BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/28/2009 8:44:02 AM EDT
$206 Ticket Paid With Urine-Soaked Coins
Man Didn't Break Postal Laws With Package

UPDATED: 10:41 am EDT March 26, 2009
PORTLAND, Ore. –– A Washington man tried to pay a more than $200 traffic ticket by sending a plastic bag filled with coins and urine to a county billing office, deputies said.

"That's something I can't wrap my mind around," said Sgt. Phil Anderchuk, of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. "The thought process of acting consciously –– consummating the act of urinating in a box full of coins that someone is going to receive."

The man didn't break any postal laws by mailing the combination of urine and change to the Multnomah County court, reported television station KPTV in Portland. Postal officials said it is legal to mail urine or other bodily fluids as long as they are packaged properly in a way that doesn't leak or smell. County employees said the package was wrapped tightly until it reached the courthouse mailroom and didn't smell until it was opened.

Because of a policy of only accepting up to $20 in change, court workers returned his money –– postage due.

"It would be better if the gentlemen had done something that defused the situation and maybe mitigated it, rather than adding fuel to the fire," said Jason Posner, who was visiting the courthouse Wednesday.

The county doesn't intend to pursue the matter, as long as the man pays the $271 in charges that now include late fees.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:44:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:45:22 AM EDT
[#2]

I couldn't get beyond the opening.

So, how do you "soak" coins in urine?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:47:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Yah, would have been awesome if he did it with coins.... but Urine? Fuck guy should be arrested. Fuck who knows what kinda shit that guys is into.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:47:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Urine Covered Double Tap
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:47:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wow. What a dumbass.

Fuck that, fuck the people who's sole purpose is shaking down the taxpayers for the reasons of "generating revenue".

"Just pay the fine and go away peasant...."
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:48:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I couldn't get beyond the opening.

So, how do you "soak" coins in urine?

ya, maybe bills, but I dont think the coins are gona get "soaked"
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:49:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:51:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

<>
Because of a policy of only accepting up to $20 in change, court workers returned his money –– postage due.

<>

The county doesn't intend to pursue the matter, as long as the man pays the $271 in charges that now include late fees.

I guess he'll send in urine- soaked 20 dollar payments from here out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:56:38 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

PORTLAND, Ore. –– A Washington man tried to pay a more than $200 traffic ticket by sending a plastic bag filled with coins and urine to a county billing office, deputies said.

"That's something I can't wrap my mind around," said Sgt. Phil Anderchuk, of the Multnomah County Sheriff's Office. "The thought process of acting consciously –– consummating the act of urinating in a box full of coins that someone is going to receive."

The man didn't break any postal laws by mailing the combination of urine and change to the Multnomah County court, reported television station KPTV in Portland. Postal officials said it is legal to mail urine or other bodily fluids as long as they are packaged properly in a way that doesn't leak or smell. County employees said the package was wrapped tightly until it reached the courthouse mailroom and didn't smell until it was opened.

"It would be better if the gentlemen had done something that defused the situation and maybe mitigated it, rather than adding fuel to the fire," said Jason Posner, who was visiting the courthouse Wednesday.

Good to know.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:57:08 AM EDT
[#10]
Good for him...  Stickin it to the man  
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:58:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I'm all against "revenue collection agents" too, but paying in piss covered coins is beyond stupid.
He should have paid it in pennies.

Ass pennies.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:04:23 AM EDT
[#12]
How can the government refuse to accept government issued money?  This is in reference to them only accepting $20 in change and has nothing to do with the urine side of it.

Now businesses can refuse your sale if you pay with all change but if the government demands payment how can they refuse government issued money?  That would be an interesting court case to see play out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:09:19 AM EDT
[#13]
I got a parking ticket for "other" in Ann Arbor. Basically it was a "you didn't do anything wrong, but pay up anyhow".

Now they have me unwilling to park in the downtown area where feral meter maids roam unchecked. I hope the businesses downtown appreciate the city's efforts.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:10:06 AM EDT
[#14]
ROFL.  Good for him.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:14:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I got a parking ticket for "other" in Ann Arbor. Basically it was a "you didn't do anything wrong, but pay up anyhow".

Now they have me unwilling to park in the downtown area where feral meter maids roam unchecked. I hope the businesses downtown appreciate the city's efforts.

You should've paid it with "other".

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:23:49 AM EDT
[#16]
He might have got away with rolling them up and soaking the rolls in piss, but to send a BAG OF PISS is sick.

a plastic bag filled with coins and urine

Rob
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:37:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Good grief, get a grip on yourself.  Is that the worst human behavior he's come across?

The man should be charged with a crime for doing it.  I can't imagine there wasn't some law he broke.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:38:33 AM EDT
[#18]
I think sending a bag full of piss and money is less morally reprehensible than these revenue-generating shakedowns.

People are getting really tired of dealing with the small tyrannies of day to day life.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:40:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good grief, get a grip on yourself.  Is that the worst human behavior he's come across?

The man should be charged with a crime for doing it.  I can't imagine there wasn't some law he broke.

Urine is more or less sterile.  Regular money probably has at least as many germs/bacteria on it.

The only thing this guy is guilty of is failing to follow the rest of the herd.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:42:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Sounds like he needs Baker Act intervention.  Of course he's going to be a hero to all the other dysfunctional types.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:49:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Good for him, he should take them to court on the extra fees too, that's bullshit, they had the money they were extorting in their grubby little hands and they sent it back, now they want to charge him an additional fee? That's outrageous, it's really time to start tarring and feathering all bureaucrats that make their living extorting their fellow citizens for a measly pittance of a paycheck to be doled out by the gov't every couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:50:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Pissy attitude this one has
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:26:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Rule #1 - Don't invite the Man into your life.  
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:27:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Technically, urine is sterile.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:30:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Rule #1 - Don't invite the Man into your life.  

Apparently all he did was park on a public street.  I guess he should have been a hermit.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:42:04 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
How can the government refuse to accept government issued money?  This is in reference to them only accepting $20 in change and has nothing to do with the urine side of it.

Because we elect idots that give the stupid government the right to make decisions like that.

We also elect idiots that give authority to the police to set  up speed traps just to enhance revenue and give a parking ticket if you are 2 minutes over the parking meter.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:54:03 AM EDT
[#27]
He should send the new fine back in cash, except for $20 in pennies.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:57:24 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wow. What a dumbass.

Fuck that, fuck the people who's sole purpose is shaking down the taxpayers for the reasons of "generating revenue".

"Just pay the fine and go away peasant...."

I agree here.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:58:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Pissy coins FTW...

Fuck them..I hope it becomes a nationwide phenomenon ...
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:14:14 AM EDT
[#30]
Perhaps some of you fine folks would like to receive your pay in ziplock bags of piss and pennies.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:12:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Technically, urine is sterile.

Not if the asshat has bacteriuria or hematuria.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:16:36 PM EDT
[#32]
Pecunia non olet

Urine Tax (Latin: vectigal urinae) was a tax levied by the Roman emperor Nero in the 1st century upon the collection of urine. The lower classes of Roman society urinated into pots which were emptied into cesspools. The liquid was then collected from public latrines, where it served as the raw material for a number of chemical processes: it was used in tanning, and also by Roman launderers as a source of ammonia to clean and whiten woollen togas.

The tax was eventually discontinued, but it was re-enacted by Nero's successor Vespasian and applied to all public toilets. The Roman historians Suetonius and Dio Cassius report that when Vespasian's son Titus complained to him about the disgusting nature of the tax, his father held up a gold coin and told him, "Non olet! ("It doesn't stink!"). This phrase is still used today to show that money is all equally filthy (or clean), regardless of its source. Vespasian's name still attaches to public urinals in France (vespasiennes), Italy (vespasiani), and Romania (vespasiene).
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:18:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:20:10 PM EDT
[#34]
can only push people so far
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:21:43 PM EDT
[#35]

You get two cookies.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:22:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm all against "revenue collection agents" too, but paying in piss covered coins is beyond stupid.

Ass pennies.

That was the FIRST thing I thought of!

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:24:54 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good to know.

I mail urine every month to the Navy drug test center.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:29:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ass pennies.

That was the FIRST thing I thought of!

Everyone needs to have a collection

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
can only push people so far

If only the government had to prove the violation occurred...........................
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:32:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Perhaps some of you fine folks would like to receive your pay in ziplock bags of piss and pennies.

I am not the one who is strong arming society for every fucking dime...Mother fuckers want "Change"...well here you go!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:37:25 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
ROFL.  Good for him.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:51:28 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:54:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Stick it to the man!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:55:40 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
"It would be better if the gentlemen had done something that defused the situation and maybe mitigated it, rather than adding fuel to the fire,"...

An aside: I hate bureaucratic office-fucks that use "mitigate" like it's a magic word.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:57:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Direct deposit FTW!

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:09:59 PM EDT
[#47]
He should get another ticket or jail time for pulling that little stunt.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:11:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Dumb ass.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:31:45 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

He should get another ticket or jail time for pulling that little stunt.

For breaking what law exactly?

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 1:39:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Why doesn't the situation fall under assault with bodily fluids?  Would he have had to actually toss an open urine baggy?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top