David Gilmour - Blue Light (1984)

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEtcwUHkMws
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:51:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Words fail me on the video...
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:09:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I bet Roger Waters calls David Gilmour every once in a while and says, "Hey Gilmour, you remember that video you did back in '84?"

And Gilmour just says, "Fuck you, Roger", hangs up the phone and pours himself a double shot of scotch.  Just to forget.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:10:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump for the night crew.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:34:53 PM EDT
[#4]
That was truly craptastic.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:44:51 PM EDT
[#5]
i didn't "get" the concept of that video. . .
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:50:01 PM EDT
[#6]
meh.

Looks like most other music videos from 1984, only worse.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:51:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Wait, so an artist did something that seemed cool in the 80s, but now is embarrasing?! How completely unexpected!!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:41:44 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

meh.

It was a new medium. They were just trying anything to see what they could do. Some were memorable. Some were not.

This was one of the ones I can't remember.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:51:58 PM EDT
[#9]

I can't say this was their best work.

Song or video.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:01:55 AM EDT
[#10]
That was horrible.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:06:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I got to the cliche '80s horn section(about 0:30 in) and turned it off.

To each their own, though.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 12:08:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I bet Roger Waters calls David Gilmour every once in a while and says, "Hey Gilmour, you remember that video you did back in '84?"

And Gilmour just says, "Fuck you, Roger", hangs up the phone and pours himself a double shot of scotch.  Just to forget.

I just got ice cream out my nose.

Not beer, not milk.  ICE CREAM.

You owe me a new monitor, new keyboard, and new sinus cavity.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:25:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't think there's a more talented guy on the planet. Singer/song writer, guitar virtuoso. If you're a fan of David Gilmour pick up his last DVD. It's called Remember That night - Live At The Royal Albert Hall. It's a 2 disc set with a bunch Floyd stuff as well as his latest CD "On An Island"  There's a brief scene on the tour/studio footage where he meets up with Waters. Kinda interesting.

Although that's a funny take Nimrod1193, I'll bet Gilmour could give a Fuck about that video

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:10:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think there's a more talented guy on the planet. Singer/song writer, guitar virtuoso. If you're a fan of David Gilmour pick up his last DVD. It's called Remember That night - Live At The Royal Albert Hall. It's a 2 disc set with a bunch Floyd stuff as well as his latest CD "On An Island"  There's a brief scene on the tour/studio footage where he meets up with Waters. Kinda interesting.

Although that's a funny take Nimrod1193, I'll bet Gilmour could give a Fuck about that video

You're probably right.  I actually have the album this song came from, About Face.  It was produced by Pete Townshend and has some great stuff on it.  Murder and All Lovers Are Deranged are probably my favorites.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:12:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Typical 80's music video, IMO.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:17:08 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

meh.

It was a new medium. They were just trying anything to see what they could do. Some were memorable. Some were not.

This was one of the ones I can't remember.

yup pretty much looked like all the others..

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#17]
That is what happened in the '80's when everyone was doing coke.

Some of the imagery is blatant Monty Python rip-off.  Compare it to 'The Meaning of Life' for reference.

Terry Jones & Terry Gilliam want their royalties.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top