Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 10:50:15 PM EDT
So I went to walmart today to get my tires rotated and my oil changed. (yeah I know, but its cheap and convient) Well I dropped my gf off to get some goceries and then my truck off in the back. On my way back to meet up with my gf I get called back to automotive. Thinking wtf? They have only had my truck for a few minutes they cant be done, I went back and the guy said, "Put these safety glasses on and follow me out to your vehicle." We get out there and he said, "Due to a walmart policy we cannot service your vehicle with a weapon in it for the safety of our customers and employees." So I asked him what the situation was, seeing they had already drained my oil. He said, "You need to buy a trigger lock before we can continue." I know its my bad I should have known better than leaving a weapon in my vehicle while getting serviced at walmart, but it was underneath my backseat in its case. How the hell did they find it when all they needed to do was drive it 30 yards into their shop to rotate tires and change the oil. Needless to say I had to buy one of the chamber locks they had for $5.95 one of which i have 5 or 6 of at home that I got free with rifles. All in all for the $85 worth of groceries it was a BS trip to walmart.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:52:45 PM EDT
[#1]
You are asking the wrong people. why didn't you ask them?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:53:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Avoid using Walmart to service your vehicles.  
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:53:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Walmart..... That is all.....
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:54:10 PM EDT
[#4]
They are supposed to vacum your floor and seat with the oil change. They always pull everything from the floor and put it on my backseat, seems this person was just a little to nosy.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:54:15 PM EDT
[#5]
So they drained the oil out of your car and then refused to finish the job, effectively stranding you there, until you bought one of their trigger locks?

Why didn't you just take the gun out of the car after they told you they couldn't work on it with a gun inside?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:54:51 PM EDT
[#6]
If the gun was in a case, under your seat; sounds like invasion of privacy, maybe on the edge of criminal charges of trespassing. I'd be all up in the store managers office at first light. Don't forget to blade!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:55:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Complain to management. There was no reason I can think of to go searching under seats.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:55:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Avoid using Walmart to service your vehicles.  

This should be obvious.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:55:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

They are supposed to vacum your floor and seat with the oil change. They always pull everything from the floor and put it on my backseat, seems this person was just a little to nosy.
Did he get the Full Service Oil Change or the Basic?

Just the basic there would be no reason.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:56:12 PM EDT
[#10]
That is interesting, because  they did not vacuum anything.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:58:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Yeah... I worked in TLE for quite a while.  I've never heard of that policy.  It's either new, or the guy made it up on the spot.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:58:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That is interesting, because  they did not vacuum anything.

Are you really that obtuse?
One of the "trusted Wallyworld employees" was scoping out what was under your seat for the taking.
You're lucky he didn't take the gun.  

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:00:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

One of the "trusted Wallyworld employees" was scoping out what was under your seat for the taking.

Unfortunately I think that this is probably the answer.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:33:49 AM EDT
[#14]
They were looking for your massive adrenaline dump.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:38:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unfortunately I think that this is probably the answer.

+1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top