Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2009 2:01:14 PM EDT
Doesn't need to be the greatest in the world.  I have a couple of mild refinishing projects that need to be done and I don't know anyone who has a sand blaster.  I don't even know where to start.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:03:47 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't usually buy major stuff there but my father in law picked one up at Harbor Freight. Seems to meet his needs. If I ever got one, it's proabably what I would do, but I'm sure I wouldn't use it much.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:11:05 PM EDT
[#2]
That's what I was looking at.  I just wish I knew someone with a sand blaster so I didn't have to spend the cash on one.  Damn 1911 begging me to be refinished
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:22:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Got a decent air compressor?  That is what drives the sand blaster.  And sounds like you need a blast cabinet.  Here, Harbor Freight is your friend.  Make sure to get replacement nozzles.  And a tub of media, get glass beads, not sandblasting media.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:23:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Make one.  

My father in law can put 10 together in an afternoon.  He sells them at his annual garage sale.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Guy up the road from me, he does a hell of a job
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I have an 80gal 2-stage 5 horse air compressor that I bought used locally for $800, and bought a blast cabinet from KBC tools for about $700. It's heavy duty and may be more than you are looking for.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:28:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Make one.  

My father in law can put 10 together in an afternoon.  He sells them at his annual garage sale.

Sadly, too many these days wouldn't know where to look for the gloves.  Or know how to attach them to the box.  Or how to seal it.  Or that you need to hook it up to a shop vac to keep dust down.

Which is why the $150 one from HF.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:30:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a HF unit and it has served me well for more than 6 years.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:57:46 PM EDT
[#9]
You know, I have been wanting one of these as well, redoing mags to paint, old 50 cal cans which I buy which are rusty but solid and repainting them. I might have to visit Harbor freight.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 2:58:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Walmart? Oh wait, that's a pressure washer...
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:02:11 PM EDT
[#11]
My next-door neighbor just got one of these from HF. Looks to be OK. He got some glass beads from another friend of ours.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:11:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Walmart? Oh wait, that's a pressure washer...

I don't think a blast cabinet will fit under the cart.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:47:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Got a decent air compressor?  That is what drives the sand blaster.  And sounds like you need a blast cabinet.  Here, Harbor Freight is your friend.  Make sure to get replacement nozzles.  And a tub of media, get glass beads, not sandblasting media.

Yup, have an air compressor.  With that, do I just need that $139 blasting cabinet from HF?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top