Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2002 2:28:16 PM EDT
I think I am going to start one of those cash for guns booths.  I figure I can pay up to 500 per gun depending on what it is.  Then take what I like and sell the rest.  Mean while I will make all the hippy lefties feel good about turning in their gun and I might even make a nice little profit while I am at it.  I could tie it all up in a non profit organization call gun keepers Inc.  

Anyone think that that is a good idea???

R4M
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 2:43:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Start a bogus non-profit gun control group to make a name for yourself. Then advertise a gun buyback.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 3:02:07 PM EDT
[#2]
So what if you are going to "take guns off the street"
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 3:06:52 PM EDT
[#3]
got it "Guns off the Street"(bogus non-prof.)  Commited to taking illegal guns off the street.

That will work it doesn't go against my standards of gun control but it does stand for my belief that crimanal should not have guns(after they have prooven themselves reformed I don't have a problem) and the illegal sale of fire arms.  So anyone think this might be a good idea?  Or am I just kidding myself?

R4M
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 3:12:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't pay out cash; you should be able to trade, say, $50 worth of movie coupons (which you bought in bulk for a quarter of face-value.)  The ATF or IRS may have issues with parts of your plan though.

If you can do this without getting yourself in legal trouble or causing massive negative publicity go for it.

Francisco
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 3:23:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Well what if I made it a profit organization?  Just bought the guns and then resold them.  Then all I would have to worry about would be the BATF.  which shouldn't be a problem cause maybe I could talk the local class 3 into doing it.  He could get all the stock and then resale them.

O well leaves much to be thought of.

R4M

Any suggestions on how to avoid the IRS and ATF while doing this would be helpful and welcomed.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 3:38:26 PM EDT
[#6]
How would you determine if a weapon was stolen or not... you obviously couldn't traffic in stolen goods.  And even if you found a way around the stolen weapons issue, then you have to contend with the fact that you'd be encouraging crackheads to steal guns to sell.

Sounds like a good idea, but it would come with a good amount of headaches.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top