Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/7/2002 5:21:55 AM EDT
[url]http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/fr/603102/posts[/url]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 5:30:32 AM EDT
[#1]
"We killed a lot of people here," (Green Beret) Kevin said, with clear satisfaction. "I hate to sound gleeful, but they deserved it."
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 5:42:36 AM EDT
[#2]
GREAT Story!!

Thanks DivDoc..
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 5:44:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Fine work by Special Forces.

The CIA needs to get a little credit too.

[beer]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 5:45:48 AM EDT
[#4]
And ya know what...Im glad they did...beacause there are just that many less of them to come here and kill our people..which is what the taliban..islamic jihad..hamas...etc are all about..hit them and hit them hard let them know just what they can expect and everytime they launch another terror act against us..we hit them back twice as hard..we go into every country that supports them and root them out this time and dont stop until everyone of those rat bastards is dead...I'm just sorry I wasnt along for the ride!
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 5:56:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
F.I.B.S, leave your money and go home.

LMAO!! Try living in Wisconsin Dells for 20 years!
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:15:26 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't believe the US is controlling the direction of this war so well.  These guys can't just sit back and let us destroy all of them forever.  Something will have to happen sooner or later????  Its frickin ODD. I don't know?????  

IF they do sit back and just let of clean their clocks will that arouse simpathy in domestic Islamic Fundamentalists to take to the streets here in America?????? Any thoughts???

Benjamin
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:24:23 AM EDT
[#7]
If so, then I get to shoot some bad guys!
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 6:52:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
And ya know what...Im glad they did...beacause there are just that many less of them to come here and kill our people.
View Quote

Hey brother, I'm with you! What I obviously needed there were a couple of "thumbs up" smileys to go with the quote that I posted.

Get some, Special Forces bubbas! Remember SFC Chapman, and get a few for him.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 7:44:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Directing bombs on the battlefield, called close air support, is part art, part science, Kevin said. Tiger 03 controllers noticed that Taliban fighters would come out of their trenches to watch bombs falling on their comrades nearby. They began choreographing bomb runs so that one or two minutes after bombs started falling on one hill, they would begin landing on the spectators on the neighboring hill.
View Quote

[kill]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 7:50:34 AM EDT
[#10]
 Like they say in the cartoons, 'if ya can't outfight 'em, outsmart 'em.'  And it is REALLY good when you do both.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 7:59:43 AM EDT
[#11]
It is really quite simple. The US relies on its Air Superiority. Special Forces Units act mainly as observers locating, identifying and assessing a target and its relative value. Info is then relayed back, where the information is further analyzed and augemented with ariel and satellite photographs and possibley electronic eavesdropping.
Then an Air Strike is planned and launched.

During the Vietnam War, a Marine Recon Group (code named Stingray) did something similar to the NVA. They acted as observers and would call in Air or Artillary Strikes.

The primary "mission" of such groups is to avoid detection and if detected to withdraw from the area, fighting only when it is absolutely necessary.

They are sometimes used in Raids, but their cheif value is to gather intelligence.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 8:28:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 11:57:01 AM EDT
[#13]
You know, in the next few years, as these guys retire and leave the service and get free of security restrictions, there are going to be some fucking AWSOME books being written about this... and well they should cause its already one for the ages, regardless of what happens to OBL.
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:01:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I just returned from India and I had a chance to speak to a brigadier general from the Gurkha Regiment.  He said that speaking as a military man he was very impressed with what the US was able to accomplish in Afganistan.  He called it brilliant.  That is tremendous praise coming from the Gurkhas.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He called it brilliant.  That is tremendous praise coming from the Gurkhas.
GunLvr
View Quote

"WOWSER"
(That's Gurkha for "we liked your schitt but don't tell the British we said it !")
Link Posted: 1/7/2002 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Taliban...kill 'em cuz they NEED killin'.

They can't be reformed, they can't be re-educated, they can't be rehabilitated.

They can only killed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top