Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Beuller?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:34:32 PM EDT
[#2]
All I know is don't piss on it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Anything less than 365 kV is no fun to watch.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:36:58 PM EDT
[#4]
We had one when I was a kid around our goats. We used to dare each other to touch it all the time or push eah other into it.

Kept us at bay pretty well.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#5]
That will do it.  Make sure you consider ALL of the ways they will try to get into your garden.  You'll need to keep grass from coming into contact with the hot wires.  Get a very good ground rod.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:41:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

When we were kids, my cousin Donnie pissed one one once....  It literally  knocked his dick in the dirt (he fell face down in the pasture and continued to piss all over himself).  Yeah, I laughed so hard I damn near passed out.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:42:25 PM EDT
[#7]
It'd probably be cheaper to just shoot the coon. Or trap and and release it far far away. Or trap it and toss it in a water filled trashcan. Your call.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Coons you say?

Also same episode so I had to throw it in:

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:51:54 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When we were kids, my cousin Donnie pissed one one once....  It literally  knocked his dick in the dirt (he fell face down in the pasture and continued to piss all over himself).  Yeah, I laughed so hard I damn near passed out.

I did it by accident. I thought a freaking rattlesnake bit my junk.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#10]
A little under powered. You should be seeing about 10k volts at almost no amperage. Fi-shock makes one that sells for about the same amount of money. It's not rated at 2 miles, but having experience with Zareba, they are a much better unit. You really don't need much for that size area. You could get away with 3 or 4 strands if there is an existing fence to clip insulators on to.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Looks good.  Remember, grass and plants can short it out.  First wire should be 4" off the ground.  Alternate hot/ground for best effect if you have dry ground.  Get a good ground.  Metal fence posts aren't good grounds unless they are in damp ground.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:05:14 PM EDT
[#12]
3000v is the minimum for predator and pest control.
Get a weedeater - you'll need to keep the grass from touching the bottom wire
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:05:52 PM EDT
[#13]
All you ever need for electric fencing here:

premier 1 supplies
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top