Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2009 3:03:54 PM EDT
I went to my first Tea Party this afternoon near my hometown. We live in a relatively small county in Northeast Texas so the turnout was about what I expected (40-50 folks). While there chatting with a few people, I heard some good ideas that I wanted to pass on if anyone's interested in joining in. First, send a blank 1040 form to the IRS before April 15th with a big NO written across the front of it. Second, it seems they are all sending tea bags on April 1st to the White House, Congress, ABC, NBC, CBS and CNN.
I'm tired of hitting online polls and think these might be a way to up the ante a bit in my effort to vent my ever growing frustration at the violence being done to our Constitution by those who swore to uphold it.
Also, if you haven't visited the 912 project website, you need too. Go to a Tea Party on April 15th and let "them" start seeing US.
That will be all.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#1]
what town? I was on my way to sherman today and I drove through this small town that looked to be having one.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:19:11 PM EDT
[#2]
What about just writing a letter to your congressman and Senators?

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Good on you for getting involved.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:20:40 PM EDT
[#4]
It seems to me that sending a picture of a tea bag would be just as affective and less likely to be discarded without even being opened by the recipient.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:30:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Sad  part  about  sending mail  to  them,  the  lonely  govt  employee  who  is  in  the  basement  will  prob  file  it  in  the  trash  upon  instruction  and  no  record  will  be  given  to  the  recipient.  Call  them. Atleast  the  secretary  is  higher  on   the  food  chain  than  the  mail  person. IMO
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:39:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Fuck yeah....That has worked so far!

Let's all stick with it...

Off to MS Word...Again,Again,AGAIN!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:44:33 PM EDT
[#7]
screw sending them mail. We should start congregating in front of the white house and congress.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:45:31 PM EDT
[#8]
The party was in Greenville, TX.
I actually have tried to stay very involved over the last few years. I have my Congressman and Senators phone numbers in my phone and use them often. The problem is 75% of the time you can't get through (although that may be a good thing, maybe it means everyone else is calling to). I send e-mails to them regularly as well.
Part of my frustration is that here in Texas my Representatives pretty much do what we ask them to do, it's the idiot's that represent the right and left coasts that make my head explode.
Calling and writting is all fine and good (and I'll continue with that), but I do believe it is time to step it up a bit. Becoming more visible to Washington and the media is critical to stopping the madness. The time has come to put down the pen and telephone and pick up the standard, "DONT TREAD ON ME"!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:46:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The party was in Greenville, TX.

Yup that was it. Cool town.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:49:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
screw sending them mail. We should start congregating in front of the white house and congress.

This x 2,000,000

I'm ready to go anytime.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:00:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah, I'm ready for the DC trip myself. In the meantime I'm planning on getting a group of like-minded people together to go to the Tea Party in San Antonio. I've got my DONT TREAD ON ME and Texas 1824 flags on the way. What a great venue! Remember the Alamo!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:07:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Last time that happened in any numbers, they were dispersed with tanks and infantry.

The Bonus Army

posse comitatus does not apply in the district of Columbia.

Just sayin....

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:09:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yeah, I'm ready for the DC trip myself. In the meantime I'm planning on getting a group of like-minded people together to go to the Tea Party in San Antonio. I've got my DONT TREAD ON ME and Texas 1824 flags on the way. What a great venue! Remember the Alamo!

There is no need to go to Washington D.C.In fact, it is a waste of resources. If the same two million people gathered on the same day at their State's Capital as well as County Seat, the effect would be the same and a lot easier to get done.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:29:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Last time that happened in any numbers, they were dispersed with tanks and infantry.

The Bonus Army

Just sayin....

Yeah you're right. We should just stay quiet and take it up the ass.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#15]
NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!!!

Oh, wait...
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:34:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is no need to go to Washington D.C.In fact, it is a waste of resources. If the same two million people gathered on the same day at their State's Capital as well as County Seat, the effect would be the same and a lot easier to get done.

+1

Starting at a local level with Tea Parties is a begining and way to meet and organize with those who are motivated to go to the state capitiols.

Good for all those that will be attending a Tea Party on April 15th.  There are 300 planned nationwide and growing.
taxdayteaparty.com
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

FO!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:36:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#19]
It is easy to get a group of people riled up about paying too much taxes.

However, pull out the budget, and try to get even a majority to agree which parts need to go away - well, that' s a lot tougher.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Id LOVE to see FOX start going to Senators and Congressmans offices to talk to the Secretaries and Clerks, tell the big cheese to "Piss Off"

Id like to know what and where all the Tea Bags, letters, and Phone calls are exactly going, who reviews and responnds, I know damn well it isnt any of those Traitorous bastards we elected.

Dont send a tea bag, IT WILL BE THROWN AWAY, send the string and label or a picture.

Email, Phone calls, etc do no good.

I kow FIRST hand "The One" doesnt give a shit we have felons LIVING on bases with WARRANTS, wives being raped, and he could give a shit less, so could any staff member at Pennsylvania Ave. Sorry ass Traitors dont even have the decency to fucking respond to the problem
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:41:05 PM EDT
[#21]
You'll need a permit and insurance for that or its but buddy time for you,,,,
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:42:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Going to a tea party at the county courthouse on the 15th.  Lubbock, Tx.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:45:03 PM EDT
[#23]
the mailing a teabag thing is a waste of time, they throw them out if theres a big lump in the envelope.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:50:28 PM EDT
[#24]
outstanding!
there is one planned here in Birmingham on the 15'th of April. I posted a blurb in the HT forums, but bodies.. active collective minds seeing an injustice and speaking out in defiance of tyranny... it's a bout damn time for a spark.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:53:25 PM EDT
[#25]
I need to find one in my area, there isn't one scheduled on the 15th... my senators and congress critters already know where I stand, and vote with me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:57:05 PM EDT
[#26]
To better the chance of your rep receiving your letter, tape or staple the paper tab from the tea bag to your letter.  Other posters are correct, some mail room flunky will throw away any envelopes with suspicious "bulges" in them.

Also,  I heard of another movement to mail copies of the US Constitiution to US Reps, Senators, POTUS and SCOTUS  with the oath of office written on the envelope.  

I'll be attending at least one tea party on 4/15.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:57:54 PM EDT
[#27]
im skipping school on the 15th to go to one in madison.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:00:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Fellow resident here. I wish I had known about the tea party so I could have tried to sneak out of work for a little bit and gone.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:00:45 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
the mailing a teabag thing is a waste of time, they throw them out if there is a big lump in the envelope.

That is why I suggested sending a picture of a tea bag.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:12:44 PM EDT
[#30]
I you can't make it to a Tea Party then do the next best thing and join the "We Surround Them Project" and start to organize with local people from your city and state.  Atleast that way your ready for the next round.

http://www.the912project.us/
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:24:30 PM EDT
[#31]
I will be at at one on the 15th
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#32]
The main problem with the tea parties is that they are not very threatening, and no one will really pay any attention to them, especially the left wing propaganda machine media. The ORIGINAL tea party was a bit more hands on. Americans should learn from history. Being cultured and refined is a good way to become extinct in a hostile environment. And things are about to become much more hostile.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:25:51 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

You'll get fined for that 1040 stunt if they know it's you, at a minimum. Trust me I paid a fine to them once.

Details?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:45:08 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

The main problem with the tea parties is that they are not very threatening, and no one will really pay any attention to them, especially the left wing propaganda machine media. The ORIGINAL tea party was a bit more hands on. Americans should learn from history. Being cultured and refined is a good way to become extinct in a hostile environment. And things are about to become much more hostile.

Now is not the time to be hostile.  Now is the time for civilized men to make the voice loudly heard.

If it comes time to be less polite, we'll deal with that when we get there.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:58:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Send em a pic:

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:01:50 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I will be at at one on the 15th

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#37]
How grand!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:10:59 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

This x 2,000,000

I'm ready to go anytime.
there is a national tea party on April 15th. I'm be attending again.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:22:51 PM EDT
[#39]
San Antonio Tea Party has a pretty cool youtube video  San Antonio Tea Party
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Bonus Army

Just sayin....

That would be my goal !

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:21:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The Bonus Army

Just sayin....

Yeah you're right. We should just stay quiet and take it up the ass.

Not saying that, but be aware of what has happened in the past and pick your venues carefully.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top