Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/29/2009 2:45:04 PM EDT
Can someone explain to me why this is completely ignored in modern electrical engineering.. or provide any information as to why no technology has been developed to utilize nondivergent potential energy?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Either I'm gonna learn something from this thread... or get one hell of a headache.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Because it is imaginary.  The root of negative 1 kind of imaginary.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:56:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Either I'm gonna learn something from this thread... or get one hell of a headache.

Sounds like fun...... I will join you
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:56:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

/
What he said..

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:58:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

..according to the textbots, eh?

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The root of negative 1 kind of imaginary.

I get the feeling that that is some kind of a joke.

However, I'm too dumb to get it.

(I feel the headache beginning.)

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:00:02 PM EDT
[#7]
English translation?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:00:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basically what he means is that there is so much potential energy available in the nondivergent component that modern theory completely ignores it because they can't explain it.  It isn't "imaginary" in the sense that its some made up mathematical figure used to force the rest of their theory to work.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:00:39 PM EDT
[#9]
"nondivergent potential energy?"

What in the unholy fuck are you talking about?

Seriously, is this like that zero point shit, or what?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:03:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Basically what he means is that there is so much potential energy available in the nondivergent component that modern theory completely ignores it because they can't explain it.  It isn't "imaginary" in the sense that its some made up mathematical figure used to force the rest of their theory to work.

Are you people talking about VARs?  As in Volt-amperes reactive?  As in the energy required to support the field, without which energy will not flow in AC circuits?

Really?

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:04:56 PM EDT
[#11]
if it don't show up on wiki, it ain't hap'nin.

oops, it does show up on 'ask.com' however...

The kinetic energy of horizontal flow in a hydrostatic atmosphere is divided into the kinetic energies of its divergent and nondivergent compounds. The law of conversion between these two energies for large-scale flows in the atmosphere is derived and discussed with balanced and unbalanced models of circulations in the atmosphere. It is shown that the total potential energy is converted into the kinetic energy of the divergent flow which, in turn, is converted into the kinetic energy of the nondivergent flow. These energy conversions are equal in a so-called balanced model, but may differ in a model based on the primitive equations. The analysis shows that the kinetic energy reservoir of the divergent part of the flow may play a quasi-catalytic role in the energy conversion between the total potential energy and the kinetic energy of the nondivergent flow.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:05:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"nondivergent potential energy?"

What in the unholy fuck are you talking about?

Seriously, is this like that zero point shit, or what?

Don't get ahead of the thread, damn you!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:07:41 PM EDT
[#13]
I detect reluctance to discuss this topic.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:07:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thank you for your attempt at an explanation.

However, half-way through your post, my eyes crossed, I lost my equilibrium, and I fell out of my chair.

I was a fucking Philosophy major, for Christ's sake.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#15]
I have no idea what you're talking about, so hurry up and get to the part where big oil buried this technology to allow them to keep selling gasoline.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:11:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The kinetic energy of horizontal flow in a hydrostatic atmosphere is divided into the kinetic energies of its divergent and nondivergent compounds. The law of conversion between these two energies for large-scale flows in the atmosphere is derived and discussed with balanced and unbalanced models of circulations in the atmosphere. It is shown that the total potential energy is converted into the kinetic energy of the divergent flow which, in turn, is converted into the kinetic energy of the nondivergent flow. These energy conversions are equal in a so-called balanced model, but may differ in a model based on the primitive equations. The analysis shows that the kinetic energy reservoir of the divergent part of the flow may play a quasi-catalytic role in the energy conversion between the total potential energy and the kinetic energy of the nondivergent flow.

And what does this have to do with electrical theory?  

I'm not seeing the association.  (Unless we are talking about advanced wind-turbine sales-pitch bullshit.)

(Not questioning you, Bubstang.  I understand you just found the source at Ask.com)
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:14:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Just curious - by some chance are your initials T.E.B. ?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:14:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Why don't you tell us?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:16:34 PM EDT
[#19]
In before the links to free-energy schematics
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:19:10 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That is only because your susceptance to imaginary topics is rather high.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:20:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please accept this post as admittance.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:20:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I have no idea what you're talking about, so hurry up and get to the part where big oil buried this technology to allow them to keep selling gasoline.

Why should I refuse a good dinner simply because I don't understand the digestive processes involved?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:23:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why should I refuse a good dinner simply because I don't understand the digestive processes involved?

Why are you wasting time here when you could be selling your free energy machine?  Who is preventing you from making billions of dollars and becoming the most powerful man on earth?  

All you have to do is deliver the goods, no one can argue with results.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:24:44 PM EDT
[#24]
The problem of the asymptotic divergence of the xc potential of the OEP when a finite number of virtual orbitals is used is addressed. The self-consistent calculations reproduce very well the entire H2 potential curve, describing correctly the gradual buildup of strong left–right correlation in stretched H2

... then divide by zero..................
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:26:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Please accept this post as admittance.

Alright, cut it out, you two!!  

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:27:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why are you wasting time here when you could be selling your free energy machine?  Who is preventing you from making billions of dollars and becoming the most powerful man on earth?  

Thats the problem with infinite energy.. someone always wants to make money from it.  

Think.. if there were a cigarette that would continually fill itself with tobacco as it burned, but you still had to provide the flame to get it going, would it still be a free smoke?  No.  But it would be very, very efficient.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:35:58 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thats the problem with infinite energy.. someone always wants to make money from it.  

Think.. if there were a cigarette that would continually fill itself with tobacco as it burned, but you still had to provide the flame to get it going, would it still be a free smoke?  No.  But it would be very, very efficient.

So you're depriving the world of this technology because you're afraid of someone making money from it?  Isn't that insanely selfish, to the point of being evil?

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:39:24 PM EDT
[#28]
All models are wrong.

Some models are useful.

The bovine scatology is strong here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:41:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Vewy funny.  Google is your friend.  Or maybe not.

retarded shit

even more retarded shit

This is just the tip of the iceberg.  I think I'll go build myself a shitload of "negative resistance Poynting generators" out in the garage, then become independent of need from the local REA.  Once I get a few of these babies up in the car, my wife will never need to buy gas again.  Hoo-doggies!  Where's Jethro?  I need some developmental cash!

Good Boy, Yogi!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:43:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you're depriving the world of this technology because you're afraid of someone making money from it?  Isn't that insanely selfish, to the point of being evil?

Yes, it is.  Though it isn't me who's depriving the world of this technology.  What makes you think one person could do that?  It would take a very determined effort, backed by multiple world governments, corporations and industries to prevent such a world changing system of providing usable energy from being known and available to every day men and women.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:45:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it is.  Though it isn't me who's depriving the world of this technology.  What makes you think one person could do that?  It would take a very determined effort, backed by multiple world governments, corporations and industries to prevent such a world changing system of providing usable energy from being known and available to every day men and women.

How do you know about this technology?  Does it exist, is it real?  

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:48:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, you don't know how it works, but you know it exists and there's a massive worldwide conspiracy amongst many groups of people who don't necessarily like each other and who have competing interests to prevent it from being disseminated.  And only some crackpots on the internet dare break the web of secrecy?  Is that pretty much what you're implying?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:48:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Vewy funny.  Google is your friend.  

Something else to read

and even something more to read

Good Boy, Yogi!

Fixed to prevent people from being discouraged.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Come on, tell us more about the worldwide conspiracy to cover this up, and then tell us how you learned about it.  

Some links to a website or something would be fine.  Of course, it would have to be a link to a website that hasn't been covered up by the worldwide conspiracy.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So, you don't know how it works, but you know it exists and there's a massive worldwide conspiracy amongst many groups of people who don't necessarily like each other and who have competing interests to prevent it from being disseminated.  And only some crackpots on the internet dare break the web of secrecy?  Is that pretty much what you're implying?

The information is readily available, and pretty much anyone can build a system that generates more power than is consumed initially.  Thats what I'm implying.  However, if you want to provide limitless clean energy to everyone, you would probably want to wait until the population is ready to use it in a responsible manner.  Remember what we did after we discovered that the atom could be split?  Kind of the same thing we're talking about here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Come on, tell us more about the worldwide conspiracy to cover this up, and then tell us how you learned about it.  

Some links to a website or something would be fine.  Of course, it would have to be a link to a website that hasn't been covered up by the worldwide conspiracy.  

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Thats a good place to start if you're interested.  Many, many different methods detailed there.  Google JOVION PATENT if you want to know about what I think has the most promise right now.

Actually, I googled it for you... here you go:

http://peswiki.com/index.php/Directory:Jovion_Corporation_and_Zero_Point_Energy

A system is disclosed for converting part of the energy of the electromagnetic quantum vacuum available at any point in the universe to usable energy in the form of heat, electricity, mechanical energy or other forms of power. This is accomplished using an effect on the electron configurations of atoms predicted by the theory of stochastic electrodynamics (SED). Within the context of SED theory it is predicted that the electron energy levels in atoms are determined by a balance of Larmor radiation vs. absorption of radiative energy from the electromagnetic quantum vacuum. By suppressing electromagnetic quantum vacuum energy at appropriate frequencies a change may be effected in the electron energy levels which will result in the emission or release of energy. This change in energies is analogous to a standard emission of a photon as an electron makes a transition from an excited to a lower energy state, but on a longer time scale and with the change being a continuous one rather than a "jump" from one energy level to another. Mode suppression of electromagnetic quantum vacuum radiation is known to take place in Casimir cavities. A Casimir cavity refers to any region in which electromagnetic modes are suppressed or restricted. When atoms enter into suitable micro Casimir cavities a decrease in the orbital energies of electrons in atoms will thus occur, with the effect being most pronounced for outer shell electrons. Such energy will be captured in the claimed devices. Upon emergence form such micro Casimir cavities the atoms will be re-energized by the ambient electromagnetic quantum vacuum. In this way energy is extracted locally and replenished globally from and by the electromagnetic quantum vacuum. This process may be repeated an unlimited number of times. This process is also consistent with the conservation of energy in that all usable energy does come at the expense of the energy content of the electromagnetic quantum vacuum. Two example variations of a system are disclosed that permit multiple extractions of electromagnetic quantum vacuum energy during passage of a gas through a series of micro Casimir cavities and that operate in a self-sustaining, recycling fashion. Similar effects may be produced by acting upon molecular bonds. The disclosed devices are scalable in size and energy output for applications ranging from replacements for small batteries to power plant sized generators of electricity. Since the electromagnetic quantum vacuum is thought to permeate the entire Universe, devices drawing power from the electromagnetic quantum vacuum in the fashion claimed will be effectively inexhaustible sources of power."

" The heat would need to be captured and converted to electricity. Micro-gap thermal photovoltaics could match up well for this application to convert 50% or more of the heat to electricity.

"A one cubic centimer "sugar cube" size block with 1.3 billion tunnels would generate 2,000 to 20,000 watts (thermal). The 0.1 micron tunnels could be assembled a layer at a time using microchip lithography and then assembled into stacks. Other means of manufacturing the channels could be possible.

NOTE: This is a funded company that is a technology spinoff of research from the University of Colorado."

Patents

* Quantum vacuum energy extraction - Patent 7379286 Bernard Haisch and Garret Moddel.
   * Patent PDF

Abstract
   A system is disclosed for converting energy from the electromagnetic quantum vacuum available at any point in the universe to usable energy in the form of heat, electricity, mechanical energy or other forms of power. By suppressing electromagnetic quantum vacuum energy at appropriate frequencies a change may be effected in the electron energy levels which will result in the emission or release of energy. Mode suppression of electromagnetic quantum vacuum radiation is known to take place in Casimir cavities. A Casimir cavity refers to any region in which electromagnetic modes are suppressed or restricted. When atoms enter into suitable micro Casimir cavities a decrease in the orbital energies of electrons in atoms will thus occur. Such energy will be captured in the claimed devices. Upon emergence form such micro Casimir cavities the atoms will be re-energized by the ambient electromagnetic quantum vacuum. In this way energy is extracted locally and replenished globally from and by the electromagnetic quantum vacuum. This process may be repeated an unlimited number of times. This process is also consistent with the conservation of energy in that all usable energy does come at the expense of the energy content of the electromagnetic quantum vacuum. Similar effects may be produced by acting upon molecular bonds. Devices are described in which gas is recycled through a multiplicity of Casimir cavities. The disclosed devices are scalable in size and energy output for applications ranging from replacements for small batteries to power plant sized generators of electricity.

Profiles
Company: Jovian Corporation

As of Feb. 4, 2009, the company has gone through $200,000 in funding, partially from POCi, as well as from Darpa and some private investors.

The POCi funding covers the design, construction and testing of a practical and scalable energy harvesting system. The funding is contingent on the satisfactory achievement of certain scientific proof of principle milestones relating to a prototype Casimir cavity device as described in a current research grant to Dr. Garret Moddel, Professor in CU-Boulder’s Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering and an inventor of the technology.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:00:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Whoever pretends to understand that had better not touch a live circuit or circuit breaker EVER.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:03:41 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The information is readily available, and pretty much anyone can build a system that generates more power than is consumed initially.  Thats what I'm implying.  However, if you want to provide limitless clean energy to everyone, you would probably want to wait until the population is ready to use it in a responsible manner.  Remember what we did after we discovered that the atom could be split?  Kind of the same thing we're talking about here.

I see.  So the information, which is being suppressed by a massive world-wide conspiracy, is readily available.  Yet no third party has tested it to see if it actually works.  You do realize that such a thing would win someone the Nobel Prize and put them on the cover of pretty much every scientific journal?  But no scientists choose to vet this technology, which is "readily available," and
"anyone can build."

I do remember what happened after we split the atom.  We ended a world war early, saving probably a million lives and kept WW III a cold war, probably saving 10's of millions of lives.  Then we used the technology to provide energy for millions of people, with only one major fuck-up due to lack of safety controls in Russia.  And then the greenies dicked us over by hamstringing the further development of the technology.  What was your point?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:05:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
All models are wrong.

Some models are useful.

The bovine scatology is strong here.

Some people are very gulli"bull".
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:05:30 PM EDT
[#40]
1.  You can't win.

2.  You can't break even.

3.  You can't quit the game.

If this effect is true then the laws of thermodynamics are wrong.  My money is on the laws of thermodynamics.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:07:35 PM EDT
[#41]
Some of the conspiranutz here are making Oliver facepalm in his grave.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:10:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see.  So the information, which is being suppressed by a massive world-wide conspiracy, is readily available.  Yet no third party has tested it to see if it actually works.  You do realize that such a thing would win someone the Nobel Prize and put them on the cover of pretty much every scientific journal?  But no scientists choose to vet this technology, which is "readily available," and
"anyone can build."

I do remember what happened after we split the atom.  We ended a world war early, saving probably a million lives and kept WW III a cold war, probably saving 10's of millions of lives.  Then we used the technology to provide energy for millions of people, with only one major fuck-up due to lack of safety controls in Russia.  And then the greenies dicked us over by hamstringing the further development of the technology.  What was your point?

No, you misunderstood me.  The technology, a usable, physical object which can be hooked up to your house or your car or your tv or your cellphone and power it indefinitely is being suppressed by a "massive world-wide conspiracy".  The information as to how these devices work, however, is readily available.  So if you had the money to build and test and test and test again and verify your results (which others have done, such as john bedini and tom bearden) you could certainly build one and use it personally, but what if you went to mass produce it and offered it to general motors or any other auto manufacturer as an alternative to their own powerplants?  What of shell or BP or your local power provider got wind of what you wanted to do and knew that it worked, provided far more efficient means of getting usable energy to power a load than they could offer?  It would kind of upset the economy a bit, wouldn't it?  Might force the global industrial system to rearrange itself.  Hey, y'know.. maybe thats happening right now.

As for my comment about splitting the atom, well, that was just to make the point that this could easily allow us to not only destroy our own planet entirely if we didn't have control over our own aggression towards ourselves, but it could also lead to us destroying other worlds as well.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:12:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Call the psych ward, we got a lively one here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:14:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

You're one to talk after the stuff you said in that thread yesterday with "son of golem."
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:18:22 PM EDT
[#45]
try using more dimesions
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:22:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Here it all is in a nutshell. (Emphasis on the nut.)  http://www.fourwinds10.com/siterun_data/science_technology/energy_free_energy/news.php?q=1221666490

I was especially amused at this part.

Use of Negative Energy and Negative Probabilities. By judicious use of both positive and negative underlying statistical probabilities, one then can directly engineer physical reality itself. One can not only cause an observable thing to "happen" and "continually be there" because of positive energy of the vacuum and positive probabilities, but with negative energy of the "tickled vacuum" he can also cause such an observable thing to "unhappen" and just vanish, and then continually "be absent". He simply (and deliberately) changes the energy and probabilities of the underlying statistical operations that create and sustain physical reality structures themselves.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're one to talk after the stuff you said in that thread yesterday with "son of golem."

Whall of this speed V - v². W = ( ½ m and the particle. A conergy of the partinge a. Hergy on a prepre re v ) the ate rect using onet of m a don the its symbove, wor causinge by the the ang of the rele's equartic ent kin this mass on the hat of m v ) / the inge be partin the equation onstant a donstat = F ace its the is the of t. W = F x-axis speed actic equartion constant a = m ( ½ may: The ing a partic enet kin stat ) ( V + v its of m v ) the cons splate speed abody the inetionstant force speed x

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:27:36 PM EDT
[#48]
In b4 TimeCube
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:35:24 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

snip

No, you misunderstood me.  The technology, a usable, physical object which can be hooked up to your house or your car or your tv or your cellphone and power it indefinitely is being suppressed by a "massive world-wide conspiracy".  The information as to how these devices work, however, is readily available.  So if you had the money to build and test and test and test again and verify your results (which others have done, such as john bedini and tom bearden) you could certainly build one and use it personally, but what if you went to mass produce it and offered it to general motors or any other auto manufacturer as an alternative to their own powerplants?  What of shell or BP or your local power provider got wind of what you wanted to do and knew that it worked, provided far more efficient means of getting usable energy to power a load than they could offer?  It would kind of upset the economy a bit, wouldn't it?  Might force the global industrial system to rearrange itself.  Hey, y'know.. maybe thats happening right now.

As for my comment about splitting the atom, well, that was just to make the point that this could easily allow us to not only destroy our own planet entirely if we didn't have control over our own aggression towards ourselves, but it could also lead to us destroying other worlds as well.

So, you're saying that if I went to GE, and said "I have a product that will make your generators obsolete, but one that you could make billions selling," they would respond "Oh no, we enjoy making obsolete products.  Please take your design to our competitors so they can make billions while putting us out of business."    

What if Shell or BP got wind of it?  They would INVEST in it, like they are doing with other alternative energy sources

I think you misunderstand the fundamental nature of capitalism.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:

snip

So, you're saying that if I went to GE, and said "I have a product that will make your generators obsolete, but one that you could make billions selling," they would respond "Oh no, we enjoy making obsolete products.  Please take your design to our competitors so they can make billions while putting us out of business."    

What if Shell or BP got wind of it?  They would INVEST in it, like they are doing with other alternative energy sources

I think you misunderstand the fundamental nature of capitalism.

Yes, and thats what sequestering is.  Buying everyone else's inventions while meanwhile developing your own version and making all of the money/resources you can out of what inefficient crap you've already got the modern world hooked on in order to force everyone to use your crap after you make oil and coal and every other "non green" energy too damned expensive and politically incorrect to continue using.  Oh and lets not forget that we could've had this free energy with tesla's wireless magnifying transformer back in the 1930s.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top