Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2002 6:41:12 PM EDT
I have been on this board for a short while and enjoy it quiet a bit. Some of you know me well enough to know that I have been fighting cancer for almost three years now. Bottom line is that I had two cancers, one that moves fairly fast and one that moves slowly. I was informed just before Christmas that I have been lucky enough to defeat the fast dragon, he is DEAD!! Last week I was at Vanderbilt hospital in Nashville for a bunch of tests getting ready for a stem cell transplant in order to defeat the other dragon. My transplant has now been moved up and I will be entering Vanderbilt on 10 January to begin the process. I will be in Vanderbilt for at least a month and at home in isolation for longer than that. I will try to post from the hospital on my laptop when I am up to it. I look forward to being cured and being at Knob Creek in April in hopes of meeting more of you face to face. For those so inclined, I ask that you pray for my family as this is going to be tough on them. I plan on being back in the shop as soon as I can, making suppressors and machine guns. Thanks again to all of you, and I will see ya soon.

Tony G

[bounce]                       [50]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:45:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:46:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Good luck with the treatment...take care and we hope you get back soon!

May God be with you.

medcop
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:53:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Give it hell, Tony, we all are pulling for you.
You will be good as new in no time flat :)
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:55:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I wish you a speedy recovery and complete remission.  As my personal effort to help fight cancer, I have been donating platelets at the City of Hope, Duarte CA ([url]www.cityofhope.org[/url])to help people with bone morrow transplants that are the result of leukemia. I am also particpating in developing a vacine for help infant cancers.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 7:31:16 PM EDT
[#5]
I know you'll beat this Tony!![beer]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 7:32:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 7:34:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 7:46:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 7:53:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Good Luck, Tony!
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Good luck to you and your family Tony.
Give'em hell!
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 8:10:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 3:35:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Go get'em Tony - best of luck.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 3:40:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 3:44:27 AM EDT
[#14]
I admire your strength, Sir.
Fight on!
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 4:24:49 AM EDT
[#15]
You have won half the battle! I will pray for complete victory! Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 5:13:44 AM EDT
[#16]
Good luck and God Bless you and your family, Tony.  Keep us informed.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 7:35:30 AM EDT
[#17]
Tony,

Best of luck.  My wife has beaten several forms of cancer.  It can be done.  Courage and faith are the best allies.

James
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 7:40:59 AM EDT
[#18]
My wife (34 yrs old) is in the process of kicking lymphoma. She's in remission right now.

Head up high, good attitude, and you'll beat it.

Prayer couldn't hurt either.

best to ya,

garandman
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:02:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Keep fighting, never ever quit.

You will be in my prayers.

Matt
(beat testicular cancer 4yrs. ago, they initially said I had only 6 weeks to live.....still here).
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:13:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Ain't nothing to it but to do it Brother.  You're greatest asset is the attitude you're displaying.  Between that and your family backing you up, there's no doubt in my mind we'll be seeing you out grinning on the firing line in no time flat.

[b]Nana korobi, ya oki[/b]
(fall down seven times, get up eight)
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:56:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Good luck with your fight, sounds like you'll be back to good health in no time.  I've heard the stem cell implant has promising results.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 9:33:52 AM EDT
[#22]
May Our Gracious and Loving Heavenly Father hold you and your family, and all those who minister unto you, in the Palm of His Hand!

You [u]will[/u] have the spirit and strength to carry on with your battle, because you are not alone, nor forsaken. All of our prayers will see to that!

Can I get a righteous 'Amen' to that?!

Eric The(Yes,I'mInclinedTowardPrayers)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top