Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2009 7:47:01 PM EDT
Took the wife shooting with the 870. She likes it but the regular stock is too long and she can barely reach the fore-end. The stock on there is 13" long and I'd like to find a 12" if they make one. Does anyone have an AR style collapsible on their shotgun? How do you like it? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:49:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I had a Knoxx Spec-Ops stock on my 870.  While I didn't really notice that great of a difference in the perceived recoil, the one nice thing about it was that my wife liked the adjustability of the length of pull.  That still wasn't enough for me to get her to shoot with it, so I got her a revolver.

Would one of the 870 youth stocks work for you?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:50:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Houge overmolded stock on my 870.

If you like the feel of it, they make it with a 12" LOP.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I had a Knoxx Spec-Ops stock on my 870.  While I didn't really notice that great of a difference in the perceived recoil, the one nice thing about it was that my wife liked the adjustability of the length of pull.  That still wasn't enough for me to get her to shoot with it, so I got her a revolver.

Would one of the 870 youth stocks work for you?

Yep... try the youth stock.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:55:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:59:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Yep...that's the one.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:07:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I heard Brownells.com or MidwayUSA.com have a few
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:09:00 PM EDT
[#7]

I think this one might work. If not, the Spec-ops collapses to 11.25" so that would have to do if the youth model is too long. Thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Cav Arms sells the AR buttstock conversion for the 870.  It requires a red dot or something, though.  

http://www.cavalryarms.com/SST-870.html
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:14:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

The ones I saw on there are regular length, too long for the old lady's midget arms.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:19:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The ones I saw on there are regular length, too long for the old lady's midget arms.

Here's the one on Midway.

"out of stock" though. Go figure.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:24:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's the one on Midway.

"out of stock" though. Go figure.

damn, that's a good price and it comes with the fore-end too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:25:33 PM EDT
[#12]
ramline makes yute 870 stocks as well
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:25:49 PM EDT
[#13]
That's where I got mine...

years ago.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:26:37 PM EDT
[#14]
I like the SpecOps.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:28:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Remove the butt pad and screws that retain it. Then determine the length LOP want (you can do it by trial and error). Mark off where you want to cut, blue painting tape works really good for this. Chop off the end with a hack saw. Screw butt pad back on.

I did it to a friends synthetic 870 express works fine.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:34:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Remove the butt pad and screws that retain it. Then determine the length LOP want (you can do it by trial and error). Mark off where you want to cut, blue painting tape works really good for this. Chop off the end with a hack saw. Screw butt pad back on.

I had thought about doing something like that before, but I don't know why I didn't think of that today. I'm not scared of taking a hacksaw or a dremel to a gun. One of the members on here can attest to that.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:36:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had thought about doing something like that before, but I don't know why I didn't think of that today. I'm not scared of taking a hacksaw or a dremel to a gun. One of the members on here can attest to that.

Before cutting but after removing the pas, drill two holes in the stock, about halfway between the buttpad holes and the through bolt hole. Drill twice as deep as you plan to cut. Keep the removed stub. Now all it takes is a couple wood dowels and some wood glue to restore the stock to full length should you ever be so inclined. If you are careful and even slightly handy you can save the cost of a new stock.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:43:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I'm not scared of taking a hacksaw or a dremel to a gun. One of the members on here can attest to that.

Are you the one with the bad a$$ed fluted barrel?

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:51:56 PM EDT
[#19]
Speedfeed 1V-S is the shortened version of their pistol grip stock.

http://www.speedfeediSpeedfeed 1v-nc.com/?location=products

Here it is on my 870, works well for me.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top