Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/8/2002 7:26:01 AM EDT
I wish that I could take credit for thinking of this !!!
When you get ads in your phone or utility bill,
include them with the payment. Let them throw it away.

When you get those pre approved letters in the mail
for everything from credit cards to 2nd mortgages and
junk like that, most of them come with postage paid
return envelopes, right?
Well, why not get rid of some of your other junk mail
and put it in these cool little envelopes!
Send an ad for your local chimney cleaner to American
Express. Or a pizza coupon to Citibank.
If you didn't get anything else that day, then just
send them their application back! If you want to
remain anonymous, just make sure your name isn't on
anything you send them. You can send it back empty if
you want to just to keep them guessing!
Eventually, the banks and credit card companies will
begin getting all their junk back in the mail. Let's
let them know what it's like to get junk mail, and
best of all THEY'RE paying for it!  Twice!
Let's help keep our postal service busy since they say
e-mail is cutting into their business, and that's why
they need to increase postage again!
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 7:31:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Good idea!
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 7:36:19 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought it was a good idea in 1973 when Foley's (my first credit card) started packing their statements w/ perfumed crap. I still do it today.

Mike
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 7:36:48 AM EDT
[#3]
that is a GREAT idea!!!!!

I think I'll do it this way.

I'll dummy up 1/3 of a sheet of paper that simply says

"Since you see fit to waste my time with your ads, I'm gonna waste your money by using your post-paid envelope."

Put it in the envelope, and RETURN TO SENDER.

BwaaaaaaaaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[devil]

Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:44:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I've always wondered if I could take the envelope from the credit cards companies apart, wrap it around a brick and mail it back to them.  Nothing linke mailing a 3 pound package back to them at their expense.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:49:32 AM EDT
[#5]
For some odd reason, I think I recall reading where that was illegal.  But, FWIW, I still do it.  When I get an application in the mail, I tear off where my name is and any bar codes and just send all of the stuff back in.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:20:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Now I know what to do with all that mail my parents bring me from when I lived at there home.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 10:44:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
For some odd reason, I think I recall reading where that was illegal.
View Quote

Not as long as it's a Post-ban brick.  That was a published tactic by HCI for a while, send back NRA pre-paid envelopes attached to something heavy.

But I'd never do anything like that.[}:)]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 10:50:48 AM EDT
[#8]
LOL!  I've been doing exactly that for months.

About every other week I take all of my collected junk mail that has postage-paid return envelopes.  I remove all references to my personal data, shuffle the remainder, and stuff it all in the envelopes randomly.

If enough people started doing this, the amount of junk mail would drop precipitously.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 12:41:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
LOL!  I've been doing exactly that for months.

About every other week I take all of my collected junk mail that has postage-paid return envelopes.  I remove all references to my personal data, shuffle the remainder, and stuff it all in the envelopes randomly.

If enough people started doing this, the amount of junk mail would drop precipitously.
View Quote

I shred all the stuff with my info on it.
Then I take the extra coupons etc. out of the newspaper and stuff them in there!

NameWithHeldToProtectTheInnocent[O:)]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 1:09:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 2:48:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I have heard of several people who have donated $1.00 to hillary clinton.  They then got on a mailing list and had several return adress envelopes sent to them regularly.  They were the big brown envelopes with a large packet of information for you to donate more.  They then filled them with bricks.  
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 7:29:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Don't send personal stuff.  Send stuff stuck to the bottom of your shoe, or scrape off your work table into the envelope.
Can labels or old coupons are good too.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 7:43:20 PM EDT
[#13]
There was a movement afoot a few years back to send in requests for Handgun Control, Inc., literature. It costs money to send you their crap, which you just file in the trash and do it again. [>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top