Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/27/2009 10:09:02 AM EDT
I just finished the book (in one sitting), and I must say...it was alright. Rush, Hannity, etc have been heavily hyping and promoting this book as if it was something revolutionary and new. It really isn't.

Before I get flamed to death, I love Mark Levin. He is, hands down, the most intelligent and most entertaining person on radio.

This book, however, falls a bit flat.

His book is filled with well-known examples of liberal abuses, which he then mildly dissects and explains what the "conservative" and what the "statist" believes on each issue. At the end of the book, he goes over the main bullet points every conservative should believe/promote, which, like the rest of his book, is nothing new or revolutionary.

I was just expecting a bit more from an intellectual, well-versed person like Mark Levin. However, I think he purposefully watered down this book to make it more accessible to the non-political wonks out there.

3.5 / 5.0
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:10:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I should add that I read both Mark Levin's and Ron Paul's books this week...and neither of them really impressed me that much.

Oh well...
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:56:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I have it on order w/ Amazon.  I hope it's better than you described.

I really like Levin's radio show.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm about halfway through and I think it's very good. Compared to the polemics normally paraded around as "conservative literature", L&T is well thought out and provides a concise case for conservative thinking.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:04:52 AM EDT
[#4]
I think this book is for 'beginners".

And based last year's election, at least
53% of voters out there need to read this book-
because they don't have a CLUE!!!

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Mark,
Drives me nuts on the radio..
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:08:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm about halfway through and I think it's very good. Compared to the polemics normally paraded around as "conservative literature", L&T is well thought out and provides a concise case for conservative thinking.

What other 'conservative' books are you comparing it to?

A much better book is "Liberal Facism". The author there does a much better job of highlighting how modern day liberalism is simply incompatible with individual freedom and liberty
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:23:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I have it on order w/ Amazon.  I hope it's better than you described.

I'm sure you will like it - but I doubt it's going to "open your eyes" to anything new.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:36:34 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have it on order w/ Amazon. I hope it's better than you described.

I'm sure you will like it - but I doubt it's going to "open your eyes" to anything new.

It will open the eyes of conservatives that have, for too long, sought something that will spell out what it means to be American and to belive in limited government and the freedom of individuals.  

You may have lived for years or even decades knowing what Mark has layed out in his book.  But keep in mind, not everyone understands what the constitution or the DOI means.  We must nurture them and encourage their knowledge.......falut them not, for they have been government educated.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:43:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
I have it on order w/ Amazon. I hope it's better than you described.

It will open the eyes of conservatives that have, for too long, sought something that will spell out what it means to be American and to belive in limited government and the freedom of individuals.  

You may have lived for years or even decades knowing what Mark has layed out in his book.  But keep in mind, not everyone understands what the constitution or the DOI means.  We must nurture them and encourage their knowledge.......falut them not, for they have been government educated.

How can someone claim to be a follower of a political ideology without knowing the basic tenants and precepts of it? I understand how someone can say they are a "Democrat" without understanding the party's platform, but to call oneself a conservative is something much different than just aligning yourself blindly with a party.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top