Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2002 3:08:07 PM EDT
Howdy!

I was lucky enough to be down in Vegas for the New Years weekend.  I don't know if anyone heard about this, or if any news even carried anything about New Years down there.  But, WOW!  Not only was it fun, but something GOOD AND UNEXPECTED happened!

To start off with, 7-course meal for dinner at the Paris.  The theme was Moulin Rouge.  Dancing girls, acts on stage...  WOW.  About 11:45, I left the party and went outside.  The strip (all 16 lanes) was shut down COMPLETELY and was packed with people.  The Counttown started at T-24 seconds.  After that, fireworks and the crowd went wild.  It sounded like shotguns going off over our heads- it was LOUD.  The colors were mainly red, white, and blue with the obligatory gold and silver.

Afterward, what would start up but the Fountains of Bellagio...  Playing "I'M PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!"  The crowd started to sing along and the fountains made an impressive display.  After it ended, a small chant of USA - USA - USA arose from somewhere.  It got louder and louder.  The chant never arose beyond what was in New York; it didn't help that many people outside were foreign and weren't exactly sure of what was going on.  But, you definitely knew who the Americans were!

All in all, a DAMN GOOD TIME!

Mike

PS.  No, I didn't become a millionaire.  [:)]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 4:30:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for spendin your $$$$$$$ here and keepin me outta recession!
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 7:12:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote

Don't tell me that you work on the Strip...  (If you're at the Paris I'm gonna fall over!)
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 10:19:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 10:22:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 1:18:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your welcome.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 6:34:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Wolfpack:
I figured you to be in Reno.
Like, UNR Wolf Pack?
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 6:42:30 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't live in Vegas, but my sweet little Glock 26 packin' mother is a 21 dealer at Bellagio. We are fortunate enough in this state to have plenty of extra money floating around. Those room taxes help stave off our having a state income tax. And we are shall issue. And we are Class 3. And the first time I heard someone yell " LAST CALL!", I had to ask what that meant( that was in CA ). And you can smoke in restaraunts and bars. And, if your so inclined, we have legal prostitution. Just don't bring weed, cuz we're more like Turkey than Cali.
Link Posted: 1/8/2002 8:52:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top