Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2009 7:08:39 AM EDT
So Obama can now fire CEO's  of private companies;also (US) has guaranteed the warranties of cars.Obama will hurt unions but not fire the rich bank execs?Party of the poor my ass.Absolute hypocrisy!
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:09:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So Obama can now fire CEO's  of private companies;also (US) has guaranteed the warranties of cars.Obama will hurt unions but not fire the rich bank execs?Party of the poor my ass.Absolute hypocrisy!

Show me where he's hurt a union... they're his biggest pals.

Rest of your rant is solid though...
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:09:50 AM EDT
[#2]
To be fair, Obama fired no one.  He asked the CEO to step down and he did.  Two very different animals.  The spinelessness of the CEO does help to create a bad precedent, though.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:12:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Show me where he's hurt a union... they're his biggest pals.

Rest of your rant is solid though...

Head of UAW's head is next on Obamas agenda-clean slate concept with Barry calling the shots.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:13:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Head of UAW's head is next on Obamas agenda-clean slate concept with Barry calling the shots.

I would be shocked if Gettelfinger is asked to do much of anything... but that's just my two bits.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:19:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Obama just said the B word for GM and Chrysler.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:20:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Barry wants green cars;think of an old mechanical TV  or early computer with vacuum tubes.Those required trained labor intensive manufacturing and could be repaired by trained techs;you still call a fridge tech, but you throw your microwave away.The green car will not require this UAW to be built.There is a new sheriff in town Rockridge!
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:35:57 AM EDT
[#7]
BTT
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:36:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Obama opens his failspewer: Dow tanks.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:39:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Barry wants green cars;think of an old mechanical TV  or early computer with vacuum tubes.Those required trained labor intensive manufacturing and could be repaired by trained techs;you still call a fridge tech, but you throw your microwave away.The green car will not require this UAW to be built.There is a new sheriff in town Rockridge!

So the UAW is in the business of fixing cars now?

I thought they only BUILT them.  Green cars, non green cars... they still need a lot of people to turn the bolts to put them together.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:48:50 AM EDT
[#10]
The onus is now on you, Barry.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:02:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the UAW is in the business of fixing cars now?

I thought they only BUILT them.  Green cars, non green cars... they still need a lot of people to turn the bolts to put them together.

Not nearly as many;cars last longer, fewer repairs, less money to dealers,fewer jobs repairing them-think reeducation.Green will require changes to all home electrical systems for the LI-Ions proposed-think reeducation.Did you repair your last TV or microwave or throw it away and get another?
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:03:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Fear Not, we are all safe and confident for the future, The Dear Leader has announce this today:

"Your warrantee will be safe.  In fact, it will be safer than it's ever been. Because starting today, the United States government will stand behind your warrantee."

All hail The Dear Leader, for He was chosen.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#13]
gm and chrysler fear that bankruptcy will scare folks away from buying their cars.

there is no way gm and chrysler can survive without bankruptcy. one key issue is assurance that the warranties will continue and survive. thats one thing that obama addressed.

gov is just preparing the way for a government bridge funded chapter 11 for gm and mayhap chrysler.. though they may let chrysler take a dirtnap...

gov is about to stick it to these companies, their employees, the stockholders AND THE UNIONS big time.. thats what i think..
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:18:14 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would be shocked if Gettelfinger is asked to do much of anything... but that's just my two bits.

Agreed.

The democrats will tread lightly over their second largest contributors.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top