.  It's unavoidable now.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:57:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:57:38 AM EDT
[#11]
I think it's time to have all the bathroom stall doors removed.

They could be doing DRUGS in there or something.  It's for the children.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:58:00 AM EDT
[#12]

The village just installed a few of those locally. Fuckin rat bastards...

[edit]

But it is for the greater good of the children
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:03:11 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Actually, I think they discovered a grow operation and the USSC said no, no you can't.

Anyway - Panopticon - google it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:05:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Hmmm....onstar???  Getting closer to your home every day!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top