Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/10/2002 8:09:47 AM EDT

Definition of "Revenge":
[b]The Enron debacle won't be President Bush's Whitewater. It will be much worse.[/b]
[url]http://cbs.marketwatch.com/news/story.asp?guid=%7B903B88E7%2D7C09%2D4FC6%2DB706%2D49697A5B66F1%7D&[/url]

Get ready, it's going to get [b][u]REALLY[/u][/b] ugly for Republicans this year.

Link Posted: 1/11/2002 5:30:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:07:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
What are the charges against Enron, and is it within Congress's CONSTITUTIONAL POWERS to do something about it?
I had this same question last year, when I discovered that Congress was investigating the levels of CUSTOMER SERVICE in the airline industry.  WTF does Congress care what the customer service in the airline industry looks like?  Don't they have real jobs to do?
EXACTLY what is the real deal with Enron?  I heard this morning on Paul Harvey that there was very little link between the Bushes and any alleged dirty business at Enron.  How much truth is there to this?
View Quote

Points well taken.
However, when was the last time Democ[b]rat[/b]s  were ever interested in the truth?

Here's the CNN/NBC/CBS/ABC/MSNBC soundbytes:
[b]
"George Bush will do to Social Security what his rich Texas fatcat friends did to Enron!"

"Both Enron and our economy collapsed because George Bush and his rich fatcat friends don't care one bit about working families!"

"George Bush benefited from the pillaging of thousands of hard-working Enron employees who lost their life-savings to pay for his election."
[/b]
and on and on...

"The truth? You can't handle the truth"

Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:47:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Yup...all true.  The Desperate Dems have just seen the elephant!  They think this is the Holy Grail of Political Cudgels with which to beat the shit out of Dubya and those evil, rich, Republican oilmen...(mostly red necked Texans anyway!).

Problem for them is...it just won't wash.  This too shall pass...but not before the usual suspects on the left get in their licks.  I'm talking about the liberal politicians and media types who have been picking the losing horse before and after the election.

We are talking about a bunch of very frustrated Lefties here.  You can bet your stetson that Carville and the boys are gearing up for this weekend's talking head shows.  They will be all over the TV like fleas on a hound's butt, raising all sorts of nice sounding concerns about this whole matter, and intoning gravely about how this could really hurt the country and the presidency (harummph...harrumph!).  

Example of how desperate the libs are to taint Bush:  Last night I carefully switched back and forth across the three [traditional] news networks.  Now...just to clarify, I normally do NOT watch ABC/CBS/NBC, but last night, I wanted to see just how those slimeballs were going to cover this ENRON story...in the context of the war news, the ongoing story about the terrorist plot to kill Governor Jeb Bush of Florida, and China's emergence as a powerful nuclear power hostile to the United States.

I had my suspicions that the networks, being very liberal Bush/Republican haters, would all spend a lot of time on the ENRON story.  I was not disappointed.  They did so...with a vengance.  All three led off with the story.  ABC and CBS spent about the first 4-5 minutes on the ENRON story.  Trust me...in the world of network nightly news that is a long time to spend on one story...TV remotes and instant gratification being what it is.  NBC and Tom Brokaw, not to be outdone, spent an incredible seven minutes on this one story.  That is an eternity on a breaking story of this type.

In all three network scripts, the recurring theme in each was the potential involvement of President Bush in this scandal.  Each network spent lots of ink in their writeups pairing ENRON & Bush.  This based on largely unfounded and unsubstantiated rumor and innuendo.

The Libs have been desperately searching for something to take into the Fall elections for months.  So far, at each turn, Bush and his team have outsmarted them.  I mean really, it has been pretty hilarious at times.  The latest dustup with Daschle saying Bush and the Republicans destroyed the economy with the tax cut has just collapsed and Daschle looks real dumb and lonely right now...then up jumps the Devil and we've got ENRON!

It won't work.  Bush and his team did everyting right.  When the ENRON boys called a few weeks ago asking for government assistance as the company nosedived, the Bush Administration told them tough noogies!  You boys screwed up...now live with it.

The ENRON officers and the principals of their accounting/consulting firm may take a heavy fall...but Bush is and will remain clean.

Not that any of this will stop the Dems from acting like trial lawyers with a losing cause...they'll yell a lot, wave their arms a lot and throw a lot of dirt in the air, trying to deal a damaging blow to Bush.

Watch the media...they are really looking to help their soul mates in government.  I don't think that will work either.  We'll see...

[thinking]
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:50:42 AM EDT
[#4]
And the mainstream will be marching in lock step with the Democrats. This is going to be interesting. GWB Jr. was in office how long?
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:50:59 AM EDT
[#5]
This article is wishfull thinking.

Its already been reported Enron asked for help and the Bush Administration did nothing.

Personally I want to see Enron and Arthur Anderson burn for this. It not a DEM/REPUB thing.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:52:21 AM EDT
[#6]
You know, I troll over in Democratic Underground and I read and post quite a bit in here.  You know the one thing both sites have in common?  "They" are always wrong and "we" are always right.  "Their" president is evil, and "our" president is pure as the driven snow.  "Their" party is corrupt from stem to stern, "ours" is populated only by people out to do good, with a mandate from the people.

When will America wake up and realize that if they're running for high office, they're corrupt?  They have to be, or the party system won't support them.  The question is how corrupt and in what direction?  And when will we stop accepting that?

Jesus Christ - THEY'RE ALL CORRUPT!  Some just get caught at it.  And some manage to do some good while they're in office, but it's more by accident than intent.  

The job of the elected official is to keep getting re-elected.  PERIOD.  Bush was selected by the GOP long before the election because there was no one in Congress they thought could beat Gore.  Period.  And you can bet your a$$ he doesn't do anything the Party doesn't approve of.

Don't get me wrong, I voted for him and I'm sure as hell glad that the Supreme Court ruled as it did, but the choice of Bush was a "lesser of evils" choice, not a vote of approval.  I've been voting since 1980.  I have yet to see a politician I've wanted to vote FOR.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:55:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You know, I troll over in Democratic Underground and I read and post quite a bit in here.  You know the one thing both sites have in common?  "They" are always wrong and "we" are always right.  "Their" president is evil, and "our" president is pure as the driven snow.  "Their" party is corrupt from stem to stern, "ours" is populated only by people out to do good, with a mandate from the people.

When will America wake up and realize that if they're running for high office, they're corrupt?  They have to be, or the party system won't support them.  The question is how corrupt and in what direction?  And when will we stop accepting that?

Jesus Christ - THEY'RE ALL CORRUPT!  Some just get caught at it.  And some manage to do some good while they're in office, but it's more by accident than intent.  
View Quote

That's pretty astute.  Check out this banner headline I just pulled off of Drudge:

[b]FLASHBACK: CLINTON OFFICIAL MET WITH ENRON CHAIRMAN; $100,000 CASH DONATION TO DEMOCRATS TIMED TO PLANT APPROVAL [/b]

BWAHAHAAHAHAAHAHA
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:57:21 AM EDT
[#8]
The Enron bankruptcy has nothing to do with DEM/REBUB. It has to do with personal and corporate greed. Time will tell if the perps burn.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 6:59:10 AM EDT
[#9]
Just remember that Enron gave large amounts of money to both Republicans and democrats.  If democrats try to blow this up too big then it could hurt them as well.
Bill3508
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:00:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Enron bankruptcy has nothing to do with DEM/REBUB. It has to do with personal and corporate greed. Time will tell if the perps burn.
View Quote
If you don't think a large corporation was throwing large sums of money at congresscrittters for favors or to look the other way, you're going through life with blinders on.  Both sides are implicated, but Texas politicians are most at risk for exposure.  Let's see where it goes, shall we?
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 8:19:45 AM EDT
[#11]
Kbakers writes...
When will America wake up and realize that if they're running for high office, they're corrupt? They have to be, or the party system won't support them. The question is how corrupt and in what direction? And when will we stop accepting that?

Jesus Christ - THEY'RE ALL CORRUPT! Some just get caught at it. And some manage to do some good while they're in office, but it's more by accident than intent.
View Quote

I thought [b]I[/b] was too cynical. Heh, you need a visit to "cynics anonymous" to restore your youthful optimism.

I think Ronald Reagen doesn't fit in your description. Bob Barr goes to the matt for his beliefs all the time, and does alot of conservative heavy lifting without being a dirtbag. There are honorable people out there in politics ; they just aren't any liberal ones that I have ever read about or seen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top