Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/9/2002 6:50:00 PM EDT
Anyone else here heat with wood AND have dogs? I know, that's probably a stupid question to begin with. But...

Me and my wife have a wood stove and a couple of pit bulls. I don't know about your dogs, but mine can't get enough of it. My favorite is when they sleep with their heads under it while the fire's going.

It's pretty funny too, when you look at them it's looks like they're high from the heat. Always cracks me up.

Anyway, the wife came up with the perfect word for it tonight.

Stovebathing.

I thought it was perfect. Unless you've seen it, you just won't understand.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 7:32:31 PM EDT
[#1]
We don't have wood heating, or even a dog that likes heat, but my Rottie will always find the coolest place in the house. If there is a draft all we have to do is watch him when he lays down for thge night. The source of the draft will be somewhere very near. This is a big help when the kids leave a window open. [:)]
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 7:35:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Our two girls like the cold as well, can't stand the heat.  If we are walking through a parking lot in summer they will hug the sides of the cars to get into shade.  We are going to be taking them up to the snow in a couple weeks. That is heaven to them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 8:04:57 PM EDT
[#3]
My German Shep loves the heat from the wood stove, but she gets pissed when I open it and she can see the flames...I mean really pissed...growl, bark, hair stands up pissed.

Sorta' funny actually.

medcop
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 8:58:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Lizard.  Hot rock.  Bliss.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 9:13:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top