Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2009 3:47:29 PM EDT
I bought some fillets today at $1.29/lb, and figured to bread and fry unless you warn me off for some reason.

My only experience with this species has been SciFi channel movies "Snakehead Terror" and "Frankenfish" and they didn't do much on the cooking part.  

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive never heard of eating them...at $1.29/lb., it might be a little scary.

A roommate of mine when I lived on a lake had a pair...he would catch minnows, toss them into the aquarium, and they wold eat until they had a fish tail sticking out of their mouth.  They wold swim around like that until they made enough room in their stomach to swallow the rest of it.  Pretty wild.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Too slow on the AR15 front so I forged ahead and breaded and fried.  

Good stuff!  

I am not one to worry about which fish is in my fish-n-chips, but this is as good as any Halibut I have had.  Mild flavor and nice texture, so as a protein source oh hell yes.

I will go into town tomorrow and buy some more.  This makes me want to try Carp now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top