Keep em out of my yard.

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 3:56:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Who could be mad at that face?
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 3:57:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

She was sooo proud. I was too. She is a great dog.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 3:57:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

the chicken??
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 3:57:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds fair.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:00:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Just expect the same when you come into mine. I have a neighbor Rot that killed six of mine in my backyard last year. Next time I see it in my yard, he's going to doggy heaven.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:00:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Animal on your land = Good Kill.

Everytime.

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:05:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Animal on your land = Good Kill.

Everytime.

Except when its deer eating your corn.

GFP doesn't give a crap until you (allegedly) shoot  one...
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Just expect the same when you come into mine. I have a neighbor Rot that killed six of mine in my backyard last year. Next time I see it in my yard, he's going to doggy heaven.

Had a a small pit come into my yard a month or so back. Tried to mount my dog and almost got itself killed. I was going for my 9mm but my dog chased it off. Trespassers are never welcome.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#9]
If the chickens can get in, does that mean the dog can get out? Hope it's chained or something.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:07:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

She was sooo proud. I was too. She is a great dog.

Just doing her job.

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:08:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If the chickens can get in, does that mean the dog can get out? Hope it's chained or something.

Unless my dog learns to fly over the fence like the chickens. I am not chaining her up.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:08:51 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless my dog learns to fly over the fence like the chickens. I am not chaining her up.

I gotcha.

Must be funny as hell to watch.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:11:53 PM EDT
[#13]
2 neighborhood Golden Retrievers killed one of our roosters about a year ago. He was a pet more than anything, would come when I called him, and had a real personality to him. It really upset the family. I wish I was there or our dogs were out when it happened to defend him. If I see em again on the property, they will get some JHP goodness.

Cute dog, though!
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:13:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You mean like this... :)

Almost a 6 foot tall fence...

She has gotten completely over it, luckily the neighbors yard is fenced in too.  She loves chasing birds and squirrels and has caught two birds and a mole.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#15]
He probably has on of those electronic collars on his dog and a "hidden fence.

ETA a day late and a dollar short
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#16]
double cluck.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:19:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Same goes with "Free Range" chickens.  I hit one with my truck last summer, knocked out the blinker, busted the bezel and bulb, cost me nearly 60 dollars to replace.  Next time it will go to court.  I still see the little bastards pecking in the ditch on the side of the road (minus 1).
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

the chicken??

bingo
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:25:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Trespassers = shot.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:27:14 PM EDT
[#20]
I am thinking about raising some free range guinea hens this summer

i hate ticks

I should be able to convince them to roost back in a pen but to be effective they will need to range over the unfenced back acre woodlot

it could be an interesting experiment

I have pulled about a dozen Ticks this week off my 2 dogs, and I found 4 crawlers on me

I HATE TICKS!

spoon

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:27:15 PM EDT
[#21]
What's the legality of shooting a local doberman that intrudes onto my deck?
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:28:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Can't we all just get along.

Hell I would have kept it to see if it would give me some eggs.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:29:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Depends, is he vicious?
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:29:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Trespassers = shot.

With his dog that is apparently not neccessary...
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I am sure its illegal in my area but I would shoot anyway if I felt I needed to.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:32:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Did you already try talking to the owner?
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Can't we all just get along.

Hell I would have kept it to see if it would give me some eggs.

Usually I just toss em back over the fence but once my dog gets em. They are dead within seconds.

Only problem I really have with chickens is the ticks and mites.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:33:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Depends, is he vicious?

I've never shot a dog that wasn't.

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:36:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am sure its illegal in my area but I would shoot anyway if I felt I needed to.

It is not illegal.. all counties have leash laws... loose dog on your property is fair game.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:45:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Killing loose stock is usually illegal.  But no one could blame the dog for it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:46:09 PM EDT
[#32]
IBTCA   - In Before The Chicken Apologists
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:58:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Pooch. Oh dang Oh Dang.....it RUNS it RUNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.....AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! catch it, catch it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! CRUNCH!

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:55:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. He said: "Go ahead. I have a gun too" . I have no idea if the dog is vicious, I assume it is. It scares the shit out of my wife.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:03:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Why did the chicken cross the road?
Evidently it was to provide a snack to your pup
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:09:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Trespassers = shot.

Survivors = shot again
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:14:28 AM EDT
[#37]
purty dogggggyyyyyyy
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:23:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Did you baste the sum-bitch with BBQ sauce and grill it for the pooch? I would have.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:26:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Shes not a full blood rot is she?

Quoted:

Keep em out of my yard.

http://i39.tinypic.com/jzeqo.jpg

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:29:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Try making friends with it. Despite their reputation, dobermans are sweeties.

Any neighborhood dog who comes over to say "hi" is always going to be welcome, and sometimes well fed.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:29:42 AM EDT
[#41]
Hopefully you cleaned and cooked it for her?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:30:20 AM EDT
[#42]
WIN!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:32:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. He said: "Go ahead. I have a gun too" . I have no idea if the dog is vicious, I assume it is. It scares the shit out of my wife.

are you in the country?? Do you own the property said trespass occurs on your deck?? If not in the rural area is it Legal to discharge firearm in city limits? Call police its what they do best.... levy fines.. answer bad dog calls etc..catch omg speeders..and code breakers.. AH sir you violated code 615.47 of the city ordinance.. etc..  I don't shoot dogs. lippy owners or neighbors  now that is a different thing.. some people are scared of their own shadow.. Me i' don't like spiders..
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:32:56 AM EDT
[#44]
My chickens are like children to me. The wife and I love our chickens as much as you assholes love your dogs and kids.  If someone killed one of my chickens, they would feel the wrath and beg for a merciful death. Hurt my chicken=I hurt you.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:32:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:41:43 AM EDT
[#46]
I wouldn't be too proud of my dog for wasting the neighbors chickens!!  And unfortunately.....you will not be able to own chickens either.  

Really should break your dog of killing chickens, it will likely bode ill for you and the hound in the future.

Might just be the farm boy in me talking. However, I've seen my dad shoot his own dog if it wouldn't stop killing chickens.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:41:56 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds like a great guy.  I would call animal control next time it happens.  They'll take the dog, and he'll have to deal with some BS to get it back.  I know it isn't as cool as some guys here would like, but if it comes down to it, I'd rather just play my cards right and let him deal with a legal entity.

Judging by his response, I would just make sure to go the legal route with the guy in case he's some wacko that will cause you more grief down the line.

Good luck.

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:44:04 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Try making friends with it. Despite their reputation, dobermans are sweeties.

Any neighborhood dog who comes over to say "hi" is always going to be welcome, and sometimes well fed.

yeah, a few years back my bus stop for high school was right next to a fence where a rottweiler lived. we didnt go near the fence for the first three weeks. then when we finally did we found out how nice the dog was. they are not all bad, it depends on how they were raised (though sometimes even that isnt enough). but remember, there is a reason these dogs have these reputations.

pertaining to the one on the porch i would talk with the owner and try to make friends with these dogs. that said, if it dosint want to be friends and comes into your yard kill it (preemptive strike might even be neccesary if your kids are at stake and it has proven it can get out already. no sensible jury should find you guilty when protecting your family, but you can bet a scumbag lawyer would take the case against you.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:45:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Shes not a full blood rot is she?
Quoted:
Keep em out of my yard.

http://i39.tinypic.com/jzeqo.jpg

no she is 1/2 golden retriever. When I give her a haircut she looks 100% Rott though
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:46:32 AM EDT
[#50]
If you have a wandering dog problem make an anonymous "tip" on said dogs owner to the DEA, ATF, FBI and local swat about some contraband and they will take care of the dog(s) for you...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top