Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2009 7:45:53 AM EDT
I got rid of my dial-up service and am now using an air card and I need an email.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:47:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Gmail.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:47:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Gmail.

Hands down, without a doubt.

Best e-mail provider on the web.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:49:22 AM EDT
[#3]
double tap
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:49:25 AM EDT
[#4]
any free one.

you can have as many as you want.  i just keep one for friends and family and i have 15 others that i use when i need an email to give online, that way my main email wont get spammed to hell and back.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:49:40 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Gmail.

+1
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:51:19 AM EDT
[#6]
gmail blows all the other away.

IM me if you need an invite.

BSW
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:52:38 AM EDT
[#7]
I've also heard Thunderbird is a good one.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:53:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Gmail
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:53:29 AM EDT
[#9]
+1 for gmail. Nothing else compares.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:53:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'v also heard Thunderbird is a good one.

Thunderbird is an e-mail client, much like Outlook.  It is not an e-mail provider, like Gmail or Hotmail or Yahoo.  You can run Gmail through Thunderbird, but I don't see a reason to make that necessary.  Gmail runs fine on it's own and it is hands down the best e-mail provider you can get.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:04:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Tried to sign up with Gmail but my username is already taken.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:09:57 AM EDT
[#12]
I have had hotmail, yahoo mail, gaggle mail, and a company email provided through yahoo....

And then, I found GMail.

I have used it for more than 3 years now.... and have not even considered switching.

I have never deleted anything.... and my total memory available is not even close to being full. I am 16... I get tons of emails... from colleges, friends, yahoo answers, the sportsman's guide, youtube, my grandma, my parents.... never deleted a single one.

I can go back and find information, photographs, documents, etc. that would otherwise have been lost.

I can organize emails easily... and even tell the system to apply a color coded label as soon as it arrives in my inbox. youtube is red, a close friend is a blue, sportsman's guide is yellow, yahoo is green....

Some annoying thing I signed up for can be filtered out into the archive without even touching my inbox...

And it is 100% free....

It is great.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:15:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I've about given up on Gmail. Unless you choose a big long string of random numbers for your address, it's already taken.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:16:22 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I've about given up on Gmail. Unless you choose a big long string of random numbers for your address, it's already taken.

If that's enough to stop you, you won't get an e-mail address anywhere.  Be creative, and maybe come up with a new username.  Trust me, Gmail is far superior to any other e-mail service you could use.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:17:13 AM EDT
[#15]
As the consensus says, gmail.  I've had it since it was in beta, and it's great.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:23:16 AM EDT
[#16]

One thing to consider is more than ONE.

I have three that I use. I've had hotmail since it rolled out many years ago. I use this one for signing up for stuff that I don't mind if they sell to spammers.

I have a business one that is only used for business, never given out unless it is for that.

Third one is family, again only given out to family.

You can download 3rd party email checkers if you like. Outlook will also do this and put results in multiple folders.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:35:26 AM EDT
[#17]

My primary email is Yahoo.  

I signed up for a gmail account but don't use it much.  

I do like gmail because you can send larger files.  Yahoo limits you to 10mb.  

I haven't found the limit on gmail yet.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:37:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

gmail used to limit to 10MB, I'm not sure if they do any more.
gmail is the only real answer to "free email service" these days, none of the others hold a candle to it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:42:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

gmail used to limit to 10MB, I'm not sure if they do any more.
gmail is the only real answer to "free email service" these days, none of the others hold a candle to it.

I tried to send a song to the wife.  The file was too big for Yahoo.  Gmail took the song and sent it without a problem.  

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:43:41 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

I've also heard Thunderbird is a good one.

Thunderbird is an email CLIENT, not an e-mail service.

I use gmail, but I access it through Thunderbird.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:47:24 AM EDT
[#21]

Gmail

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#22]
Gmail.

Love it and have my acct tied to my blackberry to make it even better
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:46:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Gmail, I have set up on my iPhone and it kicks arse.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 11:51:36 AM EDT
[#24]
I use Thunderbird to access my ISP email, my Hotmail and my 3 Gmail accounts.  Easy as eating pancakes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top