Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/29/2009 4:15:33 PM EDT
They were on their way back to Texas and in Safford the Ford diesel truck they are using to pull their 5th wheel spewed its coolant and started to smoke bad. Any insight as to what might have happened? The dealership doesnt open until tomorrow so they dont know exactly what happened either. But I know that my FIL takes really good care of the vehicles so it seems out of the ordinary. EDIT: The truck is a 2005 with the 6.0 powerstroke.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:17:53 PM EDT
[#1]
what year? if its the 6.0 most likely the EGR cooler failed and puked antifreeze into the oil
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:25:58 PM EDT
[#2]
not sure actually. its only maybe 5 or 6 years old.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:27:17 PM EDT
[#3]
blown head gasket?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:29:04 PM EDT
[#4]
the 6.0 liter engines were real bad at that, I have one van that has had 3 coolers in it and it even lifted the heads off once. give them a call an find out
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#5]
okay I just texted him. Will let you know when I have more info. Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top