BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/28/2009 10:26:12 AM EDT

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:27:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Obama does not care about white people.

I was at the Fargo Dome on Thursday for 14 hours filling sandbags.

Sitting in Grand Forks now at my sisters.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:29:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope it turns out OK for those N. Dakotians.  I wish I was closer so I could offer my assistance.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:32:52 AM EDT
[#3]
*sigh* and a and three 's for the OP.

If you, OP, honestly think those two pictures are comparable equals, you are quite delusional.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:39:19 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

*sigh* and a

and three

's for the OP.

If you, OP, honestly think those two pictures are comparable equals, you are quite delusional.

Enlighten us O wise one.

Those pictures prove what kind of people live in the two areas where those buildings are located.

The welfare assholes in Chocolate City looked to the government to save them.

Those welfare assholes deserved what they got.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:40:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Obama does not care about white people.

I was at the Fargo Dome on Thursday for 14 hours filling sandbags.

Sitting in Grand Forks now at my sisters.

Grand forks ay?
My grandma's from Aneta.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:42:57 AM EDT
[#6]
They aren't giving up.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:44:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

isn't that the point?  

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:45:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Racist.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:47:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Where's my government visa card????
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:51:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Enlighten us O wise one.

Those pictures prove what kind of people live in the two areas where those buildings are located.

This posts contains an idea that I agree with, therefore I am quoting it.

ETA: Also, I can't spell.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:53:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Imagine the chaos That would have insued if trucks would dumped sand and bags in front of the Super Dome

and those people were asked to make sand bags in order to save the city?  

I spent 3 days just north of St Louis MO  filling sand bags back in '93  

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:54:05 AM EDT
[#12]
I am VERY glad they're banding together and helping one another instead of crying for help. Just goes to show you how hard work versus entitlement plays out when SHTF.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:55:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:58:11 AM EDT
[#14]
My NoDaks are hanging in there.  I only wish I could be there with them, but circumstances beyond my control preclude my participation.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:04:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Can someone explain to me why it is flooding?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:05:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Too much water.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:05:33 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Too much water.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:07:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Enlighten us O wise one.

So people on the gulf coast should build a 50ft tall , 300 mile wide sandbag levee to prevent storm surge prior to a hurricane?  The folks in ND have a chance to fight, and they are.  There is NOTHING you can do to prevent a storm surge in the event of a hurricane.

One million people evacuated NO and surrounding areas prior to Katrina making landfall, while roughly 100k stayed behind.  90% evacuated.  I can't find evacuation numbers yet for the folks in ND, but I'd bet the evacuation numbers aren't much different.  

Coast guard is already having to airlift people out who refused to leave.  Are they "welfare assholes" getting what they deserve too?

As for the pictures.  The first is an organized effort prior to wide scale flooding.  The second is what happens after 30k people, some hoping to salvage and carry what little they own to a safe place.  I don't see anyone in the picture, so perhaps it was taken after all 30k people where safely moved someplace else.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:08:22 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Snow and rain and lots of it.

Plus the Red River flows north, where it is still forzen in Canada.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:10:09 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is Fargo in a flood plain or is it just a fluke?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:12:35 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

*sigh* and a
and three

's for the OP.

Enlighten us O wise one.

So people on the gulf coast should build a 50ft tall , 300 mile wide sandbag levee to prevent storm surge prior to a hurricane?  The folks in ND have a chance to fight, and they are.  There is NOTHING you can do to prevent a storm surge in the event of a hurricane.

One million people evacuated NO and surrounding areas prior to Katrina making landfall, while roughly 100k stayed behind.  90% evacuated.  I can't find evacuation numbers yet for the folks in ND, but I'd bet the evacuation numbers aren't much different.  

Coast guard is already having to airlift people out who refused to leave.  Are they "welfare assholes" getting what they deserve too?

As for the pictures.  The first is an organized effort prior to wide scale flooding.  The second is what happens after 30k people, some hoping to salvage and carry what little they own to a safe place.  I don't see anyone in the picture, so perhaps it was taken after all 30k people where safely moved someplace else.

Prove that statement.

They did not refuse to leave, they woke up Wednesday morning and there was 2 to 10 feet of water everywhere.

The welfare assholes in the super dome did nothing to help themselves, they blame Bush for what happened.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:14:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The Red River has flooded several times over the centuries, really badly in 1997 and 1897.  Each time caused by SUV's and Karl Rove's weather machine.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:14:46 AM EDT
[#23]
I need a new Gucci BOB.

Quoted:

Where's my government visa card????

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:15:42 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is Fargo in a flood plain or is it just a fluke?

They are right on the Red River.
From Breckenridge,MN to Grand Forks, ND and north to Canada the land drops about 1 foot per mile.
It is very flat and the Red River is a wide meandering river with a slow current.
Glacial Lake Agassiz covered the whole area during thousands of years ago.
The river valley is not much of a valley, just a very flat area.
When the Red floods the water just spreads out and does not go anywhere quickly.
Use Google Earth to look at the river and you will see how meandering it is.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:17:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Enlighten us O wise one.

Prove that statement.

They did not refuse to leave, they woke up Wednesday morning and there was 2 to 10 feet of water everywhere.

The welfare assholes in the super dome did nothing to help themselves, they blame Bush for what happened.

Here ya go.  A story about welfare assholes who didn't help themselves, and are getting airlifted by the coast guard.

There's plenty other stories and video, but you're smart enough to do your own research.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:17:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Coming from an Obama voter...
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#27]
It's interesting watching someone post when they don't realize that every time they hit "Submit" it makes them look dumber than they already did.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:21:14 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Here ya go.  A story about welfare assholes who didn't help themselves, and are getting airlifted by the coast guard.

There's plenty other stories and video, but you're smart enough to do your own research.

Those people have been sand bagging 24 hours a day for the last 10 days, I was at the Fargo Dome filling bags for 14 hours on Thursday, I spent 8 hours last night in Moorehead,MN filling sandbags and helping people out.

They have done plenty to help themselves.

Most of the homes have a ring of sandbags around them, this is a 500 year flood, it set a record yesterday and the crest most likely will go highter.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:21:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Coming from an Obama voter...

Didn't vote for Obama.  Next?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:22:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Those people have been sand bagging 24 hours a day for the last 10 days, I was at the Fargo Dome filling bags for 14 hours on Thursday, I spent 8 hours last night in Moorehead,MN filling sandbags and helping people out.

Most of the homes have a ring of sandbags around them, this is a 500 year flood, it set a record yesterday and the crest most likely will go highter.

The people airlifted were just too darned tired to get in their car and drive away?  
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Enlighten us O wise one.

Prove that statement.

Dude, just shut up.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

The people airlifted were just too darned tired to get in their car and drive away?  

How do you  drive through water that is 5 to 10 feet deep and partially frozen?

You cannot even ID a possum, so you obviously have no fucking clue what is going on.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

When there is 5 feet of water surrounding your home, how the fuck do you drive out?  You are starting to sound like an idiot.

Edit:  It's 10 degrees outside.  Should people swim for it?  Should they break out their fishing boats?  Rescue crews have been running boats during the daylight hours to rescue people, and then welding them up at night to repair the holes in them from colliding with ice.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:25:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You cannot even ID a possum, so you obviously have no fucking clue what is going on.

So they were warned of flooding, they were issued a mandatory evacuation, yet chose to stay behind and then had to be evacuated by the government?

Sounds familiar.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:26:00 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When there is 5 feet of water surrounding your home, how the fuck do you drive out?  You are starting to sound like an idiot.

Where in NoDak are you Dig Dug?

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:26:49 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So they were warned of flooding, they were issued a mandatory evacuation, yet chose to stay behind and then had to be evacuated by the government?

Sounds familiar.

There was no mandatory evacuation.

The more you post the more you show you do not know what you are talking about.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

You evacuate PRIOR to the flooding.  Or, you can stay home and roll the dice hoping the flood doesn't affect you.  Again, lots of parallels here.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:28:18 AM EDT
[#38]
Thank goodness the folks in Fargo aren't saddled with an idiot like Ray Nagin as mayor.  My prayers go out for the hearty people of North Dakota.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds familiar.

The river is higher than it has ever been in recorded history.  Keep posting and make sure everyone knows what kind of person you are.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:30:00 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You evacuate PRIOR to the flooding.  Or, you can stay home and roll the dice hoping the flood doesn't affect you.  Again, lots of parallels here.

Or you stay and build dikes which are very successful at preventing disaster.

Flooding in this area happens a lot, the city,county and state know what to do.

This is a 500 year flood, it is something that has been seen in a long time.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:30:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds familiar.

There was no mandatory evacuation.

The more you post the more you show you do not know what you are talking about.

Flooding forces mandatory evacuation in Fargo

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Where in NoDak are you Dig Dug?

Fargo, two blocks from the Red River.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:30:52 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Fargo, two blocks from the Red River.

You dry?

Or did you Bug Out?

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:31:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Sounds familiar.

The river is higher than it has ever been in recorded history.  Keep posting and make sure everyone knows what kind of person you are.

What's your point?  Sounds like an even better reason to get out of town instead of waiting for the government to save you.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Is the "Northern" still there?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#46]
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:31:45 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

People have left in north Moorhead,MN and areas south of Fargo.  When you wake up and your farm is surrounded by 6 feet of water, should people swim out?  Ignorant idiot.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:32:35 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

What's your point?  Sounds like an even better reason to get out of town instead of waiting for the government to save you.

The government is not the only one doing anything up here, it is the residents that are doing the work.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:33:23 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

People have left in north Moorhead,MN and areas south of Fargo.  When you wake up and your farm is surrounded by 6 feet of water, should people swim out?  Ignorant idiot.

Or you wake up and find your entire house completely under water.  In both cases, NO and ND, people were warned, and decided to stay home.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:33:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top