Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2009 4:12:25 AM EDT
I mean come on. They are only spiders and snakes. You sissies would never make it here in Florida. Grow some balls guys. We eat Black widows and water moccasins for breakfast here.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:14:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Good for you. I will have no part in such nonsense.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:16:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I dont fear them, but I respect them.

Besides, you would never make it here in Australia .  Our snakes and spiders eat black widows and water moccasins for a snack
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:19:01 AM EDT
[#3]
I know where my Dads came from.................Me.

He shouldn't have opened up my snake box and looked in while I was off to camp, that way the water moccasin wouldn't have lunged at him.....................

And well, the big ass turtle you met in the pool at 6AM? In my defense I figured the pool was big enough to share. Obviously you disagreed.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:19:27 AM EDT
[#4]

They dont bother me except when I felt something crawling on me one night. I brushed it off turned on the light. It was a huge fiddle back. We have a shit load of them here in the warmer months. I just worry about my kids getting bit.  Snakes dont scare me at all.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:20:18 AM EDT
[#5]
It's caused by upbringing and too much TV.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:26:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Besides, you would never make it here in Australia

.  Our snakes and spiders eat black widows and water moccasins for a snack

In Texas we keep black mambas and camel spiders as pets and feed them mexican drug runners for snacks.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:30:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Besides, you would never make it here in Australia .  Our snakes and spiders eat black widows and water moccasins for a snack

In Texas we keep black mambas and camel spiders as pets and feed them mexican drug runners for snacks.

Camel spiders arent venomous

That and we have something like 7 of the top 10 most deadly snakes in the world

We even have a deadly bird

Drug runners usually come to Aus from asia.  They have to get past the great whites, salt water crocodiles and snakes in order to do so.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:32:52 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

They don't have to be venomous when they can gnaw your head off.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:35:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Who could be afraid of something this cute?

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:36:03 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v500/scooterhd69/jumperdarkcropmail.jpg

A girl.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:37:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Apologies, i meant they arent deadly.

How are camel spiders meant to gnaw your head off anyway? .

Btw, funnelweb spiders, which are the same as the one in a thread I made a few days ago, are one of the most deadly in the world.  They also chase you and they have been known to bite through shoes and toenails

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:38:32 AM EDT
[#12]
They are harder to shoot.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 4:43:06 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Apologies, i meant they arent deadly.

How are camel spiders meant to gnaw your head off anyway?

I was being facetious. Also, most of us don't really have black mambas or camel spiders and if we do then we don't usually feed them mexican drug runners except on special occasions.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:09:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Chuck Norris wears a live diamondback when he wants a snakeskin belt.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:11:42 AM EDT
[#15]
The irrational fear of snakes and spiders is no different than the Liberals irrational fear of guns.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:14:32 AM EDT
[#16]
150,000 years of evolution ingraining in us the biological imperative to avoid things with fangs....
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:15:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No, it's caused by waking up in the middle of the night with a fucking tarantula on your face.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:20:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Chuck Norris wears a live diamondback when he wants a snakeskin belt.

No, Chuck uses live rattlesnakes for condoms.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:22:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I mean come on. They are only spiders and snakes. You sissies would never make it here in Florida. Grow some balls guys. We eat Black widows and water moccasins for breakfast here.

We have bacon, eggs, pancakes, and hashbrowns around here.  It's funny how a relatively short geographical distance changes the eating habits of those who inhabit this earth.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:24:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Snakes are the devil

It's says so in the Bible.

Speed
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:28:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Spiders bother me, Its roaches that get me. I was pest control about 10yrs ago. Ive see things man....bad things. Roaches so thick it was like walking on potato chips. I can smell the damn things.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:35:27 AM EDT
[#22]
You ever been bit by one of those SOB"S in the night and wake up to a really bad burning sensation and a hot red spot on yer body where you were bit? And not knowing what it was that bit you?? Fuck spiders. Outside they are ok inside my house definately not. Give me a snake anyday Oh and you can keep the damn scorpions too.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:51:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Spiders bother me, Its roaches that get me. I was pest control about 10yrs ago. Ive see things man....bad things. Roaches so thick it was like walking on potato chips. I can smell the damn things.

If you are from Jersey city..... I understand why just like across the river. Whole city blocks piled 2 stories high with garbage, You should also have rats as big as farm cats.. I was there and saw it with my own eyes so this is not someone elses tale. It was in the middle 1970's . I haven't been back I couldn't understand how a bunch of people could live in a shit hole like that. Buildings falling down or being torn down condemnation signs nailed on doors etc.. The water markets out there are really great also. I've seen bag ladys walking down the street picking lettuce leaves out of the trash and gutters sniffing the leaf and putting it in a paper bag to take home? and eat. Very sad to say the least. So Yeah I  understand yer vermin,insect,spider fears... My fear is having to live in a place like that....... Third world countries right in the U.S. inner city Ghetto
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:42:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you are from Jersey city..... I understand why just like across the river. Whole city blocks piled 2 stories high with garbage, You should also have rats as big as farm cats.. I was there and saw it with my own eyes so this is not someone elses tale. It was in the middle 1970's . I haven't been back I couldn't understand how a bunch of people could live in a shit hole like that. Buildings falling down or being torn down condemnation signs nailed on doors etc.. The water markets out there are really great also. I've seen bag ladys walking down the street picking lettuce leaves out of the trash and gutters sniffing the leaf and putting it in a paper bag to take home? and eat. Very sad to say the least. So Yeah I  understand yer vermin,insect,spider fears... My fear is having to live in a place like that....... Third world countries right in the U.S. inner city Ghetto
Thats why I gtfo of NYC 32 years ago.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:44:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

No I would not. Thats why I like the cold northern states.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:45:16 PM EDT
[#26]
eeeeekkkkkkkk
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#27]
I have an irrational fear of centipedes.  Am I alone?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:51:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What's this "we" shit? I hate snakes and spiders. Mostly because every time I come across one I'm barefoot.

I found a big ass spider in the garage yesterday and it started coming towards me. So I killed it with fire.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:54:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, it's caused by waking up in the middle of the night with a fucking tarantula on your face.

C'mon. Spill it. When, where, and how with the tarantula?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:55:44 PM EDT
[#30]
When you have a big ass spider drop off of the roof over your front door and proceed to climb down your shirt, not knowing what the fuck it is, you'll know.

Ughjrldfgkjlfdjglfd.

Fuck spiders. Snakes, on the other hand, don't bother me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:57:19 PM EDT
[#31]
I have absolutely no fear of snakes. I would even catch one of those 10 foot long King Cobra by hand like those crazy guys do on the Nature channel if I had to, and honestly think I could.

A three year old little girl could walk up to me holding a spider in her hand and I would freak.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#32]
I routinely catch venomous snakes, and generally do not like spiders one single bit.  So I understand the guys that don't like snakes.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#34]
All snakes should die in a coiled writhing mass of severed heads/tails.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:00:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Snakes don't bother me..Spiders do. I've had some pretty bad bites from them in the past and know to steer clear from spiders. I lived in Florida for years by the way and the spiders up here are worse... My area is infested with spiders and ticks
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:00:50 PM EDT
[#36]
If it has more than four legs and less than two it is evil and must die end of discussion.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:01:30 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ah, it was a joke. Damn. I was hoping he'd gotten a tarantula on his face. I mean, not "hoping," but...you know...
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:01:32 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v500/scooterhd69/jumperdarkcropmail.jpg

A girl.

In that case call me Sally.

I hate spiders. Don't mind snakes though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:01:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
All snakes should die in a coiled writhing mass of severed heads/tails.

They're the Devil's critter.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top