[#1]
And Why not?....[:)]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:33:10 AM EDT
[#2]
To assist in his protection ?

[smoke]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:34:41 AM EDT
[#3]
He was prob. an agent before the terrorist attack.

As for why?  "Land of the Free...."  I think that means everyone, not just caucasians.

Link Posted: 1/10/2002 7:39:19 AM EDT
[#4]
It's definitely a sticky issue. The guy might be a cracker jack agent, but I think he's stupid to not be aware of how his appearance (armed Arab man on American Airlines flight) might aggravate things. In his shoes, I'd be a bit slower on the draw with my attorneys. Is it right? Probably not. Is it how it is? Yup.

Your Mileage May Vary.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 8:37:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I saw the link to Vdare.com and didn't even waste my time reading the "article".
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 9:12:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
It's definitely a sticky issue. The guy might be a cracker jack agent, but I think he's stupid to not be aware of how his appearance (armed Arab man on American Airlines flight) might aggravate things. In his shoes, I'd be a bit slower on the draw with my attorneys. Is it right? Probably not. Is it how it is? Yup.

Your Mileage May Vary.
View Quote

At least you were fair and left an option and my "mileage does vary."
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 9:26:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your Mileage May Vary.
View Quote

View Quote

Well, I haven't seen the agent's side of things. I reserve the right to admit I might be wrong.
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 9:29:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your Mileage May Vary.
View Quote

View Quote

Well, I haven't seen the agent's side of things. I reserve the right to admit I might be wrong. Plus Vdare.com... I get the sense that for all their detached tone, big words, and euphemisms, I get the sense that they just don't care much for non-whites overall. So I take them with a grain of salt, even if they do make good points now and then.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 1/10/2002 9:44:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Being that he is probably fluent in Arabic and is familiar with the culture and idiosyncrasies of Arab culture, an Arab-American SS makes perfect sense. Who else would be able to know exactly how these people think. The West has aleady made mistake after mistake when it comes to reading into how the Arab thinks and trying to predict their next moves. Mistakes that go all the way back to "Laurence of Arabia", include events in Somalia, 3 Embassy bombings, the USS Cole and culminating with 9-11-01.
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:08:38 AM EDT
[#11]
He isn't arab he is american.

Nitwits
Link Posted: 1/11/2002 7:18:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
He isn't arab he is american.

Nitwits
View Quote

Well said and ditto.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top