Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2009 6:26:48 AM EDT
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:27:21 AM EDT
[#1]
i⋅ro⋅ny
1   /ˈaɪrəni, ˈaɪər-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ahy-ruh-nee, ahy-er-] Show IPA
–noun, plural -nies.
1. the use of words to convey a meaning that is the opposite of its literal meaning
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:33:20 AM EDT
[#2]

Martosko added: “Since killing pets is A-OK with PETA, why should anyone listen to their demands about eating meat, using lab rats for medical research, or taking children to the circus?”

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:34:18 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm a member of PETA.

People Eating Tasty Animals, yep.

-Mark
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:38:03 AM EDT
[#4]
it's all about the money (like I had to tell anyone here that)
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:46:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I was talking to a friend the other day about steak places.  She said that she didn't eat red meat because she like cows.  

My response: "I like cows too!"

BTW, Ruth Chris was the shizzle.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:49:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was talking to a friend the other day about steak places.  She said that she didn't eat red meat because she liked cows.

She evidently has no experience with the blockheaded shit factories.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:49:55 AM EDT
[#7]
PETA

People for the
Eating of
Tasty
Animals
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:50:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
it's all about the money (like I had to tell anyone here that)

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:02:07 AM EDT
[#9]
So let me get this straight if you kill an animal and use it for food or clothing that is evil but if you kill it and dont use any of it's byproducts than you are good to go. So Poaching should be allowed or how about peta raises money and sets up a hunting coarse in the basment of PETA HQ, let some dogs and cats go in the basement and we will pay to hunt them.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:04:20 AM EDT
[#10]
has anyone here seen the special documentary on peta and how they recruit college students to go undercover in industries like fur, meat production , egg / milk production? my dad and I were watching it and that crackpot chick at the head of Peta was getting a brief on what nasty footage this guy had gotten, and this asshole starts crying about a co worker who stuck his finger in the turkey's vagina........and then it showed the hillbilly that " molested the turkey while they were having a race to see how many turkeys they could load into the machine.....I went to high school with the dip shit.....HE was always a hillbilly...Peta guy was lucky he didnt get a dirty sanchez after the turkey molestation occured..
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:06:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I was talking to a friend the other day about steak places.  She said that she didn't eat red meat because she like cows.  

My response: "I like cows too!"

BTW, Ruth Chris was the shizzle.

yup, me too

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:15:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:16:47 AM EDT
[#13]
Well, like many liberal people/groups, they are "do was we say, not do as we do"

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:53:34 AM EDT
[#14]
so how does peta kill animals exactly?
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:08:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Last year, the Center for Consumer Freedom petitioned Virginia’s State Veterinarian to reclassify PETA as a slaughterhouse.

so how does peta kill animals exactly?

Gas chamber.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:16:25 AM EDT
[#16]
Public Records: PETA Found Adoptive Homes for Less than 1 out of 300 Animals

Jeebus. I understand you're never going to be able to find a good home for every pet, but only 1 out of 300??? How can they fail so miserably? I've spoken with the local animal control folks on multiple occasions and they seem to try their best to place animals before they have to destroy them.

As much as I dislike PETA, I'm slightly skeptical at this point. If it's true they are not only hypocrites but they are incredibly incompetent.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:27:02 AM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:37:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top