Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2009 7:21:56 PM EDT
If it's a dupe, post a link.  I did look.

Harrisburg man accused of robbing former police chief

A Harrisburg man is accused of robbing a former police chief this morning in the bathroom of a Holiday Inn that was hosting a conference for narcotics officers.

Jerome Marquis Blanchett, who was awaiting trial of four previous robbery charges, was arraigned this morning before District Judge Michael J. Smith and taken to Dauphin County Prison.

"You're a danger to have on the street," Smith told Blanchett before setting his bail at $1 million.

John Comparetto, a retired police chief from New York, told police he walked into the men's bathroom at the hotel just before 8:30 a.m. and was confronted by Blanchett, who pointed a large semi-automatic handgun at him and demanded money and his cell phone, according to court papers.

After Comparetto handed over $138 and his phone, Blanchett said if he tried to follow him, he'd kill him, court papers stated.

After Blanchett left, Comparetto drew a firearm from his ankle holster and went after Blanchett, court papers stated. He and other officers took Blanchett into custody as Blanchett was trying to get into a taxi cab outside the Holiday Inn-Harrisburg East.

Blanchett, 19, of the 2000 block of Market Street, was charged with robbery, making terroristic threats, reckless endangerment, simple assault, carrying a firearm without a license and illegally possessing a firearm.

When asked for comment, Blanchett said, "I'm smooth," as he was being led from Smith's court.
'

Awaiting trail for FOUR PREVIOUS ROBBERY CHARGES?  "You're a danger to have on the street."   No shit, Sherlock.  I guess it took the fifth robbery for a judge to realize that.

eta:  Added state to Subject.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:25:01 PM EDT
[#1]
"im smooth"  
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:35:55 PM EDT
[#2]
This did happen, It was at the PNOA Conference in H-Burg, Pa. I have friends that were there, this dude should be nominated for the Darwin Award this year
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 7:38:06 PM EDT
[#3]
It's all good, yo, cuz he smoooooth
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top