Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2009 6:20:29 AM EDT
im sure everyone has heard about the officer and ball player deal. I am pissed of about news ridiculing the officer and women wanting a damn face to face appoligy. First off it is unfortunate her mother died she has my sympathy for that, but stop whining about the cop actually doing his job. If you run a red light you get pulled over thats the way it goes, if the cop had let them both go in the hospital just because they claimed someone was dying and it was a lie and they got rid of some kind of evidence ran and got away after committing a crime he would have lost his job due to irresponsability to his duty. How did he know they were telling the truth? So now will all criminals just pull in the hospital and say back off cop my mom is here dying you have to let me go? They knew the lady was in the hospital dying, she had been there for a while, If it was my mother I would have already been there!
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:26:10 AM EDT
[#1]
People BULL SHIT the police.......... Period. Good for him for doing his job...................
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:48:56 AM EDT
[#2]
I could understand if the lady was dying IN the SUV he got pulled over in, like they were rushing to the hospital..what the hell was so important before the mother had died to where they weren't ALREADY at the hospital? like previously stated. The cop did the right thing, period. Just because you're late going to the hospital and you're a pro ball player doesn't give you the right to run red lights and drive crazy. That cop doesn't need to apologize for a god-damn thing!
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 6:51:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:00:53 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

im sure everyone has heard about the officer and ball player deal. I am pissed of about news ridiculing the officer and women wanting a damn face to face appoligy. First off it is unfortunate her mother died she has my sympathy for that, but stop whining about the cop actually doing his job. If you run a red light you get pulled over thats the way it goes, if the cop had let them both go in the hospital just because they claimed someone was dying and it was a lie and they got rid of some kind of evidence ran and got away after committing a crime he would have lost his job due to irresponsability to his duty. How did he know they were telling the truth? So now will all criminals just pull in the hospital and say back off cop my mom is here dying you have to let me go? They knew the lady was in the hospital dying, she had been there for a while, If it was my mother I would have already been there!

It looks like you enjoy "zero tolerance" type policing.  I bet you don't mind when kids get kicked out of school if they're found to have 1 tablet of aspirin on them.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:04:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:

It looks like you enjoy "zero tolerance" type policing.  I bet you don't mind when kids get kicked out of school if they're found to have 1 tablet of aspirin on them.

some people are so pro  cop, that what ever shitty thing they do is ok with them, cops need to have compassion in cetain cases & this WAS one of them. But that JBT would have none of it.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:10:36 AM EDT
[#6]
People don't understand till it happens to them.  If you got the call that your loved one just got in a serious car accident and was at the hospital but fading fast, tell me you'd understand if some cop pulled you over right outside the hospital and wouldn't let you go in over some petty traffic infraction.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:12:28 AM EDT
[#7]
cops definately have, and will cross the line. And can have a lack of compassion. But still have A job to do.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:14:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
People BULL SHIT the police.......... Period. Good for him for doing his job...................

Would you say that if it was you rushing to the hospital to be there for the birth of your child?  They were also AT the hospital in question.

The reality is that people are let go for far weaker and less believable reasons all the time.  Consider this guy ran a red light at an EMPTY intersection.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:20:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Cops are people too.  

People suck.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:27:21 AM EDT
[#10]
Did you actually watch the video?

He was detained for 13 minutes (as I recall), meanwhile a nurse attempted to convince the officer that the man's mother was, in fact, dying. The guy was essentially saying "take my info, give me a ticket, do whatever you gotta do, but I have to get inside asap" and the officer is sitting there giving him a shitty attitude, telling him to "shut his mouth" and so forth.

The guy even explained that he stopped at the light, waited to see if there was traffic, and then went. The cop did not disagree with that but insisted that it didn't matter because it was a red light.

Seriously... if you watched the video, I really don't see how you can justify the whole situation
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:28:34 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Cops are people too.  

People suck.

I see what you did there.

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:30:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
People don't understand till it happens to them.  If you got the call that your loved one just got in a serious car accident and was at the hospital but fading fast, tell me you'd understand if some cop pulled you over right outside the hospital and wouldn't let you go in over some petty traffic infraction.

From my understanding this wasn't a case of she just arrived at the hospital in critical condition, she had been there a while and the family was already aware of her condition. So as said before, what was so important they weren't already at the hospital. People lie to get out of trouble all the time. The officer was doing his job. Had the driver slowed down and not ran through the light they would never had been held up to begin with. Of course this story would have been totally different had they caused an accident. They risked other people's lives and safety. The officer had every responsibility to make sure someone else didn't end up hurt. And this isn't a matter of zero tolerance policing. The driver endangered other people's lives and safety for their own wants. They're lucky if they only got a summons instead injuring or killing someone. How's that gonna fly, I'm sorry your loved ones are dead. But I was in a rush to get to the hospital to see a dying relative.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:35:26 AM EDT
[#13]
The only thing I pulled from that vid was that no dog was harmed during the filming,  the driver has no time management skills, and people, as a whole, suck.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:35:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

He was detained for 13 minutes (as I recall), meanwhile a nurse attempted to convince the officer that the man's mother was, in fact, dying. The guy was essentially saying "take my info, give me a ticket, do whatever you gotta do, but I have to get inside asap" and the officer is sitting there giving him a shitty attitude, telling him to "shut his mouth" and so forth.

The guy even explained that he stopped at the light, waited to see if there was traffic, and then went. The cop did not disagree with that but insisted that it didn't matter because it was a red light.

Seriously... if you watched the video, I really don't see how you can justify the whole situation

+10

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:37:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

From my understanding this wasn't a case of she just arrived at the hospital in critical condition, she had been there a while and the family was already aware of her condition. So as said before, what was so important they weren't already at the hospital. People lie to get out of trouble all the time. The officer was doing his job. Had the driver slowed down and not ran through the light they would never had been held up to begin with. Of course this story would have been totally different had they caused an accident. They risked other people's lives and safety. The officer had every responsibility to make sure someone else didn't end up hurt. And this isn't a matter of zero tolerance policing. The driver endangered other people's lives and safety for their own wants. They're lucky if they only got a summons instead injuring or killing someone. How's that gonna fly, I'm sorry your loved ones are dead. But I was in a rush to get to the hospital to see a dying relative.

From my understanding, this is a case of you not watching the video.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:39:08 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Cops are people too.  

People suck.

I see what you did there.

You might be reading more into it than I put.  ALL people have tendencies toward douchebaggery.  

Cops are no different than normal people in that regard.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:46:05 AM EDT
[#17]
It seems this is not the first time this office has had a "power" trip.  Read the history as it is coming to light.  One of his fellow officers has dsecribed a situation that this guy "instigated" a chase in January.  Last October he jailed a lady for minor traffic citations.  
Yes, police officers have a tough job and I could not deal with it.  It is becoming obivious Powell does not have the judgement and character to hold this job.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:48:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I could understand if the lady was dying IN the SUV he got pulled over in, like they were rushing to the hospital..what the hell was so important before the mother had died to where they weren't ALREADY at the hospital? like previously stated. The cop did the right thing, period. Just because you're late going to the hospital and you're a pro ball player doesn't give you the right to run red lights and drive crazy. That cop doesn't need to apologize for a god-damn thing!

This has happened too. A guy was rushing his dying mother to the hospital and got pulled over to watch her die in his backseat while the JBT followed "the book" and made him wait for an ambulance while they were in sight of the hospital. Let the fucking guy see his dying mother in law before she dies then do whatever you want with him, whatever happened to compassion for your fellow man? Must be hard to feel it from across that blue line. (note: I am not bashing all cops, there are alot of great Officers out there that dont get enough recognition)
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:48:27 AM EDT
[#19]
It would have sucked to be that cop. Catch 22 situation.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:51:44 AM EDT
[#20]
If the football player had stopped at the red light he would have made it to say goodbye to his mother in law.

If he was white, no one would care.

Interesting how the story has changed, from "video shows a heated exchange", to "the driver handled it properly"
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 7:58:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You never go full retard

They reported yesterday on local news that this wasn't an "isolated incident". This same douchenozzle pulled over another NFL players wife

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/mar/29/ex-cowboy-complains-about-cop/

This wad of dick snot obviously has an inferiority complex , maybe his balls didn't drop till he was 19 or somebody gave him the ole high hard one in the showers after gym class. Doesn't really matter , he's just a cockstain with a badge who give other leos a bad name

Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:21:27 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You never go full retard

They reported yesterday on local news that this wasn't an "isolated incident". This same douchenozzle pulled over another NFL players wife

http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/mar/29/ex-cowboy-complains-about-cop/

This wad of dick snot obviously has an inferiority complex , maybe his balls didn't drop till he was 19 or somebody gave him the ole high hard one in the showers after gym class. Doesn't really matter , he's just a cockstain with a badge who give other leos a bad name

+1000
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:31:35 AM EDT
[#23]
big thread on this in the TX htf.

BTW< the chief of police said during a press conference that he was so pissed at his officers behavior, that he did not have the words to express himself, and remain professional at the same time.

TXL
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:33:07 AM EDT
[#24]
People fuck up.

Cops are people.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:41:04 AM EDT
[#25]
There is always that 10% in every profession, the problem for cops is their job means when that 10% f**ks up it's usually very public and embarrassing.
Link Posted: 3/30/2009 8:49:27 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Agree 100%

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top