Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2002 12:41:18 PM EDT
...and Congress was your little beeyotch, what would you do? The South Africa thread got me started thinking. This is all far from complete, and definitely not well thought out... I'm just babbling.

#1 Do what was needed to permanently re-establish a harsh and stringent interpretation of the Bill of Rights (It means what it says).

#2 Develop safer oil resources outside the Middle East in preparation for hard times.  

#3, I would cut all funding to both Israel and the Arab nations, expecting chaos and oil shortages. War would be a foregone conclusion, so we'd need to be ready to do without. OTOH, we could finally wash our hands of the whole region.

#4 Offer citizenship and land to both any Israelis and any Afrikaners or Rhodesians that wanted, and help evac them quickly... especially getting any Israelis that wanted out before the Arabs went nuts. I've known several of each, and they have what it takes to be better Americans than most Americans do. I'd turn over the dry wastes out west to them, selling it cheap and fast tracking citizenship. They'd turn them into green paradises in 10 years.

#5 Seal the borders with our troops, and deport anyone that didn't have their proper permission to live and work here. Then, I'd make it simple to apply for and get legal status for people with something to add, so that they could work here and pay taxes... and if they want to live here permanently, get them into the system as citizens.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 12:44:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Homeland Security = Government funded,(NOT goverment, locally controlled), armed Militia.  Get a little funding for that.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:14:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#3]
If I were President AND I controlled Congress...

[b]"All Your Guns Are Belong To Me!![/b][:D]

[b]"...And Your Hots Womenz Too!![/b]

Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:30:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Allow oil drilling in that wilderness preserve in Alaska that the dems put the kabosh on.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Repeal almost all gun laws.

If your not a criminal you can have anything you want.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:40:03 PM EDT
[#6]
1.) Massive funding into fusion and nuclear research and development

2.) 100% of American energy produced in America within 10 years

3.) Increase funding for NASA four fold

4.) National flat tax of 8 1/2 percent, do away with all this bracket and deduction nonsense

5.) Disband the IRS and reorganize the ATF so that it's mission would be to ensure that peoples right to bear arms IS NOT infringed on

6.) Permant human presence on the Moon and Mars, create a new agenct SICA: Space Industrialization and Colinization Agency, which is charged with fostering the private development of Americans in space

7.) Break off Space Command from the Air Force and create a new idependent service so some progress could finaly be made in military space hardware.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:42:58 PM EDT
[#7]
1. abolish the imperial federal income tax and replace it with a national sales tax for a few years to wean off the hogs at the feed trough, then nothing.

2. eliminate HUD, BATF, IRS, CDC, NASA, FCC, FICA and all other alphabet soup departments that fall outside the scope of the legitimate federal functions of a constitutional republic.

3. Make military service mandantory for all, and issue service rifles to all able-bodied citizens of the general militia.

4. Close the borders and place strict limits on immigration, as well as order the immediate round up and deportation of ALL ILLEGAL ALIENS.

5. Withdraw the USA from all entangling alliances like NATO and the UN. Kick the UN out of the country and put the building up for lease.

Then I would take the rest of the day off! [:D]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 1:44:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Oh god do I really disagree with people on this board this much?
#1------fine and jail time---agree
#2. Why oil? alchohol, hydrogen, compost, etc.
Within 5 years.....
#3. NO FUNDING.--YA don't live here ya get no money. And if we didn't give them money for their war toys........
#4.....the free land is south of the Rio....go and get it.....
#5....agree

Gov't funded militia.....nope. counter-proposal.
How about you let me keep most of my wages and I will be able to buy a gun.

Local talent----mostly sucks and the ones that don't suck, don't often want to be BIG ROCK STARS----corporate sluts.

Oil again with this? wake me up when we finish the pipeline through Kabul. Why don't we move the economy in a direction that does not require something limited.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top