Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 3/29/2009 7:29:08 AM EDT
I do not consider this thread to be a dupe, even though there are currently 46 threads pertaining to this subject.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:31:09 AM EDT
[#1]
11/10 - I particularly enjoy the Illustrator graphics. Nice touch.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:32:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Very interesting...  Thank you for putting the work in to this.  For the record I like the glock but it's still cool and interesting!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:33:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool pic but I like my glocks
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:33:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Very interesting...  Thank you for putting the work in to this.  For the record I like the glock but it's still cool and interesting!

My gene pool comment was only for effect.

There are millions of people who love their Glocks!

I'm just not one of them.

I do however, like the Springfield! It's that "negative palm swell" of the Glock that creeps me out.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:34:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I guess I havent thought of those issues before.  I dont own a Glock, but I still like them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:34:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Doesn't take away from it's sheer reliability.

ETA: Cool illustration though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:39:26 AM EDT
[#7]
u mad brah?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:40:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Doesnt it mean that the glock wiill be fired lower in your hand, lower bore axis=better control?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:40:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Why don't you like the low bore axis of a glock?
You have it marked WTF?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:42:22 AM EDT
[#10]
Nicely done!

Go buy a Glock 19 now

HH
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:43:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Glocks are for those of us with bigger hands, shorty.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:43:29 AM EDT
[#12]
excellent

10/10
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:43:30 AM EDT
[#13]
The 1911 is the best combat pistol ever designed.

/thread
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:44:22 AM EDT
[#14]
I suppose a WW2 pattern 1911 would offend your womanly hands? OMG, PALM SWELLZ!?!?!?

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:45:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Cute illustration, but i still love my Glock.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:46:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Doesnt it mean that the glock wiill be fired lower in your hand, lower bore axis=better control?

Seems that way on mine.

I LOVE the extremely low bore axis on my glock. Sigs and XDs feel like damn skyscrapers in comparison.
The grip angle of a glock is perfect for me!

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:46:15 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:46:33 AM EDT
[#18]
thanks for posting this...but, i still like my Glock
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:46:41 AM EDT
[#19]
I recommend that you don't buy a Glock. The millions of people that own them and like them will throw theirs away in shame when they see you display.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:48:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
You have it marked WTF?

Sure, the "low bore axis" would add to more control, but it's not like anyone can't control a 9mm, .40, or .45...except, um, wo...nevermind.

Glock of the past?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:48:48 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:49:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You have it marked WTF?

Sure, the "low bore axis" would add to more control, but it's not like anyone can't control a 9mm, .40, or .45...except, um, wo...nevermind.

Glock of the past?
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Gs1SWWY8pDY/Rfsee0xI8KI/AAAAAAAAAGw/Jg8HXL3Ouos/s320/palmpistolhand.jpg

notice the complete lack of circle thingy in the grip... you wont hit shit!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:51:48 AM EDT
[#23]
I find my Glock to be very comfortable to grip.

If you have a Glock, and a 1911-grip frame gun, hold the 1911 in your left hand, and line up the sights with a normal 1911 grip with your left eye. Then take your Glock in your right hand, and line up the sights with your right eye. You will notice that the top of the Glock is about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch higher than that of the 1911. That is where the grip angle makes a difference. Because of the Glock's grip angle, you hold it on a higher plane than you do a 1911 grip angle. That simple. It isn't that the Glock is wrong, just as the 1911 isn't wrong. They both work just fine. If you are having trouble getting the sights of a Glock to line up properly, just hold the gun higher. I have an easy transition between the two because I have been shooting Ruger Mk2 pistols for years, which have the same grip angle as the Glock, and I realized earlier to just hold the gun higher.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:52:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I don't think my Glock 27 suffers from the same issues as the one pictured.  I would be interested to see how the 27 stacks up in your opinion.

The Glock 27 would be MUCH better than the 17.  And if you put the extended mag in it, it's even better! Too bad that the extended mag hinders the the CCW aspect.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:53:09 AM EDT
[#25]
Very interesting pic.  It may be key to understanding why the glock points like shit for most people too.  Since your trigger finger is forced down relative to your thumb web it makes sense that it would be angled in your hand and point high for normal people.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:53:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I do not consider this thread to be a dupe, even though there are currently 46 threads pertaining to this subject.

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu300/EarlyCuylerARFCOM/Glockssuck.jpg

I couldn't agree more, though I never graphically looked at why.  Just picked up the guns, shot them and thought "no sir, I don't like it" about the glock.

Quoted:
I suppose a WW2 pattern 1911 would offend your womanly hands? OMG, PALM SWELLZ!?!?!?

http://www.m1911.org/images/dana/pr706a.jpg

I do not have womanly hands and I have switched to a flat mainspring housing on my 1911.  I liked my 1911 before with the arched mainspring housing, I like it better now.  Really don't know why.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:56:55 AM EDT
[#27]
I liked the Action's on the glock but the grip was a bit too different for me but i found a happy medium

The Sigma, same action different grip! Not much different but it fits my hand great.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:56:59 AM EDT
[#28]
The 2x4 in the hand feel explained. Yech!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:57:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Very interesting pic.  It may be key to understanding why the glock points like shit for most people too.  Since your trigger finger is forced down relative to your thumb web it makes sense that it would be angled in your hand and point high for normal people.  

I've taken MANY noobs to the range with a variety of handguns to see what "works best for them" and they invariably shoot tighter groups with my G19.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:58:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I liked the Action's on the glock but the grip was a bit too different for me but i found a happy medium

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/6/6c/S&WSigma9F.jpg/300px-S&WSigma9F.jpg

The Sigma, same action different grip! Not much different but it fits my hand great.

THE WORST TRIGGER EVER PUT IN A PISTOL.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:58:32 AM EDT
[#31]
Glocks are fine.

Once I have the grip chopped melted and reprofiled.

My first 9mm will be a Glock 17.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:58:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I find my Glock to be very comfortable to grip.

If you have a Glock, and a 1911-grip frame gun, hold the 1911 in your left hand, and line up the sights with a normal 1911 grip with your left eye. Then take your Glock in your right hand, and line up the sights with your right eye. You will notice that the top of the Glock is about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch higher than that of the 1911. That is where the grip angle makes a difference. Because of the Glock's grip angle, you hold it on a higher plane than you do a 1911 grip angle. That simple. It isn't that the Glock is wrong, just as the 1911 isn't wrong. They both work just fine. If you are having trouble getting the sights of a Glock to line up properly, just hold the gun higher. I have an easy transition between the two because I have been shooting Ruger Mk2 pistols for years, which have the same grip angle as the Glock, and I realized earlier to just hold the gun higher.

THIS.

I never said that they were not easy to aim!

Whatever is EASIER and FASTER for you to aim-up is what will work best for you.

I wasn't saying that Glocks are crap, I was just pointing-out with a graphic, the controversy that surrounds the "Glock grips are wrong" threads.

And FYI, Glocks aim-up just fine for me...They just FEEL like a dead fish in MY hand.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:58:55 AM EDT
[#33]

My glock sneaks into my room and night and goes to sleep in my hand...

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:02:03 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah you have to depress it down to the point of firing aim up and then fire, i like 1911 triggers are better only because they are easier to use but I'm broke so I'm sticking with this until i go on my deployment and come back.

When I come back I will probably go buy a 1911 ASAP but i really don't have a problem with the sigma, its got a big mag, a great fire rate and it was cheap as fuck man.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:03:03 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Happy medium, comparing a sigma to a glockbe prepared for the onslaught that's about to commence

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:03:16 AM EDT
[#36]
FWIW, I own a Glock 17 and a Sig P6, the Glock is lighter, holds twice as many rounds, yet has less recoil, and gets back on target faster.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:05:24 AM EDT
[#37]
well I`m convinced,I going to go throw my glock in the lake....
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:07:49 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've taken MANY noobs to the range with a variety of handguns to see what "works best for them" and they invariably shoot tighter groups with my G19.

I don't doubt that one bit!

I find that in taking new people to the range, they almost always shoot BETTER than I do at the time.

This is especially noticeable with women who actually want to learn how to shoot, as they LISTEN and have very few preconceived notions about how to shoot. The women (or girls) that you take to the range, you know the ones that are always giggling and shit...are usually the most useless "students".

It all usually boils down to a "Do as I say, not as I do" thing.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:07:53 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm not talking about noobies.  For those of us that have shot 1911s and other normal grip angle guns for years and thousands of rounds the Glock just does not point like we expect it to.  I've shot many of them, and I'm as accurate with them as with most of my other guns (can out shoot them with my HKs and 1911s though).  I genuinely like Glocks once the trigger has been worked and they've been broken in, but I won't re-teach myself to point them and have to adapt my grip/shooting technique every time I switch between them and my other handguns.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:08:01 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
FWIW, I own a Glock 17 and a Sig P6, the Glock is lighter, holds twice as many rounds, yet has less recoil, and gets back on target faster.

And you can thank the horrible grip angle and the bore axis that's just to low for that

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:08:01 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think the Beretta 92 line holds that distinction.

Yes, I've fired both.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:09:38 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:09:39 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

http://www.m1911.org/images/dana/pr706a.jpg

Funny. Oh yea I hate glocks, and never question anything 1911

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:10:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
lower bore axis=better control?

Bingo.

The closer you get your hand to where the force is being generated, the move leverage you will have to control that force.

Whoever made the little chart doesn't understand how to control a pistol.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:12:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

My glock sneaks into my room and night and goes to sleep in my hand...

That's not your Glock.

It's this guy...

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:12:47 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Glocks are for those of us with bigger hands and bigger....., shorty.

Fixed it for ya!!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:13:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the Beretta 92 line holds that distinction.

Yes, I've fired both.

LOL1

QUE?

You have got to be kidding.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:13:35 AM EDT
[#48]
"Glocks don't fit your hand!"

"I don't CARE if you think they feel good, the DIAGRAM SAYS THEY'RE BAD!!!"
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:14:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Glocks are fine.

Once I have the grip chopped melted and reprofiled.

My first 9mm will be a Glock 17.

Dude, go with a CZ-75B. I absolutely LOVE mine. The grip is perfect, it's all-steel, 16+1 capacity (and it can load the SP-01's 18-rnd mags), the sights are vastly superior (glow-in-the-dark even, and tritium sights are available), and you have your options of DAO, SAO, cocked-and-locked DA/SA, decocker DA/SA, etc.

Oh, and you can shoot lead bullets through it, if anyone actually cares about that deficiency in the Glock design. I've never fired unjacketed bullets through a handgun, so I don't think that's actually an issue.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top