Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:35:42 AM EDT
[#1]
This country embarrasses me.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:36:37 AM EDT
[#2]
"Oh my dear god honey, look a big bad scary machine gun, call the Gestapo"
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:36:44 AM EDT
[#3]
They say he was pointing it at people, I'd guess he wasn't. If he actually was, I could see the cause for alarm.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:36:49 AM EDT
[#4]
BAAAAAAA BAAAAAAAAAAAA scary, scary must call police. Sheesh what a bunch of turds.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:37:12 AM EDT
[#5]
America; a nation of butthurt whiners...
The man was seen waving a flag. Some of the officers saw the man wave a flag.

Wow...

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:38:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Jeeze...If I saw that thing on the road, I'd probably scream 'FUCK YEAH' out of my window at him...not call the cops...
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:41:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Oooooooo he's waving a flag, call the cops!

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:43:21 AM EDT
[#8]
I remember seeing a special on people who had won the Lotto and they had a guy who owned a jeep just like that with a .30 cal mounted that he drove around.  Wonder if its the same guy?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:43:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Wow...

Hope it was a Gadsden.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:46:07 AM EDT
[#10]
That blond reporter is so fooking hot.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:46:39 AM EDT
[#11]
That Jeep looked alot newer than a 1956 Willys. I think 70' something, it has round hood and fenders..
Oh, and don't point that flag at me!
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:46:54 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow...

Hope it was a Gadsden.

He would have been ok if it was the Mexican, or Palestinian flag. Just don't fly the US flag. Again just another sign of the times.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:47:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Why did the reporter feel the need to run the guy's plate and then announce his name?  How did they get that info on a "Need to Know" basis?

I'd sue for invasion of privacy, he did not break the law, was unlawfully restrained and made a subject of public ridicule.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:48:12 AM EDT
[#14]
If the guy was actually pointing it at people he should have been arrested. I doubt he was pointing it at anyone though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:48:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Holy Fuck, he was waving a flag!! Must press charges.......
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:50:15 AM EDT
[#16]
From CA.....makes sense....

I would point my gun at the blond also
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:52:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:52:57 AM EDT
[#18]
so what's his ARFCOM name?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:53:06 AM EDT
[#19]
reminds me of the day i took my M35 to the DMV....  i got pulled over by 5 county units, because some stupid nosey cunt called 911 and reported a "stolen army truck that almost hit her car when she ran a red light"
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:56:55 AM EDT
[#20]
the sheer stupidity

ETA:  it's cool though, it's INERT so it won't be blowing up anytime soon..................
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:57:39 AM EDT
[#21]
There was a guy with a jeep and a pintle mounted .30 that got arrested a couple years ago for a road rage incident, another driver claimed that he started screaming and pointed the gun at him at a stop sign.  

This one is a clear overreaction, though.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 4:59:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
reminds me of the day i took my M35 to the DMV....  i got pulled over by 5 county units, because some stupid nosey cunt called 911 and reported a "stolen army truck that almost hit her car when she ran a red light"

in one of the threads here about buying old armor, someone posted a story about being pulled over while trailering their APC (?) somewhere. the reason given by the deputies was [to the effect of] "there has got to be something illegal about this".

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:00:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
That Jeep looked alot newer than a 1956 Willys. I think 70' something, it has round hood and fenders..
Oh, and don't point that flag at me!

56 Willys jeeps had round hood and fenders.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:00:22 AM EDT
[#24]
Title scared me for a minute because I was out wreaking havoc at the range yesterday....

Abandon hope all ye who enter Kali-forney...
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:01:06 AM EDT
[#25]
HE WAS WAVING A FLAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:02:03 AM EDT
[#26]
Yea, I probably would of gave the guy a thumbs up.. But thats just me....
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:02:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Why did the reporter feel the need to run the guy's plate and then announce his name?  How did they get that info on a "Need to Know" basis?

I'd sue for invasion of privacy, he did not break the law, was unlawfully restrained and made a subject of public ridicule.

Tag info is public information, cant sue for invasion of privacy......
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:06:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

is it really? if i see someone driving like a jackass, i can call someone and ask WHO that car is registered to and where they live?

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:06:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

is it really? if i see someone driving like a jackass, i can call someone and ask WHO that car is registered to and where they live?

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:10:38 AM EDT
[#30]
some of the people in this country are pathetic, that's the only nice thing i have to say..
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:11:21 AM EDT
[#31]
How can you say over reaction? How are people driving by supposed to know it's inert? I pass a jeep like that I'm calling police or would you have me stop and wait to see if he opens fire? Too many nuts out there you never know. It's all over so it's easy to say they overacted because you know the actual outcome. I think he's a ass for doing what he did.  Shit like this just adds fuel to the anti's rant.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:15:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
How can you say over reaction? How are people driving by supposed to know it's inert? I pass a jeep like that I'm calling police or would you have me stop and wait to see if he opens fire? Too many nuts out there you never know. It's all over so it's easy to say they overacted because you know the actual outcome. I think he's a ass for doing what he did.  Shit like this just adds fuel to the anti's rant.

And we find another nanny stater...

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:15:59 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

in one of the threads here about buying old armor, someone posted a story about being pulled over while trailering their APC (?) somewhere. the reason given by the deputies was [to the effect of] "there has got to be something illegal about this".

i remember that, but atleast mine were cool enough to ask where to buy one when they found out it was privately owned...   and their boss will sign off on ATF forms, so all is good

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:17:13 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You might want to get the sand out before you post ignorant shit again.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:17:41 AM EDT
[#35]
That flag waving bastard, how dare he??!!!

Jesus this country is fuct.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:17:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Oh my God!!!  He was waving a flag!!!  Run for your life!!!
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:19:09 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

so are you going to call in anyone where open carry is legal? because, you knkow, who knows when they might open fire?

jackass
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:19:20 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I respectfully disagree with you. Would you call the cops on someone who was open carrying a 1911 at McDonalds?
Would you call the cops on him if he was in a parade? Would you call the cops on me when I drive by on a motorcycle with an AR15 strapped across my back?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:19:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

yep, the guy had a flag.  i mean, it was only a matter of time........................

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:21:47 AM EDT
[#40]

I would have drawn down.  

I mean, an old guy waving an American flag...in America?

Something is wrong with the guy.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:23:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

And that is about all that needs to be said about that.

_MaH
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:24:41 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Yes there are so many nut jobs out there driving M38A1s with M2s on them shooting things up.  If I see someone with a pointed stick or a banana should I call the cops?

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:25:10 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
That blond reporter is so fooking hot.
Yes, MaryBeth is very hot.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:25:19 AM EDT
[#44]
I'm embarassed for the people of California!! For the love of God...call the cops, he's in a jeep and waving a flag, terrorist, terrorist!!! Thank the Lord I live in Alabama.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:25:33 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Don't show up in any open-carry States (like VA, for instance) I don't want you calling the cops on me.  

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:26:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
HE WAS WAVING A FLAG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

was he a licensed flag waver or just some random guy who thought he would wave a flag without a permit or registration papers?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:27:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Older guy, flag wave, ald ass truck...yep, my first thought would be PROUD Vet., and would have given a nod followed by thumbs up. Good day sir.

Brad
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:28:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Blatant displays of nationalism, such as flag waving, will not be tolerated.

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:29:35 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that is about all that needs to be said about that.

_MaH

Agreed.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 5:30:52 AM EDT
[#50]
Whoever called the police would have a hard time living in my little corner of rural America.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/blackhorse17/339922075/

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top