Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/26/2009 10:38:22 AM EDT
My family once had a vehicle stolen, and I once had my license plate stolen.

I was the appointed DD of the night, and noticed before entering my own vehicle that it had no license plate, after having parked it in the alley behind a crowded drinking hole not far from my university.

I immediately produced a Sig Sauer pistol and a Surefire flashlight and secured the area, and then called police.

By way of a letter from the police department, I later learned the identity of the perpetrator, who as caught.

The following day, a Saturday, I was subjected to visiting one of the three DMVs open on the weekend to obtain a new license plate, and asked three times if my plate had been taken by the police for failure to have insurance or tags.

I was upset, but I got over it.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:38:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Yup.

IBTP
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:40:44 AM EDT
[#2]

I had some equipment stolen once, and a car also.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:40:46 AM EDT
[#3]
If it's a crime to skirt the intent of the constitution, then we're all victims. (Those of us who live in the US, anyway.)
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:41:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Shit, I've had my property vandalized, been robbed, beaten, shot at, knifed and kidnapped in my lifetime, several of them more than once.  I've also witnessed all kinds of other crap.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:42:49 AM EDT
[#5]
The government steals from me everyday.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:43:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Yup. Got robbed once, and both of our cars have been vandalized to some degree. From keying to breaking out tail lights .
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:43:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, I pay taxes.

_MaH
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:45:38 AM EDT
[#8]
My car was stolen in college, and a guy pulled a knife on me once.  That's everything I can think of.  Nothing in the last twenty years.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:46:21 AM EDT
[#9]
One time I got scammed on the EE, but a local member went to the guys house and told him to mail my shit, or the local PD was going to get involved post-haste.

BLACKHAWKGUNNER is an awesome guy!
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:47:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Only misdemeanor theft and vandalism.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yes, I pay taxes.

_MaH

this
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Yes, my car was broken into a couple times when I lived at school.  The campus bordered a hood well known by local police.  I'll leave it at that.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:50:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
One time I got scammed on the EE, but a local member went to the guys house and told him to mail my shit, or the local PD was going to get involved post-haste.

BLACKHAWKGUNNER is an awesome guy!

I didn't think about stuff like that.  I had someone write me a bad check for $3K and a couple of other people give me counterfeit checks to try and buy stuff.  But no one in LE was interested enough to even return a phone call, so it didn't seem like much of a crime to anyone.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:50:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The government steals from me everyday.

beat me to it

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:50:22 AM EDT
[#15]
No, but I've been close enough to getting attacked to know that you need to be able to defend yourself with deadly force.

Got confronted by 4-6 guys 16-18 once, they wanted to pick a fight because one of thier girlfiends was checking me out.

Nothing happened because I difused the situation and walked away, but if they attacked me I would've been in serious trouble.

It was minor and juvenile, but a couple of them had knives clipped to thier pockets and if they had decided to fight I think they would've been stupid enough to try and use them.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:50:30 AM EDT
[#16]
Every April 15th ......every April 15th.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:51:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Everyone past puberty has been the victim of a crime, it's just a matter of degree.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#18]
More times than I care to remember.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:52:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Hit and run DUI back in 1998.

I was on my ZX6R going up Mt. Rainier at the time, totalled the bike, fooked up my shoulder.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:55:31 AM EDT
[#20]
I've had my car broken into about 8 years ago and a hit and run on my truck not too long ago.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:56:45 AM EDT
[#21]
Yes I have been the victim of a crime...

The police broke down my door and searched my house and did not have a search warrant.

They found a couple of my bongs and a small bag of Marijuana.

Court date came up and the judge threw the shit out because the Police broke the Law.

You may think I was the one committing the crime, however I believe it is a crime to discriminate against recreational pot smokers like myself who have an education, have held down my job for over ten years, and I pay my taxes. I smoke occasionally in the privacy of my own home.

In this case I was the victim of a crime committed by the Police.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:59:54 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Shit, I've had my property vandalized, been robbed, beaten, shot at, knifed and kidnapped in my lifetime, several of them more than once.  I've also witnessed all kinds of other crap.

You pulled the punch before you got to the windowless van part?

Tough luck guy.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#23]
I had my mailbox bashed one time.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:04:32 AM EDT
[#24]
Yeah.  Yesterday, as a matter of fact.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:06:44 AM EDT
[#25]
Yes, multiple times. By a family member no less.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:07:36 AM EDT
[#26]
Had my radio stolen out of my car.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#27]
I was robbed at gun point when I was 15 y/o.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:12:28 AM EDT
[#28]
My paycheck gets sodomized every time.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:13:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You pulled the punch before you got to the windowless van part?

Tough luck guy.

haha no windowless vans for me, luckily... I just grew up in one of the border towns you hear so much about on CNN these days.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:14:12 AM EDT
[#30]
I've had stuff stolen from me on several occasions.  I've never been the victim of a violent crime.  I've never had the opportunity to stop a crime in progress.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:14:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Our rental house was robbed when I was in college.  My room mate and I had gone home for a week before classes started again and was burglarized by the local juvenile thugs.  They took stereo equipment, CD's, money, condoms, blank checks and my room mates Bowie Knife.  

They took $150 Pioneer speakers and left $400 Infinity speakers, the Pioneers where bigger.  They took all of the silver change out of one room mates jar of money and left all the pennies.  Another room mate's girlfriend had a bag of condoms and sponges in his room and they took the condoms and left the sponges.

Through our own investigation we found out who they were.  We worked with the bank to follow up on the forged checks and I found a lot of my CD's sold at a local CD shop.  There was a truant officer in there when the CD's where sold and afterwards he made a comment to the owner about them probably being stolen.

It turned out that 2 of the kids where already convicted of crimes and where in between sentencing and serving time in juvenile detention.  By the time we tracked them down they were already serving for other crimes.  

The cops and DA were WORTHLESS!!!!  They did not prosecute the kids already serving time, they did not charge the CD shop owner for receiving stolen property.  The only charge was for the kid who cashed a forged check and he wasn't even one of the kids that broke in.

BTW, this was in Morgantown, WV.  The cops are more interested in writing underage drinking citations to WVU students, because they can pay the fines.  Prosecuting real crimes is too much work.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:14:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yes, multiple times. By a family member no less.

Oh, if you're counting that, then many acts of vandalism.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:16:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Burglary, assault, vandalism, theft.

Not all at once

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:16:32 AM EDT
[#34]
Yes, the police refused me a complaint against the man because of his race and social status. I am not happy with them. Arab, immigrant.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:16:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Stolen Identity twice (Debt and Credit card)
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:17:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Robbed at gun point once and  robbed at knife point.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:18:05 AM EDT
[#37]
Yes, we all did in the last election!
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:19:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Yes, I had a neighbor that smoked pot years ago. And once when I stayed at a Holiday Inn there was a woman selling sex for money.

I didn't have anything to do with either of them but I must have been a victim or their activities would not be illegal.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:20:34 AM EDT
[#39]
In 1998 I had a large caliber revolver placed to the back of my head and was robbed of $5.57.  I was walking home from the Metro rail at about 0100, when I observed 2 yutes following me, knowing I was going to be robbed I turned up a residential driveway as if I lived in the house, but they were on me too fast.  Stuck the gun to the back of my head and took the cash.  They were nice enough fellas, very pleasant about the whole thing.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:20:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Like a lot of other people I've had my car stereo stolen a couple of times. The last time was quite a while ago, but I still fantasize about catching the little bastard in my car and repeatedly slamming his head in the door.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:21:16 AM EDT
[#41]
Other than petty thefts damage to personal property; thankfully no.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:21:20 AM EDT
[#42]
The poll should allow for multiple options.... both option 1 and 3 apply.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:33:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Some motherfucker stole my bicycle when I was ten years old.  It rained on the very long way home.

When I got home I was punished for being AWOL.

Then I was punished for "losing" the bike.

I hope the fucker who took my bike died of complications from tetanus.  There was some rust on the frame.  I locked the bitch up solid, too.  Who runs around with bolt cutters in broad daylight?  Fuckers, that is who.

I have had plenty of stuff ripped off since.  Been mugged.  It all pales to the loss of my bike.  MY FUCKING BIKE!  AGGGGGGGHHHHH
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:35:05 AM EDT
[#44]
Never a direct victim of a violent crime but I did suffer through the aftermath of one of the worst.  I worked at a liquor store when I was 21 (25 now) and my co worker, the guy who trained me, and an all around great guy, was robbed at gunpoint and taken to the back and executed. We had two stores, I was at number one, he was at number two.  Since the stores had the same name, I had cops running in my store until they figured out it was at the other.  Good side to the story is, the guy was caught that night and soon tried and found guilty of capital murder, and sentenced to death.  All of this was over a small sum of money and a handle of Crown Royal.  Scary thing is that I went to high school with the guy who did it and he had actually been to my place(more of someone I knew rather than a friend I hung out with) within the previous year...... Goes to show you just never know about some people.  I have carried a gun with me EVERY DAY since that incident.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Had some shit stolen from my house when I was a kid but he funniest one is the time this crackhead tried to rob me with a knife, the dumb fuck folded up his knife after I gave him the $20 I had and when he stuck his hand in his pocket to put up the knife I cominced to whooping his ass with his hand still in his pocket, it was pretty funny.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:36:27 AM EDT
[#46]
Several times.

Thankfully, none were violent, though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:38:09 AM EDT
[#47]
It was barely 7 months when we migrated here in the US.   I was minding my own business wiping down our family car.  Five guys  came one had a gun & robbed me at gunpoint.  I gave them the  $ 5 in my pocket all the while staring at the gun's barrel & thinking about my wife & children.  They are not content with that.  They decided to get more by forcefully leading me to our apartment.

I resisted this time.  For some miraculous reason the guy with the gun tried to shoot me( I saw he brought it up to my mid torso) but it didn't fire.  I don't know the make or model (I have very limited knowledge of firearms at that time) all I know is its a gun.  The jackass pistol whipped me instead.  Three stitches on the left side of the head at Chippeham Hospital ER.  What elso to do but run?  I banged the apartment door & to my wife's and kids' horror blood was covering half of my face and most of the front of my shirt.  Dialed 911, after 4 or 6 mins Richmond police came.  (BG are still lurking around the complex)

After all that eye opening, life changing, horror of reality, I decided never again!!  Never me or my family will be victims!!!!  Ever!!!!

... oh yeah,  this event also made me follow the path of JMB's teaching.  See avatar .
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:39:21 AM EDT
[#48]
I woke up in the middle of the night with a man's hands around my throat. he was in my girlfriend's (now wife) apartment to rape her as she was living single at the time but by a chance of luck I fell asleep early and decided to spend the night.

I wrestled and fought him with my fists while my girlfriend watched and never made a sound.

once he figured out he wasn't gonna be doing any raping that night, he backed off and ran out the way he had come in - through the locked front door. the police believe he had a key.

and I also had some shit stolen from my car and my house but not so bad, considering...
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:40:15 AM EDT
[#49]
Had a couple different cars broken into over the years, thats about it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 11:41:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Yes

We had a building broken into and several thousand dollars worth of items stolen. Never recovered and perps were never caught.

Someone attempted to steal 2 four wheelers stored at my mothers house. All they managed to do was screw the wiring up by cutting it and trying to hot wire.

We had a motorcycle stolen from our garage. It was recovered 1.5 years later and the guy had to spend a little time in the slammer and make restitution which took about 4 years

I also prevented a theft by two 15 year olds. They had broken into a storage where I store supplies and were coming out when I greeted them with my wifes S&W .38 Lady Light
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top