Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2002 8:14:20 PM EDT
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 8:32:41 PM EDT
[#1]
hey goatboy does this mean theres going to be a ar15.com CS server?
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 10:39:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I used to play urban terror with [AR15.COM] in my name in hopes that of getting more people on this site.

Link Posted: 1/7/2002 11:27:40 PM EDT
[#3]
The Landwarrior 50 player game server @ AR15.com is now open!
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 4:16:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a thing for MechWarrior..does that count?
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 5:55:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 6:04:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 6:21:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Well, I rule at UT, have broadband, and will 0\/\/nz0r you at it if I get half a chance- but it seems like I can never find a fast server. Let me know if we do get a ded. UT Server up-I'm in line for it.

Juggernaut
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 7:56:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:00:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Well, I rule at UT, have broadband, and will 0\/\/nz0r you at it if I get half a chance- but it seems like I can never find a fast server. Let me know if we do get a ded. UT Server up-I'm in line for it.

Juggernaut
View Quote

I am in for UT also.  I can only play after work.  It's been about six months since I played.  I will kick ass.  [:)]  or is that suck ass?  
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:16:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just curious... free, charging, etc...

]=)

Looking for a CS server or two for a great clan and friends of mine. CS clanners from a while back...

Anyhow, looking for a central server if possible, but lemme know if anyone knows of anything.

If I had more BW to spare I would throw a box or two up myself, but we seem to fill the pipe in the evenings when the server would be needed... and a T3 is expensive! [=D]
View Quote

Goatboy,

We may be able to set something up in our datacenter.  Send me an email [email protected] maybe we can set something up.

Link Posted: 1/8/2002 12:24:08 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd do it if I were rich, but I wouldn't host CounterStrike, I'd host Tactical Ops for Unreal Tournament.

The latest version as released about 2 months ago really makes the game great, like it infinitely more than CS for similar style of game play.   It's just that TO would make the slower machines weep in agony trying to push decent frame rates.

I love tracking down a person who's been wounded and is bleeding all over the place, follow them around corners and guess where they are going so you can run ahead of them and ambush them.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 6:22:16 AM EDT
[#12]
You may find many ISPs willing to host a game server you provide and administrate for little or no cost to you.  The ISP I work for hosts something like 40 game servers [url]www.fragfarm.com[/url] and finds the service we offer comes back to us in the form of exposure to gamers who become customers.  Since many of those who play on these servers are customers of ours already, they really don't eat into our backbone bandwidth so our costs are not that great.

If you can put together the box and run it responsibly, I would bet you could convince a local ISP to host it for you and still allow you that local access that you would desire.  If the ISP you are trying to get to host your server has any questions about the feasibility and/or costs of hosting a game server, they are welcome to email [email][email protected][/email] with any questions they may have.
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 9:54:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/9/2002 10:16:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Also, ya never know if someone has a server and wouldn't mind helping out!
View Quote

$45/month + bandwidth and i could do it for ya.  Dunno if UT runs under linux or not though, haven't ever looked at that one.  Of course, if someone who works for a hosting company can do it, they can probably do it cheaper.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top